Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2018 - Part 3

Replies

• Oh MrsG I can't even imagine how stressful it all is for you and I really hope your hubby gets good news asap. We're the same with benefits as hubby earns just over the cut off so we only get the child benefit (£82 a month) at least you'll get that to help out, not much but every little helps. Hopefully you'll have soon better news soon xx

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing alright?
    Today we're asking the pregnant ladies on the forum, what are your comfiest maternity clothes and where are they from? Please do tell us on this new thread here. 

• Hi everyone, been following these posts almost since the beginning lol  I've finally joined!! I'm due April 12th with my 3rd I'm having a boy 💙 xx

• Hi Rachel M, welcome and congrats on your blue bump! We're so glad you decided to jump in. How old are your kids, and are they boys or girls? 

• Thank you Danielle, I have a Girl and a Boy they are 7 and 4 my son being the youngest so he's very excited to be having a little brother 😊 

• Hi ladies, hope all is well with you all, I haven't posted for a while as I have been having a bit of a bad time, I have had countless visits to my Dr, and the hospital and also countless phone calls to the midwife. 

At one point they thought I may have been starting early labour but they ruled that out I have been struggling with work because they are trying to force me out on early maternity but with my boss not having a clue, she called the HR because I work for the NHS they have said that she can't decide when I go on my mat leave and i can only go the month before my baby is due so I am planning on going March as soon as I can because I generally am struggling. Am back in work tomorrow after 3 weeks off and my anxiety is so high because I don't even want to go back but I know I need to 🙈

I have bought most things now for my baby because I had a bit of a panic because of everything which has happened I have put up his furniture in his room and i just need to get some things for the wall for my little Prince 💙

Hope all your bumps are growing nicely baby's are wiggling away 💙💖

• Oh Albu sounds like your having a real time of it too xxx I really hope it gets better soon and you get to enjoy some of your pregnancy ❤ 

Welcome Rachel x another one for team 💙 hope everything is going well so far.

Went shopping today and bought some lovely sleepsuits and sets, so should be set now for clothes, and got my formula for hospital and some maternity pads. Hospital bags are almost done apart from pj's and clothes for me and last minute bits like drinks & snacks. Have been quite uncomfortable all day though as Mr has been really low and very active (pretty much hasn't stopped since I got up this morning) which is fun when walking round town! 

Big hugs all around ❤❤❤

• Welcome Rachel, and congrats on team 💙 ☺️

Oh Albu, sounds like a rough ride but I hope all is ok for now? I also work for the NHS and I’m currently off sick. I have annual leave that starts when I’m 33+6 so I’ll ring back fit the day before my annual leave starts so I don’t loose annual leave and they don’t start my Maternity. I will upload a pic of the sick leave policy I have printed so I know where I stand as they do like to push you. If your struggling go to your doctor as it will cover you with a sick note and they can’t force maternity leave .image

• Hi Rachel, same due date as me 😊

• I'm not sure if my previous reply worked, Mia is the current favourit. not done any changes to convert the spare room into a nursery as yet but it's cream & pink anyway so won't take much doing. Just finished changing the decor in our room 1st

• Aww thank you Charley. She wanted me to go off like 3 weeks ago, she hasn' a clue herself as she has only just came manager. Basically saying to me in a patronising way that because I'm off she's having to cover my shifts on the ward and that the ward is heavy at the moment an only going to get heavier. 

She was rather rude about it and it making me feel so anxious about even going back! 

• Well she should cover it with bank staff or agency! She can’t expect you to push yourself and she should legally amend your shift pattern and alter your duties if you are struggling. Has she also done risk assessments for you on the ward? I’m off with severe varicose veins and work were still expecting me to do 12.5hr shifts because our staffing levels are low due to sickness and annual leave. I work on Maternity (of all wards) and you think management would be more compassionate about their staff, especially those who are pregnant!! If your struggling go to your doctors or get your manager to refer you to occupational health. They can put in place that your shifts are altered etc ☺️

• Thank you ladies, nice to meet you all 😊 Aww lush Swilk, nice to have due date buddy, is this your first? Hi Albu, ive been a manager, not for the NHS but the same applies, if she continues making you feel this way I'd seriously consider putting in a complaint As this behaviour is extremely unprofessional and given shes just stepped into this role isn't the best especially towards a heavily pregnant lady who's been off Poorly! Hope things improve for you x

• Welcome Rachel 💙

Albu I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time and as everyone gas said you can't be forced to go on mat leave at the moment.

So I'm 30 weeks tomorrow - 3/4 of the way through 😮 can't believe it!!!

• Yes Rachel 1st baby, more used to horses than babies lol

• Albu I’m sure your work legally have to find you alternative work if it’s too heavy and if they can’t then they have to suspend you on full pay until mat leave starts 4 weeks before. 

Im calling citizens advice tomorrow as i work for a care company. I’ve been off for weeks with PGP but I am capable of doing some visits And want to return. They’ve told me they probably can’t accommodate me and that I’ll have to go off on the sick again until mat leave starts. Normally they’d have to let me go off on full pay if they can’t find me suitable work but I’m on a zero hour contract so not sure if the Whole ‘suspend on full pay’ would apply to me so I need to find out. 

I wish they did like classes for pregnant women about your rights and what your entitled to during and after pregnancy cos it’s so bloody confusing! 

My baby room is a dumping ground, we still have to organise and throw out loads (hubby is a serial hoarder!) lift the carpet, get a new one, paint, build all the furniture. 

Also, YouTube is great for what to pack in your hospital bag! 

Sorry for the long post, if you made it this far then thanks for hanging in there! 

• Charley, on my ward all the staff are very selfish and only intereated in themselves, including the manager. She isn' approachable in the slightest! Ive been for driving everyone crazy the last 4 weeks buying everything for the baby because she was adamant she wanted me to go on my early maternity. I'v had to use all my savings for him and let' just say pay day can't come quick enough!  I've waddled round like a loonatic because I thought I needed to get everything just in case she did make me leave because my money would need to last for when baby comes. So am now back to square one again.

Rachael I am really considering it to be honest am going to go in today and maybe discuss what' happened with my matron because I just feel so let down. The national health service is falling apart as it is and management like her don't help in the slightest. 

On a good note I have my midwife appointment today so will get to hear my little mans heartbeat again 💙

Thank you all ladies don' know where i would be without this chat

• Aww lush Albu, something nice to look forward to 😊 Yes, having a word is a good idea, but if all else fails i'd take it further, you're vulnerable right now and she's clearly taking advantage of that maybe have a google about your rights and give her the facts- that will shut her up lol! 😊

• Swilk i love horses 😍 grew up with them,  don't have the time now though unfortunately although my daughter would love a pony 😊

• This is my baby boys 4D scan a few weeks back 💙imageimageimage