Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Fed up...

CD1 for me today so on to month 7 ttc for a second time... sorry but just feeling SO fed up, its hard work with everyone around be getting pg... feel so crap. argh. does anyone else on here have an oh/dh that smokes???? xxx

Replies

• That is such an arse Rocky. Why does ttc have to be such a bloody nightmare?
    I totally get why you are so fed up.

My hubby doesn't smoke so can't help on that front. My hubby does have an awful diet with no nutrients. I had a real go at him and said that I wasn't drinking, cut down caffine, taking vitamins and eating healthy so the least he could do was drink some water, take some vitamins and eat some seeds! After the ectopic I think it hit him he could have done more.

He's still not as good as good be but does make more effort than he did x x
  • Oh Hun, sorry the witch got you, no-one ever told us how hard TTC is did they? Sending you lots of hugs and a gooey choccy pud your way to help cheer you up

xxx
  • It just bleeped me!!! I'm going to see if does again! arse! x x
  • I feel like i'm on google china with this censorship!x x
  • ha ha MP LOVE it!!! i nag him about drinking more and we only have de caf tea at home, he's not big on water but am getting him to drink squash the only thing about smoking is it dehydrates you so he needs to drink extra, oh and i drug hubby... with vitamins! ha ha, he didn't know at the start but does now, can only get away with in certain foods but i crush up to a powder and mix it in, he can hardly ever tell! and i make banana bread and put a packet of mixed seeds in and sugar free chocolate brownies with nuts in!!!! yummy!

Thanks Rainbow hunny, havent got any choc in (hubby eats it all!) so one would be great right now!!!! xxx
  • ha ha MP LOVE it!!! i nag him about drinking more and we only have de caf tea at home, he's not big on water but am getting him to drink squash the only thing about smoking is it dehydrates you so he needs to drink extra, oh and i drug hubby... with vitamins! ha ha, he didn't know at the start but does now, can only get away with in certain foods but i crush up to a powder and mix it in, he can hardly ever tell! and i make banana bread and put a packet of mixed seeds in and sugar free chocolate brownies with nuts in!!!! yummy!

Thanks Rainbow hunny, havent got any choc in (hubby eats it all!) so one would be great right now!!!! xxx
  • awwww hugs rocky. It's just not fair is it? I know two people who are just weeks behind where I would have been so that and people getting pregnant after only trying for a month are a real slap in the face! I know they don't mean it but still....

I'm very impressed you get vitamins and healthy eating going on. I don't stand a hope and get shouted at when I try and 'hide' vegetables in things!! BOYS! x
  • aww hun, sorry you are feeling fed up, me too!

Hugs for you my flower xxxxxxx
  • I LOVE the spiking idea-genius! Seeds are v good for sperm. I put tonnes in our bread but I love the idea of crushing the vitamins up! Perhaps put a bit of omega 3 in his spag bol to get the smart sperm! x x x
  • Sorry hun, I read on the webchat that it was CD1. What a cow didnt she get the bloody message this time!!

Im sending you some PMA & well soon get started on mission lurve bug ok well get you dh in tip top condition drug him with vitamins & get some top swimmers were they need to be.

THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST 2WW!!!

Hugs xxx
  • Rocky, sorry to hear that news, its not fair, is it?

Love that you're drugging your hubby, its given me a few ideas!! xx
  • ha ha morning all! thats prob not the bext bit of advice i could've given you all! lol, but i did it with small zinc tablets with a tablet crusher which grinds it down well small and he never knew till i told him, felt i ahd to at some point!!!! also make sure he drinks a glass of OJ a day to replenish the vit C that he looses with smoking. He's not to bad with veg, the other thing to try is smoothie, the innocent ones are pure fruit and a 250ml glass gives you 2 portions! they taste great and are usually on offer in tesco! well back on the phone to GP today to sort this thrush out for once and for all and think shes going to run some bloods to check my hormones cus of a couple of other issues... i feel like an experiment! lol

ooohhh did have another break through alst night and hubby has agreed to only smoke a pipe when he's at home so a lot less nicotine will be going into him! yay! xxx
  • hi Rocky,

sorry AF got you - shes such a biaaatttcchh isnt she!!!

hopefully we'll all have February love bugs instead!!!!

even though we're not officially ttc yet - since new year my hubbie is now on a drinking ban (well apart from last wed as it was his bday and he literally poured 6 pints down is neck in the hour we were at the curry house!) - ive also got him some multivitamins and zinc tablets. but he forgets to take them so every morning i feel like his mom sticking tablets in his mouth !!!

I also have to "hide" veg in his food. Gosh it sounds like I am describing a 10 year old not a 34 year old!

he did smoke about 20 a day (gave up when i was pregnant last time - but started again)

he's now cut down to about 5 day and doesnt smoke in the house or near me. When we are ready to TTC again he is going to give up again - in fact he's gradually reducing what he smokes now, so hopefully sooner than that.

we'll have to stock up on the innocent bottles - I have one every morning at work - they are so tasty!!!!

good news on the pipe - has he tried the inhaler thing? that really helped my hubbie last time.

hope your blood tests go okay

x x x
  • Hi PB! he's started smoking ouitside again now its a bit warmer and the snow has gone as well! we buy the 2 litre bottles cus they're better value! The only thing is he smokes something else other than tobacco every now and again so that is what the pipe is for in the hope he can get the nicotine addiction right down and then start to cut that out too!!! xxx
  • Hi hun

Might have to try the innocent smooties we get fresh oj & pineapple juice & oh is very good with fruit & eats the veg that I serve up every night!!

Think I may get him on the wellman vits too as they have zinc & all the other bits that he & his swimmers need.

xx
  • Awww sorry to hear she got you Rocky.
    I was convinced we'd done it last month so know how crap you must feel.

Neither me or my hubby smoke so can't help there but the pipe sounds like a good idea.

Loving the naughty words MP! xx
  • Luckily my husband is not drinking or smoking, but he is not eating veg or fruit. He can't stand the texture of it. he will drink the occasional oj and he will have the occasional veg in his meals when I hide it in there, but other than that he is not eating very well. He only eats lunch on most days (he works in pizza place, so basicly pizza every day), always skips breakfast and only eats diner when he is home in time to eat with us. He will easily drink 2 liters of coke a day, a coffee a day he drinks as well.

I have put him on multivitamins now, seeing that he needs to do something as well. I am not gonna deprive him of his coke though, he has one bottle a week. I am trying to get him to eat veg, but kinda giving up.

When pregnant with Michael I had a major go at him for not being able to drink on my hen night, basicly sitting at home with some friends. He was going out, came home absolutely wasted and was hugging the bathroom the next day. (I needed it as well with morning sickness) Neither of us are big drinkers, but I was complaining that I had no choice about it, whilst he had. That my life changed so drasticly, but his state the same. So he told me he would cut out alcohol completely till MIchael was born and he did. I told him next pregnancy he would have to do the same.

Can you do something like that for the smoking?
  • Laujai i started him on the men conception ones by sanatogen and still give him one of these if we have a bad day of not eating and drinking good enough and zinc on the days we are good, i don't want him to have too much of everything cus i've read thats also bad!

A+R i convinced myself too the first cycle and said i would NOT do it again, but i fellh ook line and sinker this one image

Breighlin i feel for you on that one, hubby's fairly reasonable but the smoking is a big thing for him so just getting him to do that is a major thing!!! he hardly drinks as well atm so i think i'm doing pretty well! though i think i'd prefer the alcohol... hhmmmm.

Spoke to my nice GP today and i'm getting more anti b's to take but they are diff and are ones to be given if the body doesn;t take or react to the ones i have now taken twice! so fingers crossed, after that they will then check my hormone levels, bit pants i'll ahve to wait a bit longer though! xx
  • Hey hon

Awww, sorry you've been down. I have been a bit fed up too this week (I could PMT for England this week!). TTC is a hard hard road. They don't tell you that in school do they? Oh no, it's all "boys will impregnate you just by looking at you".

If it helps, I have this running battle with my hubby, trying to get him to take vits. He has the man version of Pregnacare and EVERY EVENING makes a big song and dance about how difficult they are to swallow. Baby. And here I am, not had a drink for six odd months, cut right down on caffeine (sob), and peeing on a stick 10 days out of every 30.

Men are rubbish.
  • M&S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! how are you hunny? seriously crush em up and stick em in his food! They'll never know!!!! xxx