Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Exercise when ttc and in 2ww

I'm in my first 2ww...not getting too hopeful but I guess you just never know. Anyway, I try and go to the gym at least three times a week, more if I can, especially as I've put on quite a bit of weight since my wedding last summer. Since ttc I've stopped using the power plate but carried on running, using the cross trainer and the bike. I just wondered what other people's thoughts are on doing the same level of exercise when you're ttc, especially in the 2ww. My friend wants me to do a spinning class with her in the morning and I was thinking this should be ok - but I don't want to do anything that might stop a potential bean from being sticky if you know what I mean?! :\? Any thoughts?? xx

Replies

• I'm pretty sure that you are ok if you have previously done that amount of exercise, but if you are increasing the level then you shouldn't do that.

It's annoying as I wanted to start running again once it warms up a bit and start yoga, but too scared to now just incase I get my BFP!
  • I cycle to work everyday which is a 13 mile round trip, swim once a week and play badminton. I think as long as you exercise normally you will be fine. They actually recommend exercising when you are TTC!

xxx
  • Thank you for the replies! I did go to spinning this morning...and feel much better for it! xx