Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
MadeForMums is on TikTok!
Find and follow us here!

Have you picked out baby names?

Anyone already picked their baby names? are you going to tell people them?

I dont think I will tell family/friends cos I don't want the 'you cant call your baby that' speech ! lol !

Replies

• Oh yes! Had them for ages! Maisie for a girl, Alfie or Bradley for a boy. Haven't told any of my pregnant friends incase they steal them lol :lol:
  • we already have a little boy called samuel and im really loving the name poppy ( middle names: isabella rose) for a girl but OH is refusing to think about names as of yet haha! i need rose in there as its a middle name thats been passed down to me but i also love isabella as a middle name. ah decisions lol! no boys names :lol:
  • Oh yes! Had them for ages! Maisie for a girl, Alfie or Bradley for a boy. Haven't told any of my pregnant friends incase they steal them lol :lol:

my ohs ex is preg (they still speak occasionally but we have many many mutual friends) with a girl and im twitching to know whats shes calling her. if she went with poppy or any other name i love i might have a heart attack image
  • Yes we've chosen ours! Stella Rosheen for a girl and Max James for a boy. James is DH's name, same as his dad so it's kind of carrying it on (I refused to name any future son James 3rd lol).
  • I always wanted to call my little girl Daisy or Lily, and wouldn't you believe it, our friends had a little girl and called her Daisy and our other friends are due in a few months time and have decided on Lily!

I'm now quite keen on Dulcy for a little girl. I also really like Benjamin for a boy but hubby isn't fussed on either of these names! I suppose in the end, it depends upon what they look like when they pop out - my mam changed her mind completely on the name front when she had me so I was nameless for 2 weeks!
  • Hey! Well OH was very excited to think of names - and his family are irish so we have gone with irish names. Logan for a boy and Naomh (pronounced Nieve) for a girl image
  • hi, we have hope-louise for a girl and luke for a boy.girls name has been my favourite 4eva, boys name my hubby chose when we started ttc x
  • Wow, you've got it all planned, how to tell people, baby names!! I wish I shared your excitement!! x
  • me and OH havent agreed on names at all yet but I like Rachel or darcy for a girl and Mathew or Brodie for a boy
    xx
  • All that glitters- i want Poppy too!!
  • All that glitters- i want Poppy too!!

its a lovely name isnt it image i hope you get your poppy soon! xx
  • i like Lily May for a girl and not sure about a boy, my daughter has a welsh name though and and id like my 2nd to have a welsh name too but theres none i like :/ xx
  • Hiya
    Our favourite name for a boy is Rhys. Loved it for ages but would never tell anyone till born - just in case anyone steals it or gives any crticism!!!
    Girls is difficult as I change my mind constantly!
  • I love Brooke for a girl...love loads of boys names...Dylan is def first choice..really like Jake and Josh too!!
  • Hi

Had ours picked for a while Ethan or Logan for a boy and girls Isabelle (Izzy for short), Annabelle, Olyvia, Sophia, Maisie, Maddison so many to choose from for a lil girl not so many that me and oh can both agree on for a boy.

Hubby also likes Skye for a girl x
  • ive picked mine also lol well kind of but ive had many months to ponder over them

i have a son called Lennon already but another boy i would like to call his Nairn and for a girl Lily-rose or Mirren image
  • I keep changing my mind on names and so i have started writing them all down haha. fave girl's names at the moment are daisy and lola- i know she's a showgirl but hay- fave boy's name is Deacon. My problem is cos im a teacher all names link with kids in school and so if they're not nice or whatever it affects whether i still like the name.
  • Its funny how you think about names when you arent even pregnant yet lol. I like the names Neve and Taylor for a girl, havent thought of any boys names yet but there is plenty time for thatimage
    I like the name Nairn tho Grudie, quite unusual!! x
  • ist it even if it is a place in scotland being scottish i can get away with it lol we had it with Lennon but he doesnt look a Nairn lol next boy we have said will prob be called this

im always curious to know Kaiti B do you have any lennons in your class??
  • Snugglenush i love the name Niamh, i have wanted it for 9 years since i saw it in a nursery i worked in! I am in love with it. My oh doesn't feel the same unfortunately image But what Jenny wants Jenny usually gets.. and i want Niamh!