Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09

help

hi,
my 7 month old used to sleep through the night before christmas, but after xmas with the outlaws, a wedding and new year, meaning variety of beds , he is back to waking up at 3am and crying until 5am when we give in and bring him into bed with us.
we thought a little sepaeration anxiety and a bit hungry but we are rapidly loosing sleep and as we both work, staring to get a bit irratable. he goes to his grannies.
so what do we do? looked at the routine, tried to give more food during the day, good bedtime routine goes to sleep well at about 7.30, a bit of whinging...
please help...

Replies

• Hi and Welcome,

Could it be his teeth? this usually keeps mine awake at night. If not maybe he just needs some reassurance and if thats the case he should go back to his normal self again within a few weeks.

I would feed him striaght away if he is taking big amounts ie more than 4ozs then i would increase food in the day. Personally i would settle him in your bed striaght after feed and then move him when in deep sleep.

good luck and i hope its a phase that doesnt last long.

XX
  • thanks for your reply.
    definitely the teeth do bother him so we gave him teetha and neurofen, but i think reassurance is what he needs and also tried hungry baby milk which helped him sleep until 5.30am
    result!
  • thanks for your reply.
    definitely the teeth do bother him so we gave him teetha and neurofen, but i think reassurance is what he needs and also tried hungry baby milk which helped him sleep until 5.30am
    result!