Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Need advice for laparascopy for endometriosis

We've still not been successful in getting pregnant. It's been 10 months since our loss and I am beginning to lose hope. I've been having alot of crampy pains for the past 2 weeks and my dr has decided to rebook me for my laparascopy surgery Feb 17th. Has anyone had this and if so do you recommend it? I read that a woman is at higher risk for complications if they've had previous abdominal surgery, and I've had a c section and a d&c, so I am pretty worried about it. I do not know what to do but I am feeling lower than low at this point. I am so tired of people saying I shouldn't worry, Im only 22, I won't have a problem getting pregnant again, blah blah blah. I obviously DO have something wrong with me since my dh and I bd on a more than regular basis and Ive only been pregnant twice in the almost 5 years we've been together. Any advice would help ???????

Replies

• Hi hun

It's normal to feel so anxious. I have had 2 laps for endometriosis in the past both went well. Obviously if they have to do anywork then you may have a little scar tissue but it's not prevented me from conceiving & the docs wernt worried about me conceiving they thought I had just as much chance as anyone else.

They make 2 small incisions (sometimes a third) there so small I can barely see a scar now, one is for the camera to have a look at whats going on & one is if they need to do any work.

Afterwards you do feel a bit sore & some women complain of shoulder ache cause of the gas they use but they will give you pain medication after if you need it.

I was uncomfortable after for about a week-2 weeks as had some internal bruising so was uncomfortable walking around & I couldnt lift my young godson up so you'll need to take it easy afterwards for a bit.

If you have any more questions about it feel free to ask. xxxx
  • Hi hun
    Ive had 2 laps in the past month as well as 2 d&c's and a tube removal image the op is very straight forward and will be done with serious care, as with all surgeries there are risks of complications but if you aren't getting anywhere and you need answers then i think its a good idea to go ahead and do it.
    as the above post says, you will be tender for a while and may get gas pains (which disapate with gentle movement and regular pain killers.

good luck and i hope you get your answers

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • sorry just re read that lol should read 2 laps in a month followed by 2 dnc's and tube removal (between oct-nov) xxxx
  • Thank you ladies. I feel better about my decision now and I think I will go ahead with the surgery. Although we are trying the SMEP one last time before I have it and maybe then I won't need to have it done if the plan works. We did it 2 months ago but only used ov tests for 7 days, but this time we're trying it by using ov tests everyday for the entire month. If you ladies don't mind me asking, what were your symptoms of endo? I have just had an uncomfortable achiness in my uterus and pretty much my entire stomach and both my lower right and left sides. I figure the surgery can't really do harm if Im already having pain anyways. I'm praying that all goes well and we can get our bfp this year. Thank you again image
  • Hi there I have had 3 laps over the years but mine were for ovarian cysts not endometriosis. I always know I have a cyst becuase I would get those types of pains you have described. I have only needed to have one cyst drained at the lap the others have gone by themselves by time I had the lap. I'm not worried about scar tissue etc. because they haven't had to do anything major to me in the end. xx
  • Thank you babyluv. I actually have had a couple cysts before. I've had 2 burst and the pain was unbareable! I had an ultrasound to check for cysts about a month ago but she didn't find anything. She did say that I looked like I could have PCOS due to my ovaries looking cystic I guess. I'm hoping that it goes well and I guess it'll be good if they can remove any scarring I might have anyways. I'll stay posted about how it goes, and if SMEP goes well maybe I'll have good news next time image