Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Aw rabiaandriz, I know how you feel! I'm dreading having a scan- I am paranoid they wont find a heartbeat either! OH doesn't want to go private because realistically there's been nothing happen to suggest anything wrong has happened (hate when he's right lol) but that doesn't stop us from worrying!

I personally think that 12 weeks is too long to wait for women to have their first scan. That's 3 whole months- enough time to get excited (I can't help myself!) and then totally devastated at the 12 week scan if something had happened. I don't know, obviously there are costs, etc. involved and the NHS probably couldn't cope and women could pay for private scans but some of them are quite pricey! Maybe the NHS could charge a smaller fee? I don't know... *sigh*

What do you guys think? Am I being ridiculous thinking 12 weeks is too long to wait? lol

• no i totally agree, 12 weeks is too long to wait, i have had 2 early scans due to history but now because they were early im just worrying what has happened in the meantime, doesnt help that i cant stop myself from reading the negative stories on babycentre, fb and the like,which coupled with my experience and the 9 years it has taken me to concieve again naturally (and that was a mmc rather cruelly in my eyes) this 1 was concieved 2 mths later, has sent me more than a little doolally haha x

• Omg u sound like me it's the negative stuff I've been reading that just doesn't help the anxiety.. Been stopping my self from reading anything negative this last week still hasn't helped the worry though like you I also had a mmc which is worse I think as you believe all is ok :( that has definitely made me 10time's more crazier th time.. literally praying all is ok next week!! Same to you rabiaandriz.. :) x

• Eventually for my date for the 12 week scan. 20th October. Seem like ages away. Cx

• It will fly round Charlotte my date arrived on the 3rd september and my scan date is 29th and it seems like forever away but the weeks have gone quite quick, these last few days are dragging a bit though monday and tuesday morning will seem like years lol. x

• I hope so my weeks are flying in anyway. this week has felt slower than the rest so hope they don't start to drag. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. Cx

• For me it dragged until i was 6 weeks and then the morning sickness kicked in and since then its flown i think mainly due to not enjoying this sicky part of pregnancy lol, today ive had a good day really only a little bit sick and then been ok so really think morning sickness is easing now. By my dates im 12 weeks Monday but Tuesday will give me my proper date.

Im sure it will fly only 5 more days of september then we are in october always feels closer when your in the month something is happening. x 

• Hi ladies I don't no if any if you remember me from last month I had a chemical pregnanot :( 

hope you are all getting on ok I wanted to share my good news Iam pregnant!!! Due the 28th of May after last months this is the best news ever!!!!!!!! Xx

• That is fantastic Chamilto! Huge congratulations! Xx

• Congratulations Chamilto

that is wonderful news :)

• congrats chamilto..there was someone on a babycentre group that had same thing happen and they are due now in june..amazing isnt it!! xx

• Thankyou ladies we are chuffed to bits!! It is amazing they do say your more fertile the month after :) we didn't even do the deed much lol keep worrying that I'm further gone abd just had a period in between lol xx

• Chamilto! That's fantastic news! Massive congratulations xxxx 

• Finally got my scan date through! 7th October! Probably going to have to go by myself though which im pretty bummed about :( 

• Can you take a friend stubbornbrit? My Mum & Sister were most put out that my hubby came with me & they couldn't. I was particularly nervous & it was good to have someone with me to reassure me whilst waiting to go in. 

• Aww wow Chamilto thats amazing news congraulations.

How is everyone today?

Im soo happy first day for 6 weeks and ive not been sick!! feel bit nauseous but thats it, looks like the end of first trimester is close! Scan date tomorrow sooo excited but soo anxious hope baby is happy and healthy! x 

• hey, it's a time issue really.. They've booked it for 2 and are always (in my experience) running at least an hour late. I need someone home to pick my boy up from school and from the letter they seemingly don't like young children going into the scan with you so i would need someone to also look after my 15 month old. 

My mum will probably be working, my nan lives an hour away and I guess I just feel guilty getting them to take time off/travel a fair distance and not get to come in with me. Also not so sure if my nan could cope with both the boys lol 

OH is adamant I'm not going alone and he'd like to come to first scan then he doesn't mind sharing others with my mum. Guess I'll just have to see what happens :/ surely if I was by myself they'd just have to deal with it if I brought my 15 month old with me? 

Hope you all had a good weekend X 

• Yay thats great rach! Fingers crossed everything goes well at the scan tomorrow! It will be wonderful being able to see little one! :) x

• Stubbornbrit sounds hectic im sure they won't mind your 15 month old with you plus theres nothing they can do if you brought them with you. 

Thanks this is my first so very excited i know im going to cry i start filling up just thinking about seeing my baby for the first time. x

• Aww it's incredible the first time you see them! Nerve wracking but once its happening its just amazing!

I cant wait for mine lol if they get funny with me I'll just burst into tears lol I'm sure they'll leave me alone then :p x