Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2019

Replies

• Thank you. Not worth going to see anyone I don’t think as would be too early to see heartbeat and I think doctor will just tell me to wait so looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. Thank you for your kind words xx 

• Louise dont give up. These test are not 100% accurate. When are you having your scan?

I can feel what you must be feeling. I had three missed miscarriages then i got two beautiful daughters.

All i can say to you is dont think negatively  this soon.

Lots of hugs.....

• Thank you for your kind words hope again. I’m not booked in for a scan as haven’t been to doctors as they will just tell me to wait and see if I bleed. 

Hope all you other ladies are feeling well xx

• Hi ladies! Found out I was pregnant around 2 weeks ago and I think I’m around 5 weeks and 5 days.. due date is 12th April! Which amazingly enough is the same birthday as my childhood best friend who died of cancer when she was 14! 

i also have a nearly 5 month old so dealing with a one year old and a newborn is going to be tricky considering I’m a single mum who’s only 21! Anyone else been through or going through a similar circumstance? Any advice is welcome! 

Hope everyone’s feeling okay! X

• Hi Chelsdavis, welcome back to another birth club and lovely to have you here! 

• Thank you Danielle! I find support so so helpful whilst being pregnant. The other group made my pregnancy sooo much easier with other ladies going through similar things at the same time! 

• Louise, don't worry!

Mine didn't change for ages and it doesn't mean anything. You're 4-5 wks pregnant right? If you look for tables that show standard hcg levels for each week of pregnancy! It clearly shows that you should be anywhere between 5 - 7340 mlU/ml. 

Clearblue digital will change to 2-3 wks if your hcg level gets above 153mlU/ml. 

If you have any concerns and you think it's to early for the scan you can go for blood test. It will show you same day what your hcg level is :)

Fingers crossed it's all ok :)

• Thank you mag xx Would the doctor do a blood test? I just imagine they’ll tell me to wait. It’s just the waiting that’s so hard isn’t it?

• Louise, what they did for me before was a blood test and told me the results and told me to go back 3 days later for another blood test to see if it had increased.. I was about 5 weeks pregnant then so maybe it’d be similar? 

• I guess GP would have to refer you or you can go private. Some private clinics do these with results the same day but it depends where you live (I know one in London)

• Hi, my fiance and I just turned 31 recently. We have been trying to conceive for 8 months. Currently on a birthday celebration trip with him. I was 3 days late with my periods and I am usually regular. I took a first response test and it came up positive. I was so shocked and surprised but happy. On this same day i started to spot brown blood. Its been a day since i found out i was pregnant and im still bleeding a bit. Brown blood on pants but only size of a small teaspoon and it is on paper a little when i wipe. Got some cramping. Been really hungry and thirsty, have cold feet at night and im a bit emotional. My boobs were huge and sore. Not just sensitive nipples when i touch them. Does this sound normal? 

• Chelsdavis .. i was in your exact situation 5 years ago .. i had a 5 month old was pregnant and became single as the older 2 girls dad was abusive. I then carried on single throighout pregnancy and birth when my 2nd daughter was 2 i met my now fiance and weve gone on to have other children x

• Louise111 .. hope all is okay! I personally wouldn't worry and hust maybe try a normal test if lines are still dark then you should be fine! 

How many days after ovulation did you dtd? You could of jusy ovulated later and then obviously implantation would of happened later also x 

• Girlmum, thanks for responding! It’s so comforting to know it can turn out well. How was things with a newborn and a one year old on your own?? Very difficult I would imagine?? X

• Extremely difficult but oh so rewarding. My mum passed away during my 2nd daughyers pregnancy as well and we lived in a block of flats with 2 flights of stairs so if i can do it you definitely can! Heres a picture of Scarlett meeting Bella 😍

They have the best bond now they are older also you'll honestly be fine ❤ routine is key! image

• Oh bless them that is definitely a moment to cherish!! 

Wow yeah that must’ve been difficult!! Well done! 

Youve been extremely helpful so thank you! 

• Thanks for all your help ladies xx Am going to do another cheap Tesco test in the morning and see if the line is any darker than the initial one I did when I first found out I was pregnant. Feel totally in limbo at the moment. 

• Hope your okay today louise111 .. keep us updated with your test 

. Everything crossed for you x

• Thankyou for thinking of me girlmum. Have done the test but it’s fainter than I would have expected at this point in time. I have taken a photo of the 3 Tesco ones together although it’s not great as the older 2 have discoloured a bit. 

• imageHas anyone else got experience of the Tesco tests being any good? 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions