Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Welcome Swilk. Glad to hear all is well!

Ah this is so exciting. I'm pretty sure my little one is going she be as late as she is allowed. I'm very impatient so can see it being that way. Guess she will just be here when she is ready lol. Ive had the week off and got stuff done around my house dramas. Had all my large items delivered so my pram and car seats, Cot and nursery furniture arrived and my sister came to help hubs build them. Got hubs to paint aswell so nursery is almost ready. Everytime I walk by the room I keep thinking about how my baby will be in there soon!

29+1 and crazy tired, back to work today for the final slog. 

X

• Options

Glad we'll have a thread for when babies are here. I'd love to see photos of all your nurseries when they are done 💗💙💛

• Options

A bit early Danielle but after having my 1st at 34 weeks nothing surprises me anymore.

Very organised NJR, don't need to do the nursery as he'll be sharing with his brother but waiting for hubby's week off so I can have my living room done. Doing a trip to toys r us/babies R us tomorrow as our local one is closing down so going to see if we can pick up any bargains. 

Hoapital bags nearly done just some more bits to pick up and clothes for me to pack. 

• Options

Becky240, do your midwives suspect this baby will come early too? 

xLisllx - we love looking at the nurseries too - if you fancy starting a thread for Due in April 2018 Nurseries, go for it, we could see them all together! 

• Options

Hi everyone! Have you had any problems posting on the forum from your mobile? Please tell us on THIS THREAD if you have. 

And today's talking point: do you know any babies named after a place, like Kim and Kanye's new baby Chicago? Maybe you're planning on naming your baby after a place? Do tell us on this new thread here. 

• Options

No indications yet Danielle but under 2 consultants, 1 for my health condition and 1 because number 1 was prem and undiagnosed breech, so have to wait and see. There were no signs last time that he'd be early so I think it's anyone's guess what will happen this time but they're not taking any chances especially as I didn't get any contractions and only got to hospital an hour before I delivered. 

• Options

I know I like to be organised. Probably a bit to early in most people's opinions but as a lot of my stuff was bought in Jan sales I needed to get it all made up to make sure it was all suitable before the returns expired. Plus hubs now has no time off until she is here. And hate to get him doing things in the evenings. I do still need to make a start on my hospital bag.. And i have no idea where to begin. So your picture will give me a good idea!

X

• Options

There are lists on places like mothercare as well that should help NJR, glad the pic might help. I'm trying to be organised but it's weird as I don't need to do very much 2nd time round so feel at a loss sometimes, doing my bags makes me feel better though. 

• Options

Anyone else feeling really down and miserable? :( I’ve come home from work today, after not being able to stay due to the fact I keep sobbing at everything and am dizzy and short of breathe. I‘m so tired because I’m finding it really hard to sleep but feel so pathetic that work sent me home :( i know it’s hornones but they’re so hard to control! 

• Options

Tonistar, I too have felt quite down the last two days and I am fighting back the tears over silly things. The tiredness is kicking in again which isn’t helping I’m sure. It’s frustrating to feel like this when we have so much to look forward to over the coming weeks. I’m hoping I’ll snap out of this mood soon! 

• Options

Tonistar. Hormones are a bitch. Don't feel like that, your body is growing a human! Your allowed to feel tired and emotional. It's bloody hard work. I'm a constant moan at the moment. Belly is tight, heavy and i feel so squished. I also at times feel short of breath. I'm ridiculously tired. And I just have to listen to a sad song on the radio and I'm off. Rest up and chill out for the rest of the day. I for one cannot wait to get home from work tonight, take off my bra, have a shower and eat some carbs. Jacket potatoes and pasta because i want to and if anyone tells me I can't I will cry in thier face and do it anyway lol 

X

• Options

Hormones playing havoc doesn't sound fun ladies I hope it all calms down for you soon. Luckily not one I've had much problem with but I do find myself welling up easily, the new Cadbury's advert does it for me at the moment. I'd say if it doesn't ease up its worth mentioning to your midwife see if she can help. X

• Options

Thank ladies! It’s comforting that i’m not the only one, makes you feel less like a plonker and more normal. I’m just so stubborn and am the person who unless I can’t physically get out of bed I will be at work, so felt pathetic that they’d sent me home because I could stop crying long enough to string a sentence together. I should be happy they’re that supportive and make the most of it, but the hormones aren’t letting me think like that either!!

Carbs sounds so good to me too!!

• Options

Hi ladies just to let you know asda have the baby event on x

• Options

Hi ladies. I think baby will be early based on how stressed ive been recently. Baby reacts when I get really upset about things. Its like they are kicking me telling me to get a grip. I thought I would be loosing my job in april but turn out it could be that we don't open doors tomorrow.  From what I can gather I wont be entitled to any financial help because hubby earns more than £25000 A year, (appears to be the cut off) but sitting with him tonight  we will be short each month by around £30. We only have to get through march until mat leave but what to do after that is a worry. Hubby also found a lump in his chest, we went upto hospital today and they are reffering him for more tests....feeling very sorry for myself this week!! 

• Options

Oh mrs g 😔 I'm so sorry for all your news. Will you get any redundanc? Also will you not be entitled to maternity allowance? How crappy.

Also I really hope all your hubby's tests come back clear. Thinking of you xxx

• Options

That’s so crap MrsG, I really hope your work hangs on long enough for you to get some money - have you not worked long enough through to get Maternity allowance? And fingers crossed nothing or your husband! 

I cant wait to see everyone’s nursery, ours has been a bit of a nightmare, the room has a sink in it, but no hot water, so my hubby has had to do some plumbing and ended up causing 2 floods in the house - now we need to repaint 2 ceilings downstairs too 😔 but hey he has finally got the new sink in - will defo share pics once it is all done....,

I have started to get a really sharp pain in my left butt cheek, and an achy bump/groin cramps - I will call midwife but thinking sciatica or SpD 😔 anyone else suffering? 

• Options

Mrs fish iive been getting a sharp cramp like pain in my right butt check, I got husband to massage it the other day and that helped....not sexy at all lol

ive not worked there for 2 years so no redundancy, baby is due 5th April so it's too early by 2 weeks to start maternity. I'll be entitled to some sort of mternity and I hope it will still be SMP as I've already worked the hours and payed the tax etc but it works off 90% of your wages for the first 6 weeks but after today I could potentially not have any wages! Also worried if I can claim universal credit that the landlord will find out and kick us out, would be just our luck 😩 Never been so worried in my liffe

• Options

I can’t even imagine how awful it all is for you MrsG, I do hope there is someway forward, the benefits system was put into place to help individuals in your situation - let’s hope they come through!! 

The stress and worry is certainly not good for you or bubba :-( 

I have everything crossed for good news for you xx 

• Options

How awful MrsG25, I’ve had a look online for you, you may be able to claim Maternity Allowance from the Government. Here is the link, https://www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance believe it would be best to speak to Citizens Advice (as they would probably know more) Xxx