Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Would welcome your advice :)

Hi Ladies
I wonder if you could please help me and give me some advice... i am an addicted lurker on here (lol - on here every day just dont post!). This probably sounds like a rant but i need to get it off my chest as none of my friends know we are TTC!

Anyway, hubby and I started TTC in September this year, i was on the pill, and since then i have been regular (28/29 days cycle).

This month AF still has not arrived, and was due Sat/Sun. So i gave in and POAS butit was negative on sunday evening. It was a superdrug early test i think. However... still no show.

I dont think i haven been feeling any different - i work away alot so its difficult to tell if i am feeling more tired, tho i have noticed i am hungry all the time, and when i bought a coffee earlier it tasted v strong and i had to leave half of it cuz it nearly made me hurl. My grandmother passed away this week so i dont know if it is the stress of that which is delaying af's visit.

What do you ladies think - i am getting my hopes up over nothing and its simply the stress that is delaying AF or could i be pregnant and its a shy bean?

:\?

Cheers

Replies

• Hi disneyprincess (are you the same DP from yayw?) image

I think it could be either the stress or possibly a shy bean. I've read tonnes of posts online about BFPs showing up week+ after a late AF so its definitely a possibility.
    But Afs can be delayed due to stress and your Gran dying is obviously going to have some kind of impact.

I would suggest leaving it a few more days rather then keep seeing BFNs as its so disheartening...then test again if AF is awol.

Good Luck

PP84
    5weeks

xx
  • Hey pet, so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I would tend to agree with Mrs PP84, it's really demoralising to keep seeing BFN's staring back at you, I would give it a few days longer and test again.
    Good luck pet. xx
  • Hey girlies
    Thank you for your quick replies and your advice image

Ha ha ha - i think i do have a POAS addiction as have done it every month. I agree tho - think i will leave it a few more days.

I also forgot to mention - on Friday and since i have had AF type twinges, and what felt like period pain, so was sure she was on the way.

Thanks again and congrats on your BFP

Yes - i was on Y&YW but i wasnt disneyprincess!! Again-was a lurker!!!

• Hi disneyprincess, I know how you feel. We had a major house fire on Sat and brought on my AF a day early!!!! Stress can do funny things to your body. I couldnt resist taking a HPT a few days too early I admit and it was BFN so I knew it was on its way anyway...was getting cramping and sorts, so if you feel different as well you may well be in for a chance.

If AF still hasn't appeared in a couple more days, try taking another superdrug test - hoping its a BFP for ya!!

ps sorry to hear about your Grandma xx
  • oh no Mrs Lolly - i hope everything will be ok and you have not lost too much. that really is awful - i hope you and your partner are ok too.

Well - this seems to have turned me into a massive SS! So far... a little bit of heartburn, feeling really sick last night and couldnt finish my dinner, so ended up trying to eat some biscuits. I couldnt really eat much this morning for breakfast until i felt like i was going to bring it all back up again too.

what is annoying is I am away at the moment - have told my hubby and i think he is going to try and pick me up another test today- lets hope i can make it home today and wont be stuck with the snow!

x

• oh no Mrs Lolly - i hope everything will be ok and you have not lost too much. that really is awful - i hope you and your partner are ok too.

Well - this seems to have turned me into a massive SS! So far... a little bit of heartburn, feeling really sick last night and couldnt finish my dinner, so ended up trying to eat some biscuits. I couldnt really eat much this morning for breakfast until i felt like i was going to bring it all back up again too.

what is annoying is I am away at the moment - have told my hubby and i think he is going to try and pick me up another test today- lets hope i can make it home today and wont be stuck with the snow!