Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ov test or sticks

`Hi Can you advise what the best ones to get are?

Thanks

Replies

• Hi,

I was all for the sticks and the CBFM etc but i found something quite good. Its called an Ovulation Microscope. I got mine for ??17 off of Access Diagnostics website and all you do is each day you lick a clear lens and then leave it for 5 mins to dry and then look through the microscope. If your saliva is crystalized then you are not ovulating. When it is fern shaped (like a Xmas tree leaf is the best way to explain it) then you are about to OV. I really would recommend this as you can use it any time of the day and it is shaped like a lipstick so i just keep mine in my handbag and then if i forget to use it in a morning i do it at work.

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/microscope.htm

a website with a bit of info for you image

xx
  • I'm not sure about the best sticks to get, but I thought you have to lick the microscope thing first thing in the morning before you drink anything or brush your teeth etc.?
  • Hi Lindz,
    Welcome to TTC!

Last month I used the clearblue digital opk's which are really easy to use. You simply get a smiley face when it detects your lh surge. The downside is that they are about ??20 for a pack of 7! So if, like I did, you start testing too early then you end up buying another pack - works out very expensive!
    I went for amazon cheapies this month (20miu) and have got on fine with them. Think they were about ??5 for 30 - also as they were so cheap I was able to test twice a day to make sure I didn't miss ov.
  • Hi Yummy mummy 2 be,

Yes that is the best time to do it but if forgotten then you can do it throughout the day. :\)

• Hi Yummy mummy 2 be,

Yes that is the best time to do it but if forgotten then you can do it throughout the day. :\)