Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2019

Due in April 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Aww your pics are lovely!!  Really happy for you lmo x

• Hello lovely ladies,

I hope you don’t mind me joining you but I’ve have been keeping up with your posts from afar as have been on tender hooks for the last few months just holding my breath and waiting to see if everything is ok with baby before I posted.

Thankfully we had our 12 week scan yesterday and all looks fine 🎉 I think if you’ve ever had to deal with there being problems and losing a baby it never leaves you does it and no matter how positive you wantimageimage to be you’re constantly terrified. I’m so sorry for those of you that are having to face this at the moment and your babies remain in my thoughts.

Here is the scan pic of our iddy biddy baby who‘s Due 24th April. Also where is this nub you speak of?! We found our with our other babies but now we have one of each I am hoping to not find out this time round (other half has other ideas but I will not let him 😂) However I am intrigued so tell me if you see a nub/ if we are nubless please 😁

• Welcome Looptotheloo and huge congratulations! 

We are loving all these scans everyone, keep them coming! 

• Congrats looptotheloo! I suffered a missed miscarriage in June it was difficult but I’m 12 weeks now tomorrow with my second pregnancy. Have seen baby twice already, don’t have my dating scan until a week on Monday when I’ll be 13+1 as I’m going on holiday on Tuesday. 

Cant wait though the scan pictures I’ve got baby is tiny 😄 x

• Awww ladies - congrats on the new scan photos! Absolutely wonderful 😍 

I have my 16 week midwife app next week - not sure what to expect? also its a week tomorrow until we find our babies gender - EEEEK! 👶🏼 

x

• melly apparently 2nd midwife  is only about 20 mins long, general how are you feeling and you should be able to listen to babys heartbeat too 

• Brilliant Brooke’s, that’s great 😊 x

• Hello girls,. congratulations on the lovely scans :)

Anyone suffering from sickness badly still? :( I was sick twice today, once when I got off the bus and once when my hubby came to pick me up from work by car... Every journey seems to be hell!! 

Also, a lot of heartburn, every night and a lot of headaches. :(

Hope you're feeling better because I'm 15+4 and feeling rotten :(

• Hey Cloudlover, 

Sorry to bear you are in such a bad way still. I’m 15+1 nausea has subsided, its not 24:7. Though through out the day I still feel sick 😖 

I also have REALLY bad heartburn every evening - from tea time onwards - it’s so uncomfortable. And been getting the odd headache. Im also still very drained - and tired a lot. 

At least we arent alone - let’s hope it improves 🤞🏽❤️ 

X

• Sorry your still feeling rough cloudlover! 

Ive only struggled with feeling sick but haven’t ever been sick, recently I’ve been getting headaches at work and I’m 13+3! Hope it gets easier for you xx 

• Out of interest how does everyone sleep I’ve heard you should sleep on your left side which I do but some nights I wake up and I’m on my back which I’ve heard isn’t good, this then makes me panic and worry something could go wrong 

• Chkitty I sleep on my left hand side but I struggle to do so all night... after 16 weeks they say not to sleep on your back I think? I have to turn over onto my right side which apparently is bad for circulation, but I cannot help it. I have scoliosis (2 curves in my spine) so I have to keep moving but it means lack of sleep most nights!!  What joy haha x

• Cloudlover im sorry your still feeling so bad. I was starting to feel good then the last 2 days have been horrendous. Headaches, sickness (just nausea tho), heartburn, even been waking during the night feeling really sick again! I’m 15 weeks today and honestly thought I was past it now. I didn’t even get ready yesterday! 

Chkitty, I sleep all positions at the minute. i Don’t think any will cause something to go wrong, as long as you can get comfortable? 

• Thanks everyone,

Sorry you’re feeling poo still. I tend to feel sick mostly in the evening but usually if I eat too much or not enough so it’s def right when they say little and often.

Yes it’s suggested you don’t don’t sleep on your back esp when you enter the 2nd trimester and recommend that you sleep on your left as you have a big artery on your right that can restrict blood flow the baby. However it is pretty much bloody impossible and incredibly uncomfortable to stay like that all night! Saying that I was watching a video in the antenatal unit and reading something the other day and both just mentioned sleeping on your side and nothing about it needing to be the left. As much as I try I pretty much always wake to being on my right so I think I may go and get my pregnancy pillow out the loft to wedge me in 😬

• Thanks ladies think I’m just over worrying as it’s my first, I’ve got one of those triangular pillows which is a god send I just panic when I wake up on back and wonder how long I’ve been like it for! I had to adjust to sleeping on side as I always slept on my front and I miss it lol 😂 

• I spoke to my widewife about sleeping positions and she said not to worry to much about it and not to panic if you wake up on your back. She said sleep in whatever position is comfortable. I’ve been sleeping on my front sometimes! Worth double checking with yours at your next appointment though x

• i wouldn’t worry about sleeping positions. I mostly still sleep on my front and my right side and did for my first baby too

• I thought it was 3rd trimester you have to sleep on your side? When the baby gets quite heavy? I may be wrong though! 

• I only invested in two pregnancy items things so far: pregnancy pillow & pregnancy car seat belt. I got my pregnancy pillow ages ago :) I went for long snake c-shape pillow and I love it and it does help and keeps me comfortable

• Morning ladies 

hows everyone doing with weight gain? I have a healthy bmi and just weighed myself this morning I’ve put on 3lbs and I go on holiday tomorrow so dreading putting more on 😣 

12+1