Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in April 2018 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Replies

• Hi charley87 yeah it is strange to think we had the same due date. Yeah I’m glad I got my vbac  and my delivery went as planned. I’m glad it was a good length delivery I loved every minute of it x

• Hi Becky yeah labour was amazing it was ideal in every way thank you very much my other children picked her name x

• Congratulations Lisil x

• Thank you mrsfish x

• Lisl it takes a few days for milk to start to come in, so just keep going with what you are doing, things will work themselves out.  Don’t worry if you need to top up with formula, it is better that Hallie gets some food, so she can grow and sleep whilst your body does it’s thing :-)  good to hear you are getting good stunts of sleep too. 

Baby girl, it’s always nice to hear that a delivery went positively, normally everyone has stories of how horific it was.  How nice your other children chose the name :-) 

• Babygirl1987 and xLislx, please do send me a private message with your full name and address, so we can send your baby gift. 

• Hi ladies! Sorry it’s a bit of an essay...

I went in to Hospital for a planned induction on Wednesday morning due to having Gestational diabetes. I was examined (1cm dilated, cervix not ready at all) and started on the propess pessary straight away at 9.30am. I was kept an eye on for 24 hours then got examined again. I’m the meantime my pessary had got lost inside and then later on fell out! Anyway I was examined again and told 1cm still and so to leave the pessary in for another 12 hours. Again nothing happened, no twinges at all. I had another examination and told no Changes to the cervix, maybe a bit softer, so I then had a prostaglandin 6hr pessary. I was told at this point, I’d be examined again in the morning and if no chaneges then it was likely I’d be given the choice for a c section or rest for 24 hours and start the whole induction process again. At this stage I was emotionally drained and hoped I would just be able to get a section and be done with it. I was examined the next morning and had made it to 2cm and my waters were broken. Dr then said I’d be started on the oxytocin drop straight away. That was at 7.30am and my contractions started at 9.30! I thought I was having really bad wind pain as, that’s what it felt like and the contractions weren’t being picked up on the minitor. I soon had some diahyrdrachodine (I think!) but didn’t do a thing and swiftly asked for gas and air; thinking my wind pain was ramping up and so I had to be ready for the wind pain and the contractions, not realising by now there never was any wind pain!!! I coped for a couple of hours with gas and then my midwife was seeing  that I was struggling and said the pains are only going to get worse and so if you have an epidural now, you’ll be comfortable for longer, so I did. Best choice ever! I then sat most of the day having a laugh with hubby and the midwives. By 5.30pm I was 8cm dilated, got checked at 7.30 and was fully dilated but they made me wait 2 hours to see what my body would do its self before starting to push. At 9.20 I turned off Gogglebox and started pushing. Strangest thing ever when you can’t feel what you’re pushing so don’t believe you’re actually doing any work. I pushed for 50mins until my sweet Penelope arrived at 10.11pm on Friday! 

• Scotjill the epidural sounds like a dream!! How was your diabetes after delivery? How were Penelope’s bloods? 

• On Monday 26th I had a few episodes of trickling, which I could attribute to urinating as it was very random and not connected with the cough i was suffering from.  I was seeing the consultant for my routine 36 week appointment that afternoon, had a scan, and they didn’t think my waters had gone, but were concerned over my high BP and protein in urine, so took me into hospital for monitoring for 24 hours.  On examination they agreed my waters had gone, and I had a further bigger Gush.  The following day (Tuesday 27th) I was sent home on antibiotics with a planned induction for the Saturday.   We got home at around 4pm, we got a mcDonalds and I went to bed as had not slept the night before in hospital - I was getting some niggles - mild contractions.  I woke up at around 7.30pm with contractions lasting 3minutes, with only 1 minute between them.  Hubbie ring the hospital, which is 30 mins away from us, who sent 2 midwives to the house and instructed him to call 999.

I was examined by the midwife, who said cervix was very thin and although I was only 3cm dilated bubba would arrive quickly - they took me to hospital under blue lights with hubby driving along behind.  This snowed down my contractions and we made it in around 30 mins, with me begging for an epidural or C-section.  

When in the delivery suit, it took me a while to be able to get onto the bed as Babies head was very low and causing me maximum discomfort. I was strapped up to the monitor and hubby reminded me of my breathing techniques from hypnobirthing.  I started to feel the need to push about an hour later, the Dr finally arrived to examine me, and told me I was 6cm dilated - I told him I need to push, he said to give a little push, watched what happened and told me to go for it.  She was out in around 10mins.  

Being Prem she was taken to neonatal, hubbie went with her. 

The 2 midwives struggled to get the placenta to deliver and then i had a huge haemorrhage- they pressed the emergency buzzer where a team of people came in and started doing all sorts of things to get the placenta out - at this stage I got some gas and air and sucked myself into oblivion as whatever they were doing was incredibly painful😔

The placenta finally detached and they managed to stem the bleeding - I was given several injections and stitches back together, I suffered extensive damage down below 😔 

We were kept in for a week, she suffered from Jaundice and was very sleepy and not feeding properly.  I required blood transfusions and treatment for low iron and a few other bits, on drips etc. 

We are totally madly in love with Amelie Mae and can not believe the difficult journey from start to finish to get her into our arms!! We feel truly blessed to have her safely enter the world 

• Thank you all so much for your incredible birth stories so far (and we can't wait to read the rest!)
    Please do pop me over a PM with your full name and address so we can send you your birth gift. 

• MrsFish my bloods and Penelope’s bloods were fine after birth thankfully, she was a little jaundice though.

After reading your birth story I feel incredibly lucky. How you got through that I will never know-I suppose knowing you’d see Amelie at the end. You must be one resilient lady to go through a traumatic and testing pregnancy and horrific labour. You’re in the other side now 😘 xxxx

• hey ladies, going to write out my birth story while sitting in the bath trying to sooth the stinging of my stitches 😩

So, Sunday 1st April was my planned induction date at exactly 37 weeks, as I had Obstetric Cholestasis and PET. We got called in at 6pm and was started on the 24hr pessary at 8pm. When being examined, midwife said babys was very low, and I was 1cm, central and medium softness. She said that it was likely I wouldn’t need anything more than the 24hr pessary to get me going and I’d probably be in labour by Monday Eve. 

About 10 minutes after pessary I was getting mild period pain, 30 Minutes later I asked for some pain killers and after and hour an a half I was on my feet rocking and breathing through the pain. She gave me more painkillers, and put me on the monitor to see how close the Contractions were, if they were in fact contractions, and assured me that the pain killer she just gave would easy the pain. CGT showed irregular contractions, but the pain relief did not work so they sent me to the bath. After half an hour in the bath, my other half went out to ask if there was any other pain relief I could have as I was getting the pains for longer and more regular. to Which she said she was just on her way in to suggest she examine me as the noises I were making sounded very positive. 

Upon examination, I was 2cm dialated, but she could stretch me to 3 so was going to go and request a bed on delivery suite. By this point, I was in a lot of pain, and trying very hard not to cry out. By 1am, I was moved to delivery suite, and given gas and air straight away. After an hour of puffing on that hard and contracting 30 seconds apart, midwife examined me to say I was still only 3cm but with the amount of pain I was clearly in she suggested an epidural, which I was very thankful for as I was beginning to get very tired! Babys heart rate kept dipping, but I was Having plenty of movement so it was monitored closely by the doctors. At 5am they were getting concerned about his heart rate so examined me again and I had gone to 8cm. from that moment on, it goes a bit fuzzy, I was extremely tired, and there were lots of people around monitoring the CGT. They continued to monitor until 7.20am, where I was examined and had fully dialated. The unfortunately, I’d had a top up of the epidural not that long before as they were all convinced I was going to be another few hours, so I couldn’t feel my contractions at all, so with the combination of that and the dipping of baby boys heart rate, the doctor came in on standby. I was encouraged to push, with the Dr telling me when my contractions were coming and I was moving him down really well, but his heart rate just wouldn’t stabilise, so Dr asked if I’d like some help to get him here. So at 7.41 Abel was born with the assistance of a Dr using what they called a Kiwi, which I have since found out is via a Ventouse. 

Funny 24hrs that was... haha they were so surprised at how quickly I progressed, but my little man just wanted to get here. And he‘s worth every second that I can sit down because of my stitches 😂 and I do keep forgetting I have birth 5 days ago and that I should probably take it easy! Bit long winded but there's my story 😁

• Well done Tonistar, sounds like it went on for a while!! 

Abel is lovely name 💙 enjoy every minute of your new bubba 💙

Scotjill, I think it was worse for hubby, I couldn’t see what was going on and was really into the gas and air by the stage where it got grim! 

Fab news about the blood results, we were exactly the same, such a relief not to have to deal with that anymore......

• Hi all, 

I have not had time to contribute to your posts but I have been reading them all daily. I was due on April 21st but was induced early due to small baby and placenta problems.

Lucy was born yesterday (6/4/18) at 2:29pm weighing a tiny 5lb 4oz.

We are both doing well :)

• Awww 💖🎀🍼👶🏼 kittyKayleigh, shes beautiful. I hope you enjoy every minute x

• Oh congratulations Kittykayleigh, Lucy is gorgeous!

We're going to be setting up an April 2018 Babies thread really soon, but in the meantime please do come and check out the Due in April 2018 thread - choc full of the loveliest women who are due imminently and quite a few have had their babies too, so you'll be in great company. 

• Hey Ladies.. bare with. This could be an essay.

So wednesday morning I woke up at 6 for a simple wee, as I got back in to bed I heard what I'd describe a crunch noise and I had a bit of a trickle which I just assumed was a little bit of wee. But a period like pain just more intense immediately followed. I assumed I'd just got back into bed funny and passed it off. 20 mins or so later another pain followed. At around 7 i text my mum telling her today could be the day, but in the back of my mind I just thought I was wishful thinking so I waved hubby off to work. Mum got to me around 8.30 and by this point I was leaking with every contraction (Still at the time not convinced at real deal). I started loosing more liquid. I rang the labour ward and they told me I'd have to be having 4 contractions every 10 mins before I could go to hosp they would send a community midwife out. Not impressed I agreed. About 5 mins later I got a call back to say no comm midwives available and to go in. Funniest thing I had a bloke round to quote me a garden fence! I was in the garden bent over the washing line pole 😂.
    Get there around 10 and hubs meets us there. After maybe 30 mins im examined and I was 4cm! Relieved as new if I wasn't I'd be sent away. From here timings go out the window & I'm oblivious. I got in the pool which really helped with back pain I was having as she was slightly back2back. But contractions were worse than ever. Begged for pain relief and to be examined again which she reluctantly did as they like to leave it 4 hours, i opted for an injection in my leg so had to get out the pool and i was 6cm. The injection made me so sleepy between contraction. My body was like pushing for me and she said go for it baby had turned so I sat on the birthing stool and started to push. I had been pushing an hour and the decision was made for me to move rooms. From here it's all kinds of blurry.. Im on a proper hospital bed with my legs in stirrups pushing for my life and nothings happening. More pushing and a doctor comes in and disagreed with midwife that baby had turned. And started talking about c sections and theatre!! Luckily for me it was full and he came back 25 mins later to see that I had progressed with my pushing and off he went. All in I was pushing 2hours 30mins!! Finally at 17.59 and to the words 'omg babe she is massive' from my husband and mum crying next to me baby was born 8lb 12.5oz. I had to be cut and I tore slightly too so was stitched up. A while after birth and I wanted to shower before hubby and mum were sent home. As I stood up I fainted! Next thing I know 5 people are surrounding me on the floor in a puddle of my blood I've got a oxygen mask on, a cannula is put in and a drip for fluid. I got stable but still sent my mum and husband home and i was left for the night could barely pick up my baby! Every muscle in my legs hurt from pushing against hubs and mum's arms. And I can barely sit down. On iron tablets now too.
    But she is so worth it all 💖

• Congratulations kitty Kayleigh x

• Wow NJR - 2hrs 30mins Of pushing!!! That’s epic, well done you!! And nearly 9lb - wouch!! Have you decided on a name yet? 

I am also still on iron tablets, following a haemorrhage, I am completely worn out, and think it is due to anaemia as Millie is only waking once over night for feeding, and Inam actually managing to get quite a lot of sleep at the mo 🤞 having my blood checked again in a few days, hopefully it’s in the up......

• Sorry ladies just catching up 🙈

NJR wow! Go you 😃 Hope you are both well and look forward to hearing  name 💖🎀

How are you doing also Mrs Fish? Xx