Forum home General Chat General chat

Sorry to go on...

about Ambers diet, but things are just getting worse by the day and to be honest i'm struggling to cope without spending the day in tears!

Ambers been off food for 2 weeks on thursday but her tummy is bad yet again, she was only better for 2 days. She's hardly sleeping especially in the evenings and the sores that were so bad when she was newborn are reappearing on her bottom.

We had a letter yesterday from the hospital to say our appointment on 3rd january is postponed until February 7th!! Ambers consultant is not in until thursday but is booked to phone me and the hospital have said she can be seen on the ward if neccessary.

The hardest part is just not knowing what's wrong and now i keep thinking that i'm,imaginaing it all as people keep saying how well she seems, but they don't change her nappies or see her at night!

I really am sorry to go on but as usual, you girls are my sounding board!! Thanks! xxx

Replies

• You don't need to apologise to us Tasha, you are going through a difficult time. You must remember that as Amber's mum you know her better than anyone, and as wrong as it is you need to be persistant if that's what it takes to get her noticed by the system and seen.

Take care, Tasha.

Big Cyber hugs, Zoe xx
  • Don't apologise Tasha, it must be awfull for you, i can only imagine what you are going through!
    As Zoe has said you need to keep on and on at them to get noticed by the system.

We are all here for you and you can talk about it as much as you like.

Big hug from me and Jessica xx
  • Hi Tasha, never be sorry for chatting to us about this. I find this is probably the best place to let steam off!!

I really cant imagine what you are going through with Amber, and i really feel for you. I just wish there is something i could do to help. Ambers such a beautiful happy, happy baby.

I totally agree with the others about pestering them. Amber should be at the top of their list. You know Amber and know when somethings not right. Keep ringing!! Keep fighting to get answers.

I really hope that you'll be on here very soon, saying that you have some really good news for us and that you've got the answers you need and the help you need.

Take care of yourself, and give Amber a big hug from us.
    Cant wait to see you next week
    Kas xx
  • Hi Tasha,
    I know we were chatting about this earlier but I thought I would reply on here too!!!

No need to applogise, it's what we are here for!!

It really sounds like you and Amber are having a tough time at the minute. I really hope that the "professionals" get to the root of the problem and find you a solution! Its the least they can do!!

Hope to chat later!!
    Caroline
    xx
  • Hi Tasha,

I really hope things get better for you and Amber soon, it must be really hard, push to get her seen on the ward if things don't improve, you should'nt have to wait until her appt

Hope it improves for you all
    takecare
    Love jd_mummy xx
  • Hi Tasha

I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time, it's awful that you and Amber aren't getting the help that you need. Keep pushing and keep nagging, you know that little girl better than anyone and although she seems happy and healthy there's obviously a huge problem which needs to be sorted now, not in Feb.

Take care of yourself
    love Dawn and Cameron xxx
  • Oh Tasha, I do feel for you. As the others have said, just keep on making a fuss, it can be the only thing that works. If you have to, take her to A&E, or do as they suggest and take her to the ward. Sometimes, however uncomfortable it makes you feel, you have to make a fuss to be heard.
  • Tasha, dont know what to say.
    Talk about it as much as you need to on here. Its what we come on here for, to let off steam and listen to eachother.
    Take care. Thinking of you allxxxx
  • Hi tasha

im with the girls,keep pestering and ringing,go abck to your G.P. and get them to ring asewll,you know your own daughter and that its no right.

Take care