Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2016

Replies

• keep getting hot flushes and a lot more irritated at work!! How are you xx

• I'm feeling good today, though my boobs are much sorer today than yesterday. I have big boobs so it feels like bowling balls are hanging from my chest! 

X

• Has anyone else been getting cramps and back ache? It's been on and off for a week and I can't stop bloody worrying about it image xx

• Like mild period pains? I've been getting those on and off. I've heard back ache is normal but I haven't had it.

My midwife says that unless the pain is so bad I'd go to hospital even if I was pregnant, then I don't need to worry. I'm trying to concentrate on that but it's so hard not to worry. Especially now as I have no pains or cramps at all and I'm worried because I feel so normal! x

• I just had a meltdown outside! My stomach started cramping at my desk and it was the worst one I've had so I burst into tears and went outside. I called nhs direct who went through a load of questions and I answered no to most of them so I was advised to call the doctor. Waiting for a call back. It's subsided now but I absolutely hate the worry!! My friend said she had pains when the implantation was occurring. I just want a scan and for someone to say everything is okay. I got myself so upset- I'm going to go home for the rest of the day image xx

• Hopefully they'll give you an early scan but try not to worry. How bad was the pain? Let us know what they say! xxx

• Like you said. .. If I wasn't pregnant it wouldnt be enough to call the doctor about any other time. The nhs direct guy didn't seem too concerned and the midwife said if I feel somethings really wrong then go to a&e and see the triage. I'm okay at the moment just really scared about it all xx

• I'd be scared too so I don't blame you ringing for reassurance. 

How are you feeling now? Take it easy for the rest of the day. xx

• Saraweez13. Its because they count the two weeks before you conceive as being pregnant. Week 1-2 is your womb getting ready and preparing for the baby.

• Hi hope you don't mind me jumping in, been a week since i found out i was pregnant FTM very lucky got pregnant on 2nd cycle ttc. roughly due 11th april. Everything is perfectly fine with me apart from usual pregnancy symptoms, but i am starting to worry incase i lose the baby (is this normal) i am started to get really attached and cant stop thinking about the next few months and when the baby arrives. i am trying my best and stay relaxed and stop worrying as everything up to now is fine. 

• Just found out 2 days ago I'm pregnant. If I go by my last period date in 4 weeks and 2 days but cb test says 1-2. I rang my surgery and I don't have an appointment with the midwife until the 9th September and I'm supposed to fly to turkey on the 10th but they said they couldn't get me in earlier than that! This is my first baby and have been trying for quite a while so I'm so paranoid something is wrong :/ anyone else travelling abroad? X

• Um, thanks Firestorm, I'm aware how things work though...

Rach, I feel exactly the same. I'm so scared something is going to go wrong. I've been Googling all sorts, like how likely a miscarriage is, when the risk decreases, how likely it is for a first pregnancy etc. But then I realised that no matter how likely or unlikely it may be, if it's going to happen it's going to happen. So I'm trying to relax and enjoy this time.

I've paid for an early scan though, as extra reassurance. 

• Ooo good not just me worried and been researching. I have said to myself all i can do is try and eat right take my vitamins thats all i can do. Im 23 fit and healthy so there shouldn't be a problem, so far everything indicates everything is fine.

got my first midwife appointment 27th august so very excited for that!! 

• Welcome Firestorm, rach21 and smith86 - lovely to see you here and congratulations!

• Saraweez I felt better this afternoon... think I just worked myself up this morning. It was awful! Haven't heard back from the doctor yet. How do you pay for an early scan? I want one!! Lol. 

Rach welcome to your new world of worry!! You're not alone! Lol. I think I've pissed my midwife off with questions before I've even met her image 

Boobs are killing! Like you Saraweez, I wasn't at the back of the queue when they were giving out Boobs!  Lol. I have to kinda of let them down gently when I take my bra off! 

Thank god its Friday! !!! Xx

• Google early reassurance scan and where you live. It's costing £80 but it's worth it I think. 

At least you have your midwife's number, I was told to just ring the reception if there's a problem! Dos yours say the cramps are normal? 

Have you seen how ugly maternity bras in a bigger size are? I'm not looking forward to switching to them. Ha! 

Thank god it's the end of a stressful week. Only 34 more to go... x

• I did just find a Web page that made me feel loads better.... everyone on there had said that it's normal and it's your utereus stretching. I'm going to TRY not to fret like I did earlier.  

How early can you have your scan? Is yours booked? £80 is nothing for peace of mind! I'll have a look at it. 

Haven't checked out the bad boy boob busters yet ...  are they hideous? I'm a 34G now so I dread to think what they are going to go up to! :/

I told myself I was going to eat better today.... didn't do a very good job! Lol

Xx

• Mine is booked for the 22nd. I'll be exactly 8 weeks then. The company I'm using says from 6 weeks but I was worried that would be too early and nothing would show! 

I've probably read the same website. I've read so much lately! And I find myself reading the same websites over and over. 

There is one pretty pink one on Bravissimo. They were all hideous on Debebeams. I haven't looked anywhere else yet. I'm a 36FF so not a massive difference. 

I really didn't want my lunch so I shared my co workers. No way would she had offered if I wasn't pregnant! Ha ha. X

• I just had a look at that earky dating scan and there's nothing near me image ill keep searching in case there's another site. 

Haha wouldn't your friend normally share?  My work friend took her hot water bottle away from me yesterday even though she knew I was in pain... she said she was a bit cold!! Pfffft.... she won't be godmother!! X

• Hi, can i join in?

baby number 3 for me, found out exactly a week ago after 14 months of trying image)

no real symptoms yet except backache on a morning and occasional nausea.

i am 5 weeks, seeing my midwife on the 19th August...can't wait to do it all again image)

hope everyones getting on okay? X