Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2019 - Part 3

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in April 2019 - Part 2 peeps, as the thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.
Enjoy!

Replies

• Chkitty I’d try and do it but by bit on the day before you go to work. I’ve given up doing a lot Sunday’s as I’m busy all day Mondays. Try and do it Saturday If you break up Friday. Saying that the whole house needs redecoratI got and I’ve given up on it for a bit. Tidied under the stairs and stuff which made me tired. I’d ask midwife if you can have bloods redone as if they were low before and not treated then it might need treating now to help you

• Yeah I’m going to start doing bit by bit this week, I work in complaints so I’m always bit stressed, I’ve got repeat bloods next Friday so will try hold out I k kw I need to eat more iron rich foods so going to start doing that! Just want to get it done before I get too pregnant I can’t do anything but hard giving up 

• Ladies needing some help/recommendations 😓 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a steriliser and baby monitors? 

❤️ X

• Mellymop, would you like an audio or video monitor? If audio I'm getting the BT 450, reviews are really good.

I'm starting to feel much more tired too, have to sit down much more and started to go a bit weak yesterday when cooking.

Hope everyone's doing well mental health wise.  I've been having more lows and just quite aware that it could lead on to more so flagged up with the midwife whose really great. 

• A friend of mine is buying me the avent 3 in 1 steriliser, she swore by it and rates it better than tomee tippee. Think it’s aroubd £50-£60. Haven’t even looked at monitors yet but I think we will have video and audio. 

I had my glucose tests yesterday, all fine. The drink wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, tasted more like a flat lime and soda drink. During the wait  joined an antenatal class that was running which was nice, I’ll continue those for the next 4 weeks. My local hospital has no pain relief, just gas and air, which as first I was very unsure about going just incase, but actually I feel a lot more relaxed about it having seen it and really like the thought of using the birthing pools. I have no pain threshold and was pretty adamant I’d want an epidural and this and that, but actually.. now knowing you’re numb from the waist down which makes it harder to push as you can’t feel when you’re naturally ready too kinda unsettles me cause id like to be in control.. however.. this could all totally change and I may be climbing the walls.. but for now I think I’m quite relaxed about it 

Has anyone else got any antenatal classes lined up? 

• Yeah I booked mine yesterday for both Fridays end of February, 2 hours long each but it sounds like they went through a phase of not offering them at all so I am grateful they are doing them. Second will be a nightmare as I’ve got the hospital before it too but should just about get there on time

• I've got NCT booked, don't start until the 19th Feb though.  Think my hospital also do a Saturday class but the midwife suggested to wait until after 30 weeks for that one.

Rosie I'm hoping to go into the birth center next to the hospital which is mainly gas & air with birthing pools - definitely what I want to do but it is a bit scary you have to be moved to another part of the hospital if you need anything else!

I considered hypnobirthing classes but my god they're expensive.  Can't afford those as well as NCT so just sticking with NCT.

• Hello everyone hope you’re all doing well- I popped into Lidls today and stocked up on some maternity/nursing clothes 

with looming maternity pay only 3 pay days away, and not actually knowing if breastfeeding is going to be successful, I was reluctant to spend too much - but I’ve got 3 tops, 2xpjs, tights yoga stuff and a jumper and jeans and few other bits for £80  (I spent £30 on maternity jeans last week)  can’t complain about quality feels pretty good.  

• On the topic of breastfeeding, those who are hoping to exclusively breast feed - will you buy a pump? I keep changing my mind, I'm hoping to breast feed although there will be odd occasions where I'll be out and have to express.  I was thinking of just a manual pump although my friend was saying they're so tiring, so then I saw the MAM 2-in-1 which isn't cheap at £130 but does what is says on the tin and also comes with some of those self sterilising bottles which look good.

My friend did say to only buy ones I know if I can as next day delivery is so easy, but I don't want to get caught short! 

• I’m planning to give breastfeeding a go- and have been looking at the spectra-  my hospital sell a good brand on they maternity ward at a discounted rate but unsure which one. 

• I've been advised to get a hand pump which you can get for around  £20 and give it a go incase a) you can't breast feed/ struggle and b) baby won't take to the bottle after breast feeding.

Once you know a and b are achievable, you can invest. 

Which recommend the Philips SCF330/20 Natural manual pump. I can check their recommendations on automatic if anyone's interested? 

• Hi! I am hoping to breastfeed, but I will not buy a pump yet. I just want to see how it goes to start with. Pumps are not cheap, and if needed, you can get pretty much anything delivered within 24 hours. 

Anyone around here suffering with SPD/ Pelvic Griddle pain? It is making my life very difficult at the moment, but I have to carry on working, as I am also doing a course at uni that requires me to be at work. I am just finding it very difficult!

Physio referral is on it's way, but it will take some time. Currently just taking paracetamol and as much rest as I possibly can.

• Hey Rutxi - yep I’ve been suffering with SDP.. I sent off my referral on 3rd January and have an appointment on Thursday 24th jan..!! I have been to see a cranial osteopath privately as I was in so much discomfort and pain. He really helped, I’m still going for the physio too. I also went to aquanatal on Wednesday which has actually made the pain a bit worse - I think because you’re weightless in water I was moving freely which may have aggrivated things slightly.

i understand what you’re going through though and it reslly is so horrible. In the night if I need to turn over I find bringing my knees up a bit and clenching my bottom as I roll over helps. Try and keep your knees together. 

I really hope your appointment comes through soon :( xxx

• ooop forgot to join continuation thread thought things were a bit quiet. It sounds like everyone’s coming along nicely and slowly but surely getting everything sorted.

This is 3rd time round for me (have a boy and a girl) so I’ve just uncovered bags upon bags of clothes up in the loft. Can’t believe how many clothes they have had over the years I could start my own department store up there and most def don’t need to buy another thing! hHave been working my way through washing the 0-3 months stuff over the last couple of days (I have big babas so need a bit more than just newborn!) I figure if I get a months worth of both girls and boys stuff sorted I will be fine until need to rifle through for the next age range of stuff.

Imo2727 I exclusively breastfed both mine until they were about 18 ish months and although I had a cheapy hand pump I never really got on with it and nor did my two with expressed milk in a bottle. Maybe just get a cheap one for piece of mind If you do want to try expressing?

x

• Yeah that's what I was first thinking, to just get a manual pump but then I thought if it's going to be really hard work it may be better to get this 2 in 1 then I've got options.

Does anyone have baby showers planned? My friend mentioned it months ago and I wasn't that bothered, but I've now come round to the idea and no one has said anything else!! Bit awkward to ask for them to throw one isn't it?? 

• Imo I’m having one this time as didn’t with my son before. My Mum/ my mother in law and my girlie friends are organising it for me. Mention it to your friend 😊

We booked a last min 4d scan for today for our anniversary and our little lady was completely facing my spine and head down  😭 they do a free re scan if this happens, and we’re back there Thursday evening, but il be almost 31 weeks then and i’m worried she’s there and settled now 😥. Anyone else having one? 

• I’m having a baby shower - would be nice to have time with all the ladies in the family before baby 🤗👶🏼💙 

I chose my pram today - was incredibly exciting! 10 weeks and counting 😳 

And Diz, ive booked in for a 4D scan for the first weekend in feb! I’ll be 31 weeks pregnant 🤰🏽 your little girl was being a monkey!! Hope she changes her position for you when you go back 🤞🏽 

X

• My hubby said he's going to mention something to my friends for me 😂

April really is coming so soon isn't it!!

Mellymop which pram did you go for?

• It’s all exciting isn’t it! I’ve got my 4d scan next week will be few days off 29 weeks! We had one at 24 weeks and she was a beauty anyway then so can’t wait to see her face again! 

Had my glucose test yesterday and now supporting blood test bruises on both arms! Hoping i havent got it! Got my consultant appointment on Monday so  find out more then if I have! Hope everyone doing alright! Finally got a leave date at work so it’ll be 22 March the time cannot come quick enough I’m struggling now!! 

• I went for the Navy and White Venicci Storm, I am honestly so In Love with it 😍 

What has everyone else went for? 

x

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions