Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2017 - Part 4

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in April 2017 Part 3 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• We also thought it might be handy to have this list at the start of the thread too (if you're missing from the list, please do let me know and we can pop you in)

Hayleyxlm – 2 April 2017 – Girl???
    Terri1989 – 2 April 2017 - Boy
    LYC123 – 2 April 2017 – Boy
    Jojo1982 – 5 April 2017 - Surprise
    Campbello – 6 April 2017 – Surprise
    Pzapi – 8 April 2017 – Girl
    Jackobell – 11 April 2017 - Boy
    Sazzythatsme – 13 April 2017 – Girl
    ScarlettMummy – 15 April 2017 – Girl
    Charlamine – 17 April 2017 – Girl
    MrsB2010 – 17 April 2017 – Surprise
    Talulah – 18 April 2017 - Girl
    Jen2016 – 19 April 2017 - Boy
    RainbowClouds – 19 April 2017 – Surprise
    Sophsandeva – 20 April 2017 - Girl
    KateT84 – 21 April 2017 – Surprise
    KB217 – 21 April 2017 - Surprise
    StephW12 – 21 April 2017 - Surprise
    Mummabubba – 24 April 2017 – Boy
    Emma92 – 25 April 2017 – Boy
    MrsD85 – 25 April 2017 - Girl

• Ooooo, thanks for copying the list across DanielleMFM! At least now its in one place, and easy to find :-) 

• I love all of the outfits! 😍 

My group b testing kit came today didn't realise you had to do both holes 😳

Also Hopes blanket came as well 😍 Seems so much more real! The photo doesn't do it any justice ximage

• MrsD - did you get this from Cuddle Company?! If s0 - we have one as well ha ha!!! They're soooooo soft! 

• Yes I did I got my niece one when she was born as well they are so lovely! They have new taggies at the moment but husband said no more spending as we are in the middle of decorating and money needs to be tight as he is self employed and wont get paid for time off when Hope is here x

• I hope the decorating is going well - even thinking about decorating at the moment makes me feel tired, so I really do admire you! 

Hubby has told me to stop buying things - but its so difficult when the clothes are so small and cute! We have a wardrobe full of clothes, a chest of drawers full of sleepsuits and vests, and a cupboard full of nappies, wipes, formula milk, baby toiletries... you name it, we have too much of it! I wont need to leave the house for weeks after baby is born ha ha! 

• Mrs D my strep test came back positive, I was a bit upset at first but would rather know about it than not. I've had it before so my consultant did my swab. did you buy yours?

i think it's madness not everyone gets tested!

• Decorating is going ok we've had a few hiccups but we are getting there hopefully another 10 days! We have everything ready for baby just not in her room everything is in my room! Can't wait until it's all in place and I can relax x

oh no rainbow did you pay yourself or nhs? I bet your so glad you got tested so you know you can get the right treatment and baby doesn't get poorly. X

• Sorry rainbow misread your comment! Im paying for mine it's £35 I don't mind paying it as long as I know baby is ok. It's a shame not everyone is tested in America all women are tested! X

• We are still decorating. Did about 5 minutes earlier and was so knackered I had to sit down! Luckily hubby has an easy week at work next week so can do lots, as long as baby hasn't come by then!

I'm kind of hoping it does as like quite a few of you, the sickness has really come back recently and I feel pretty bad. I'm past 37 weeks so baby should be cooked nicely already so long as I still have a couple more days to finish some work off I'll be happy

• Mrs D and rainbow I don't know about this strep test, should I buy one?

Thanks for the new thread DanielleMFM, and for the list at the start. What a good idea 😊

My due date is a month today, 5 more shifts to get through at work. Soooo excited!!

I love all the pics of going home outfits, and Mrs D that blanket is so cute 💕

I haven't bought many clothes, just enough for a few days with not knowing the gender. Have a load of 2nd hand bits and bobs from a friend. But I ordered a vest from Amazon that says 'mamas bestie' yesterday as I saw a friend had it on her baby and loved it.

Hope you all have a good day, and those of you at work today I hope it goes quick! Emma am I right thinking this is your last shift? If it is well done on getting through!! Youll be free of work so soon! xxx

• Mine was nhs because I'd had it before so they only test you if you've had it before as you're likely to have it again. But yes like you say I'm so pleased I knew I had it before as they don't seem to even make you aware of Strep otherwise and I'm sure most people would be more than willing to pay to have this checked out

Mrs B, strep B is a bacteria imbalance infection, I think 1 in 4 women carry it so can be quite common. It's not a transmittible infection more like an imbalance in your flora if you like. It poses no risk to you but the baby can contract it upon delivery and can cause some complications although some babies are born absolutely infection free. If I hadn't been offered the swab I would definitely pay for the test just for peace of mind

if you're results are positive you just have to have an IV of antibiotics through labour to stop baby catching any infections.

• Sorry for TMI... anyone know much about over regular bowl movements being a sign that labour is close? I've spent most of my pregnancy constipated and not so regular but the last couple of days I can't seem to stop going. I haven't eaten anything more than usual and they're all normal if that makes sense 🙈

I had a Google and a lot of people say it's your body's way of cleansing before labour. I've still got over a week left at work yet!!

• Hi Rainbow! 

I've had a similar thing, I've become a lot more regular lately, but my midwife explained that baby is bigger now it puts more pressure on the bowels which causes these issues. Imagine it a bit like a tube of toothpaste - when you start squishing it in the middle the contents have to go somewhere (I'm so sorry - that seems like a very grim analogy ha ha!!) 

• Haha no that sums it up perfectly! your midwife is probably right. Probably just another of the old wives tales about your body cleansing beforehand!

• Mrs b it's up to you you can order it online you won't have to pay until you send off the samples. It says you should do it between 35 and 37 weeks so I'm going to do mine next week. I never heard of it until a friend mentioned it to me. I'm a bit anixious  this pregnancy because of the trouble I had early on. X 

Rainbow ive been finding it easier to go lately and I've been going 3/4 times a day! Which is very odd for me? even though this is my 3rd baby Im still unsure with signs and symptoms etc lol x 

hope everyone is doing well today 39 days until my due date! x

• My maternity leave has started 👌

• Woohoo congrats Emma!! xxx

• Oooo a new thread! Hello everyone! That's me booked into the chinese clinic for moxibustion on Monday and Thursday morning to try and naturally turn my oblique breech bubba! We shall see at my 37 week scan! hope you are all keeping well? I was signed off Wednesday as my pelvis has given up on me and I'm in and out of hospital for scans, monitoring and physio. I only had a week left to work anyway so I'm not worried about having to give up a little earlier than planned xx

• 2 weeks to go for me!!! she isn't showing any signs of coming anytime soon 😪😪 totally fed up but I'm sure it will all be worth it when she is here! got the midwife tomorrow so I'll see what she says about getting induced etc. how is everyone else?? xx