Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in April 2018 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

124»

Replies

• Hey lovely ladies. Thought i would update with my birth story as i have a rare second.

My contractions started on fri eve just before 11pm. I only txt my mum at 22.15 saying hopefully something will happen overnight so i dont need my sweep in the morning 🤣

Anyway after 3 contractions spaced 10 mins apart i just knew that they were real as they were different. By 1am they were coming every 3-4 mins.

We arrived at hosp at 0330 mainly becuase i couldn't face the car journey in any more pain than i was in and on arrival they examined ne at 3cm. They told me to stay on the ante natal ward as at 4cm they would send me up to labour ward. By 8am i had only dilated that 1cm making me 4cm so went up and got in the pool. 

I soon decided thats not what i wanted and went into a diff room.

Although my contractions were every 3 mins apart i stopped dilating at 5cm. They kept assessing mine and the babys progress and after 16 hours with no pain relief i asked for an epidural.

It was so disheartening hesring i wasnt progressing. They broke my waters but still i continued at 5cm so ended up having a hormone drip to help me along.

Baby was back to back and after a long hard few hours of pushing i was taken into theatre for a forceps delivery. Within 3 contractions they partially managed to turn and deliver my beautiful baby boy after a long 27 hours he was born at 0213 on Sunday morning.

He is worth every second of pain and every stitch i have but wow that experience was not something i would like to do again! Lol. 

Xx

• Hi everyone, 

As many of you know my c-section was planning so I always knew my baby would be here on the 19th April.

The night before I found myself consumed with guilt and sadness when I put my 2yr old son to bed as an only child for the last time, I had a really grown up conversation with him none of which he understood but it's one I won't forget for the rest of my life. 

We had to be at hospital for 7am and was 1st on the theatre list, walking to theatre I got held back and told there had been an emergency and I had to wait a bit longer, my partner was so nervous during this time he had 8 toilet trips haha my mum was also there but not aloud in theatre. 

When we did go down it was a stone's throw away from my bed the team were outstanding at putting me at ease due to the complications with my son the first time around. Spinal went in first time and all the prep went well although about half hour in I started to feel very unwell which is normal all my bp etc needed to adjust. I had something called group and save throughout which is where they "hoover" your own blood throughout filter it through a machine and pump it back into you like a transfusion but much better for you as all your own. I also had IV antibiotic for the strep B. 

We opted for the screen to be dropped to be shown the sex of our baby I was petrified throughout I found myself able to go to a place I had never been before In my headspace I just constantly talked to myself and my partner praying it was going to be ok. It's weird I was so scared but so calm I've never been able to do that before. Amazing what the mind is capable of. 

I could hear the surgeon telling the team to not say anything about gender as we didn't know do I knew I was close and they dropped the screen at 11.23am to announce we had a Daughter!!! I don't remember the next few minutes I was so uncontrollably sobbing that they had to tell me to keep calm as my bp was so low and I was going into shock. As a last min decision my hubz cut the cord And we were all United as a family something I was not able to do with my son. They told me she was ok I couldn't beileve it. 

The recovery was tough pain leval wise I was sick for the next 12hr but up on my feet everything in and out that needed to be done and the min to the time she was born they sent me home! 

Luna Lilac is a dream come true for anyone who has followed me on mfm or my story. She has slept 4hr or more between feeds since birth and only lost 4% of her weight and gaining nicely she is so calm and chilled compared to my son. 

I will be sharing a story with mfm on my feelings on having one of each gender as I sufferd with gender disapontment with my son I wanted to share if the feeling of having a girl was what I thought it would be so look out for that!. 

Thanks to all for sharing this journey with me I can't wait to keep up with you all. X image

• Here's mine:

25th April got some mild contractions at around 6pm, 6:35 my waters broke, regular contractions kicked in. arrived at hospital at 8pm, only to be 3cm but they let me stay. At midnight the pain was quite intense so I got gas and air and was checked again but only 4cm.

feeling very disheartened at this point.

00:55 I felt this urge to push/pressure, 00:56 her head was out and 00:58 with 2 little pushes she was out and in the world! 

Crazyly fast in the end.

💗💗💗💗

• Hi everyone, we're sending out baby gifts tomorrow, so if you've not sent us your full name and address via PM yet, please do! 

• Do I private message you Danielle x

• Yes please meganh1992 😊

• So here it is. My birth story. 

Contractions started at 1am this morning, around 7mins apart lasring around 58seconds.

I was googling when I should call hospital and how long I needed to time it. I thought as the pains feel like (tmi) lose bowel pain, I’d go drink a glass of warm milk and have a waffle to make sure I don’t get hungry in the night. bowel movement happened but the pains continued. So I timed them til 4am and decided to wake up my husband.

Called hospital at 4.30am to let them know my contractions are 2mins apart and lasting 68seconds. They told me to stay home and take paracetamol and try rest/sleep and to call back if I can’t cope.

I couldn’t cope but as they knew this was my first, I’d likely be in this part of labour for a long time. I got to around 5.30ish and nothing was helping and called the hospital back, didn’t even say my name. the midwife just said com in. Got to hospital 6ish and was examined, they were all surprised I was already 5cms.

Got into the pool around 7ish, there was a handover from the night staff and day staff, the rest was a blur. was high on gas and air, they were due to examine me at 10.30, but I was already experiencing an out of body experience, Baby arrived at 10.30am, delivered still partially in his amniotic sac, a lot of me apologising to the midwife for screaming, telling them I’m not doing it anymore and will be going home, tears, and telling them I need a POO (Which was actually the baby’s head), three little tears. Baby Jacob is perfect. 😍

• So here goes... 

Monday night (30/04/18) went to sleep around 11pm and woke just before 2am Tuesday morning (01/05/18) feeling uncomfortable and crampy. Tried to get comfy in bed then went to the loo around 2.30 and had my show and knew this was it. Went downstairs and told hubby, who'd not long got back from work, that it had started and he better go and try and get some sleep while he could. 

Kept mobile and timed the pains until 5.50am when I knew it was getting stronger and I needed to get checked out. Got hubby up at 6am after phoning the delivery suite and he got himself and our 2 year old sorted and off we went to hospital, dropping our son off at the in laws on the way. 

Arrived at hospital at 6.36am and was examined just before 7am and told he was very low but only 2-3cm so I could go home or mobilise around the hospital for a while. Took some paracetamol and we decided to stay as i wasn't comfortable getting back in the car and I just knew it was a bad idea. Was then sick so pretty much voided the pain relief, new midwife showed us the relaxation room (not relaxing)left us to keep moving for a while. Pains got worse quickly and a lot of pressure so went back to the assessment bay where the midwife took one look at me and said she better examine me again, I was now 6cm and we were quickly found a delivery room.

I was put on the monitor and given gas and air and soon started pushing but baby was showing signs of his heart rate dropping so the Dr was called and she decided that the ventouse was needed to get him out quicker. A couple of pushes and his head was out then shoulder dystotia and a bit more urgency and manoeuvring but then Harry was born at 9.40am weighing 8lb 12oz. 

Found out after there was also meconium in the waters so we'd both need to stay in overnight to monitor us. I had a small tear and a couple of stitches but all fine and Harry did great and we both came home at lunchtime on the 02/05/18. My boys do like to be awkward but I wouldn' t have them any other way. 

• Charlz88, what a brilliant birth (though might not have felt like it!) Please tell me more! Did you really have an out of body experience??? 

Becky240, you made us really LOL about the non-relaxing ralaxation room! We are so glad to hear you're both well and home. 

Please do PM me your full names and addresses so we can send your baby gifts. 

• An out of body experience is the only way I can explain how it felt, (or maybe it was just the gas and air). Not knowing if I was even 10cms and the midwives saying you are not due a check yet and telling me to listen to my body. I felt an urge to push and the feeling was surreal, the groans I had came from within and released out as a scream (midwife said my scream was calm) but from my memory, it felt like I screamed like a demon. It felt like I had no control of my actions and next thing I knew babys head was out but still in the amniotic sac and I could feel him wiggling into the next position for the next contraction, once he arrived I felt like all pain was gone and I was back to normal.

I won’t be rushing to have another baby just yet. But I really do find it fascinating how quickly once the baby is here that the pain is gone. 

Good morning everyone! Little Sarina has finally made it into the world on 04.05 at 07.05am, 6 days late but worth the wait. She is a healthy 7lb 6oz and we both home 12hrs after she was born. 

• Congratulations suzj sarina is beautiful. 

Megan any update? I hope bubba is here safe and well x 

• Congratulations suzj! Baby Sarina is adorable 😍

• Congratulations Suzj she's gorgeous x

• Hi Nicola! Yeah I posted my birth story further up. Ivy made an appearance on 26th April, 10 days late. 8lb 2oz. 6 and half hour labour! ☺️  Xximage

• Oh look at her 😍 sorry i must have missed it, unless i commented lol baby brain. 6 and a half hours thats amazing. Glad ur both well xx

• Its ok, im the same. How you doing? 

Yeah very quick I was well chuffed lol xx

Mia says thanks very much for the present