Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

What are the chances?

Hi girls, I'm pretty new and have just started ttc - we are going to start properly in march but just see what happens till then. Anyway, we have been using the persona for contraception so pretty clued up about my cycle ( or so I thought!) I work away mon to fri and we bd'd a lot last weekend. Unexpectedly my persona told me I was ovulating Monday and Tuesday, which is about a week early for me. So now I'm thinking maybe this is fate! Anyway before I get a bit excited, what are the chance of pg if only bd 2,3&4 days prior to ov? Obviously we didn't bd on ov days as I was away but do you think I'm out? Thanks everyone x

Replies

• Hi Impatient!

Sperm can actually survive in there for up to 5 days, so it's always possible. This was our first month trying and although I can feel ovulation pains I had no idea of the exact date I ovulated (I've since bought sticks so if it doesn't work this time I'll know for next month!) I used a couple of calculating websites and it said I was most fertile from the 2nd to 7th of Jan, so we did it every day up to the 4th (I got cystitis after that so couldn't BD anymore-bugger!) I know you've already read my other post and I'm not sure it worked at this stage, but there's always a chance my lovely-just try not to think about it too much-she says!

• Thanks Hun, I know we would be incredibly lucky if we did it and since we're not officially trying I should be quite relaxed but I can't help feeling a little 'what if' excited! I know I need to chill - I have planned loads of things so far - names, nursery, prams! My hubby is worried as he thinks I'll be really deflated if I don't get preggers straight away but I have 9 months in my head so trying to stay grounded! I just can't help planning! Our wedding was organised in 4 months - I just have no patience! Hang in there too - when is af due again? Mine not till 25 th! X
  • Thanks Hun, I know we would be incredibly lucky if we did it and since we're not officially trying I should be quite relaxed but I can't help feeling a little 'what if' excited! I know I need to chill - I have planned loads of things so far - names, nursery, prams! My hubby is worried as he thinks I'll be really deflated if I don't get preggers straight away but I have 9 months in my head so trying to stay grounded! I just can't help planning! Our wedding was organised in 4 months - I just have no patience! Hang in there too - when is af due again? Mine not till 25 th! X
  • Hhahaha we're exactly the same-it was supposed to be a relaxed experience until a situation arises where we need to seriously look into it (if we don't get pg for a while basically) but I can't help planning either! I've picked all sorts of things!

My AF is due this Sunday (17th) but could come up to the 22nd too, it's normally spot on though. I really hope it won't! x
  • Fingers crossed for you Hun! X
  • hi i'm pretty new to this, just began ttc a few days ago. and like impatient! its supposed to be relaxed but i'm like you guys i cant help planning an looking, an it doesnt help that my sister in laws pregnant, so buying stuff for her but secretly trying hard not to buy for myself!!! even tho i kno it could be a while.... i really hope its not
    x x
  • Hey Velvet Quilt! we did it! got my BFP today on CBD at 10dpo! it says pregnant 1-2!!! woohoo! so although you're a sept and i'm an oct, thanks for your advice to this post and you were totally right - it is possible! happy and healthy 9 months to you! x