Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Sorry wrong one....haha! I was comparing my middle son's scan with the new baby and they are very similar 💙❤image

• Options

Ooooh do you have one of those foetal Doppler  machines? I don't think I would ever stop listening if i had one, and would prob scare myself if I couldn't find the heart! Is the heartbeat easy to find?

• Options

Yes I do 🙈 naughty really as they do say not to get one as it can be hard to find but I found it at 10weeks. It was a little tricky at first as it was kind of beneath my pubis bone but now I have no trouble finding it x

• Options

I've asked my husband and he said we cant get one haha. I am glad he said no though, it would be a bad idea!! 

• Options

Roll. 

On. 

Thursday. 

cant wait to find out what my twinlets are x 

• Options

I know it was all a way off yet but what pushchairs and travel systems have people been looking at? I was looking at the mothercare travel system today as it is similar to the cosatto one but is a fraction of the price, but the car seat doesn't have an isofix base available which is really what we wanted, so seems slightly redundant to buy the mothercare travel system when we would want to buy another car seat and base. I'm a first time mum and feel like my head is going to explode. I have no idea what brands are any good! 

• Options

I think we are going for the mamas and papas ocarro one because I like the fact the pushchair seat can be used from birth as well as the carry cot and to me it will be more comfortable for a baby of any age to have a lie flat seat if they fall asleep. Most seats are buckets seats so although they recline the bucket seat part is still in position so the sets is not flat even when back if that makes sense. It's quite expensive though. If you join bounty and Emma's diary every week or so they do offers with retailers and do some really good packages on prams etc. Also mamas and papas price match online prices and price match a place called previous little ones which does some really good packages. Babies r us also price match. I don't know if they will price match previous little ones but there's no reason why not.

• Options

I think the best thing to do is go and push them. That's what we've been doing. Also ask the shop assistants to do demonstrations of how they work and fold etc. Bear in mind the size of your house And car boot when buying too. 

• Options

I would like one that is a carry cot and changes to a bucket seat when they get older. I have a fiesta and the boot is quite a good size, but I really don't know where in the house I'm going to put  pushchair....I feel very frustrated haha I really hate our house but we private rent and do have a very good deal, plus we have dogs so virtually impossible to find somewhere else. 

• Options

Ah right ok. We're looking at separately carry cot ones. I'd definitely look at precious little ones then because they do cosatto ones and might have a good deal and you could see if babies r us will price match and then you can get the isofix base too. Or online4baby x

• Options

My husband impulsive brought the Mothercare Xpedior at the beginning of the year for our first angel and we are just sticking with that one. It comes with all we need and he only paid £175 at the time. Xx

• Options

imageIntroducing my little bean, all looks good and is measuring exactly what we thought, 12 weeks today so due 29th April.  Feel like I can relax a bit more now 😊

• Options

Aww congrats becky240 finally piece of mind for you. Lovely pic x

• Options

That’s fab news Becky, what a lovely picture  xx

We are super limited with twins, either bugaboo donkey or mountain duet - I am probably going to try and pick up a decent second hand donkey if I can on eBay, still comes in at £6-800 without car seats 😔 new is around £1900 with car seats - shocking price!! 

I do need to measure my doorways To make sure it will fit in the house lol 

• Options

Thank you ladies x

We have a Gracco evo avant for my son got it on offer from mothercare 2 years ago. It came with pram frame, car seat, carrycot, pram seat, isofix base and adapters to put car seat on the frame is think it was around £450. Online4baby have some good deals so will see if we need a double or not.

• Options

Hi ladies, lovely to see everyone scans and also to hear how everyone is getting on. 

Have any of you ever been to a baby show? Made for mum's do one at the excell and they have a buggy test track which is perfect if you are not sure what you need. 

I personally brought the full stokke explory for my first it is about 1500 and I don't regret it, I have since had a musty igo pure which I also highly reccomend it's one of the lightest and easily foldable on the market. It's all about what works for you and practicality. 

My little boy is a wild one and on outings I am going to need a twin or tandums for them both especially for the nursery run. I'm looking at the egg at the moment. My mutsy which is a fairly new brand have released a random for 2018 so I am also going to look into if I can get any adaptations for what I already have as my son is in the seat at the moment but I do have the unused carry cot as it was part of the package so that would be so perfect if there was something I could add to it. I would be tempted by an egg or cybex for the one baby trips. 

Bottom line is there is such an amazing range of things available for all budgets they are all equally nice and let's face it do the same thing!, my son was sitting up from 4m so I found my carrycot didn't get much use out of it but most come as a set these days so no loss. 

My scan is Tuesday still suffering with bad headaches and paranoid about more weight loss even though I have not been physically sick for about a week now, I know I will make up for lost time x 

• Options

Best piece of advice I got last time was if you have steps to your house you need big back wheels to get up and down easier. And measure the width of your front door some frames won't fit, my sister in law has an uppa baby and it only just gets in our house. 

• Options

I want the bugaboo donkey twin for the twinlets.  

i had a fall today on the beach over a huge rock. Then a few hours later I went to the toilet and there was a lot of blood down the toilet but I'm not sure which end it came from as I do have piles (TMI sorry) so I'm going to ring the Early Pregnancy Unit tomorrow I think just in case xx 

• Options

I hope all is ok. Are you in pain at all, maybe put a pad on just to monitor it or have you been to the toilet recently and nothing? 

• Options

I hope you're ok too. Definitely go and get checked out. I'm sure everything is fine but just for your own peace of mind. Let us know how you get on xx