Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New to this and need some help! (TMI!, Sorry!)

Happy new year everyone!
Me and OH have just started TTC but I am completely clueless about the whole thing!
I stopped the pill 3 weeks ago and 2 days ago started what I thought was a period, however, and this maybe TMI, it only lasted the afternoon and it was brown blood not red? Is this normal or is my body playing tricks?
Also would I class that as CD1 so CD 3 today?
Help please!

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry i'm not sure, but I do know that I came off the pill a couple of years ago (not for baby reasons) and I had really weird brown spotting whilst my body was adjusting, so hopefully it will sort itself out. Not sure about CD1 tho. I am coming off the pill next week, so would be interested to hear any other replies on this thread : ) xxx
  • Options
    I came off my pill back in December and once I had my withdrawal bleed, I had nothing since then. I know for sure my period will be late this month (should be due Thursday if I had a normal 28 day cycle) Last time I came off the pill I think it was about 40 days to get my proper periods again.

I wouldn't count the discharge as CD1 as that should be a full day of proper bleeding. The brown stuff sounds like old 'gunk' not fresh (this sounds so gross lol)
  • Options
    Bummer! Really thought that was it, have had bad period pains too!Have read so many horror stories about it taking anywhere up to a year for your periods to re appear after the pill, heres hoping it wont be like that for me, PMA, lol!
    Should I wait for that first period to make an appearance before ttc?
    Me and OH have done a fair bit of bding since the end of my pill already! image
    When do you noramlly ov (without using sticks) is it around cd14-17?
  • Options
    I know - I got so scared when I started reading about how long it could take to get back to normal. We're ttc this month, was meant to wait till May but hubby got all excited about being a dad before he is 30 (bday is in Nov.) so we decided to try earlier. So now I'm in a quandry about when I should do a pg test. Think I will wait till the 19th and if no AF will take my first test.

Regarding OV'ing if you have a normal 28 day cycle then yes I think its about day 14-17. I'm on CD26 and am tracking my temps and think I OV'd yesterday/today.

This is soo exciting isn't it?! Was just in a meeting and drifted away in my own private world thinking OMG I could be pregnant!!!
  • Options
    :lol:I know what you mean, it's really exciting but also a bit scary all rolled into one!
    Just wish I could have a period now so that we can get cracking! That is the first time I have wished for my period, lol! And also the last!
    Af if you can hear me come this once then bugger off for 9 months!
  • Options
    hi girls, i am in the same position as you too - had my withdrawal and now waiting for real AF - if i had 28 cycle, i would be 3 days over due - WISH it would come, so much,
    i have heard of this 'herbal' thing called agnus castus and its meant to re-regulate your monthyl cycle, so could be worth a go. i looked in holland and barrat at lunch and its ??4.99 for about a month's worth.
    have heard some people take it and have AF the next day! xx
  • Options
    :lol: I am wishing my would come soon to :lol:

Its a pain AF played about when i came off the pill.

Wouldnt want to get you all excited but if you ov'd on cd14 ish that would make you 10dpo ish - my point being it could be implantation bleeding.
    When i came off the pill in 2005 i had my bfp 3w.4d after coming off the pill image

Other wise she could be messing with you she is mean like that image

Good Luck gem x

http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3655/365519.png

• Options
    yea i wud say it was withdrawal bleed, hard to say what ur on so i would bonk bonk bonk every other day and if you get next af use that as cd1 to start afresh and keep track. i had real AF 30 days after first day of withdrawal bleed xxx good luck hun hope to see more of u, not for too long of course so u have BFP xxx
  • Options
    My last pill was taken on 26th December, so only 10 days ago, think that is a bit soon to have ov'ed yet!?
    Was just so strange that I have had bad cramps and headaches (which I always get when the witch is on her way) and then the brown discharge with a little red, really thought that was her on the way, next day and nothing! And now the cramps have gone too!
    Really hope everything gets back in the swing soon, I WANT A BABY!
  • Options
    Hey babyboo2u ,

I came off the pill at end of Oct and had my normal withdrawl bleed but then had spotting very similar to you - brown and a bit red - about 10 days later. I then got my first real period on CD26 and have beenhaving normal cycles since then. I also had the cramps and headaches - think it was just my body finally being able to do it's own thing again and sorting itself out. Good luck, hope you get sorted soon!!!.x.
  • Options
    Trixie I hope I follow in your steps then!
    I was on cerazette before so never had withdrawl bleeds or a pill free weeks as you have to run them pills on continuously. Have heard some nightmares about that pill now, wish I knew back then what I do now, would never have gone on to it!
  • Options
    Hi babyboo, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you and the other girls. Came off the pill in Nov, WB as normal then AF arrived around CD33. No cramps, just a light brownish disharge with a bit of pink thrown in for good measure - nice eh! This lasted about 4 days total and I did count the 1st day as CD1 so I am CD 7 or 8 today. I'm probably way off target but until the real thing arrives I figure it's better to be charting something, makes me feel more in control, even if I'm wrong!!

Good luck, hope you get back to a normal cycle soon.