Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hello everyone!! 

I haven't posted on here for weeks!! I'm now 14+1 due date 3rd April.... here's my little munchkin image

• Options

congrats and lovely pic!! xx

• Options

Hiya I'm new to this but I'm 14 weeks and 1day and due 3rd April image

stI'll having terrible sickness which last all day and doesn't seem to be easing up image have tried most things,any other recommendations welcome 

• Options

Aww dorI lovely picture.

Hi farb and welcome I am in the exact same boat as you 14 weeks today and still being sick crisps are the only thing that make me feel better, I did read some women can keep being sick until between 16 and 20 weeks so bad news could keep going for a bit good news it will stop!! X

• Options

Hi dori27, lovely to see your name pop up especially with that fabulous scan piccy!

And welcome to Farb! Hopefully that sickness will ease up when you hit that second trimester. Great to have you here.

• Options

Scan today! So relieved! Good strong heartbeat, very wriggly and dates were spot on! Next scan 4th December can't wait! :D 

• Options

lovely pic!!xx

• Options

Hi everyone, sorry for barging in. We wondered if you'd care to share the best bit of pregnancy advice you've had, or could pass along? It's on this thread here if you fancy telling all.

• Options

Great picture stubbornbrit your next scan is 2 days before mine. x

• Options

Hey ladies sorry I ain't been on had my 12 Week scan and was put high risk for Down's 1 In 25.. I'm only 26 already got two kids never had a high risk before.. So was distraught had a blood test to test the baby's DNA came back today all clear low risk for all chromosome Problems thank god!!!! 13 weeks on Saturday feel so relieved hope your all doing ok :)

• Options

Hi teetee, what a worrying time for you. Pleased all is well. Hope everyone is okay. Is anyone else struggling with sleep? I seem to wake up so many times in the night and sleep really light. So tired on a morning. On the plus side I've got my 12 week scan today xx

• Options

glad alls ok teetee xx yep nalc im really struggling with sleep too, can usually get to sleep ok but its staying asleep thats the issue so im constantly exhausted!! xx

• Options

Rabiaandriz that's exactly my problem! Xx

• Options

maybe its a normal symptom then for this stage, though i dont remember it with my daughter lol boohoo xx

• Options

Aw teetee I was given 1:19 with my last and at the time was only 23 - I swear there's nothing that prepares you for it! So glad that everything came back clear, though! Now hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

good luck with your scan today nalc! Wish i could have mine again lol 

im also having issues sleeping I feel like I'm constantly trying to get comfy and it doesn't help that my 16 month old keeps waking up early lol 

Told my 6yo that he's going to be a big brother again and he had such a lovely reaction and kept hugging my tummy lol he said hed like a little sister because he already has a brother, bless him. He also asked how I would cope with three boys and daddy :/ not well son, not well. Lol love him! X

• Options

Thank you ladies finally told my daughters yesterday they are both so excited one wants a boy one wants a girl lol.. It's horrible stubbornbrit so unexpected.. Did u have tests to  rule out chromosomal problems then? Apparently the blood test I had at st George's London is the only Nhs doing it atm it's around £500 privately I would of paid it though put my mind at ease.. Good luck with your scan today nalc12 :) xx

• Options

Ah is that the harmony test? I've read about that and was hoping to have it if the results for this one arent good.

I had a cvs last time and it hurt like hell because there was a trainee and she ballsed up although thankfully didn't get anywhere near the baby. Was worth doing it though as then we knew either way.. X 

• Options

Yeh its the harmony test just called something different at this hospital the "safe" test. Did you have extra scans to monitor the placenta? As that's what I've been reading online & freaking out a little.. I know some people can have crazy  hormones & everythings just fine but Google can scare u in the mean time xx

• Options

No once the results came back clear they offered to do a scan to check for heart defects but I declined as they would be able to detect it at the 20 week scan anyway, they didn't say anything about the placenta.

I ended up getting a few extra scans anyway though as I had high bp and baby was growing really slowly. google is my worst enemy but I can't help myself haha xx 

• Options

Yes Google is terrible!! I need to try stay away from it because there is no actual facts other than tons of chat rooms full of mums no medial professionals lol! Some had aspirin to keep the placenta functioning properly loads had noth & no one was concerned my scan was fine it was just the low Papp-a that raised my risk & can be an indictor of Down's.. I'm going to ask my gp to be sure anyway lol xx