Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhh!!! stupid PG tests!

Hello!

Well I am coming to the end of my first 2WW and it has been much harder that I thought! I know in my logic brain that doing a test 8DPO is stupid but you want to so much!

So I don't feel very pregnangt and wanted to do a test to see. So yesterday (11DPO) I did a first response test just to see. The first pink line came up but no 'you are pregnant' sign' so i just thought it was my first BFN and went to see the OH to feel a bit sorry for myself.

About 15 mins later I went back to the test and there was a faint 2nd pink line!! I knew straight away that if the test was negative after the 3 mins you should not look at anything that appears after but I don't know if it appeared in the 3 mins or not because I didn't watch it! (learnt my lesson on that one..)

SOOOO my brain was all over the place but I managed to hold out untill this morning to do another test with stopwatch in hand. I was so scared this morning I was shaking a bit! So did the test and it DIDN't WORK!! even the first pink didn't appear and I didn't have any other tests!

I now have to wait again (might do it tonight)

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :evil:

just wanted to share the story, feel a bit better now for having a rant

xxx

Replies

• well when i testerd with 1st responce i was about to throw my test away and i looked closer and ther was a 2nd faint line! 9months later i had my baby i think u prob are but just didnt see it first time round fingers crossed, 1st respose are the best tests 2 use xxxx
  • Sounds promising though hun! Fingers crossed for your BFP tomorrow..

Perhaps pee in a pot rather than a stick... then u can use more that one PG test with the same sample if there is a discrepancy?

Good luck xx
  • fingers crossed for you honey.
  • Well I couldn't wait untill the morning so have done another test and it came back BFN image
    Don't really know what it all means but as one test in the pack didn't even work maybe the other one from the pack that showed the pink lines was a duffer too!
    Just going to wait now untill I'm a bit closer to my AF date and see!
    This TTC things is very brain consuming!!!! xxxx
  • well if ud drank lots of water to make u pee then that would prob show as a BFN seriosly go get a 1st response and then tes 1st thing 2moro morning. i didnt belive mine, drank couple glasses of water and did a clear blue... that was neg but nxt morn got bf 2 get a 1st response and it was pos xx
  • well if ud drank lots of water to make u pee then that would prob show as a BFN seriosly go get a 1st response and then tes 1st thing 2moro morning. i didnt belive mine, drank couple glasses of water and did a clear blue... that was neg but nxt morn got bf 2 get a 1st response and it was pos xx
  • Thanks Lilly_kick, I just wish I had watched the test to know if the line showed up in the 3 mins it is supposed to! if it showed up after the 3 mins it might have been wrong anyway?
    I do have another test and have thought about testing in the morning but am feeling a bit sad and don't want to see another BFN!!! I know it won't change the outcome anyway so maybe I should just test and see.
    fingers crossed and i guess if it is BFN at least I will know!!
    xx
  • yes do the test 1st thing in the morn, wee into a cup then time the exact time to hold the stick in urine for place the cap and then watch ur watch till the mins are up... thats what i do... and i know how sad it is when its a BFN but surley it would be better putting ur mind at rest, then the constant wondering, which tests have u been using?? i've never had a neg change to a pos, or the other way around... so iv still got a good feeling for u xxx
  • Thanks I think I will. I've been using the first response ones.
    I would rather know then keep wondering so if it is a BFN at least I can feel sad and then get on with planning next months TTC!! xxx
  • well iv had neg with them b4 and they'v never changed 2 pos, was the 2nd line quite faint as u may of just missed it 1st time round (and at time i had no over symptons and was 6weeks), like i said i nearly missed my 2nd line xxx
  • It sounds very positive hun! As you are only 11dpo then it would probably have to be first morning urine to pick it up, as the line was pink then it wasn't an evap line as they appear grey or more like a shadow if you know what I mean. Have my fingers crossed, can't wait to read your announcement tomorrow! image xx
  • it was very faint but you could defo see it. My OH coud see it too so I know I wasn't seeing things!
    Will just have to wait and see, fingers crossed xxx
  • i honestly think u r!!!!! i just think u missed it 1st time, really hope u r, post tmoro 2 let me kno... how long u been trying? xxxxxx
  • Hello!!!
    Well I did a test this morning and it was BFN image boooooo!
    I do think maybe the test went a bit wrong now as all the signs of my period are here.
    I feel ok about it as it is only our first month of trying so we have many more months to come to get our BFP!
    I think I've learnt my lesson about testing too early so if I can I am going to wait longer next month!
    Thanks for the advice and support and lets hope BPFs are on the way for us all! xxxxxx
  • Ah well not to worry just test again in couple weeks to be sure... fingers crossed xxx