Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2020

Replies

• Awww Olivia! 😍 So happy for you @Vikkiw

Happy mothers day to you all xxx
  • She’s gorgeous @Vikkiw 😍😍😍 

happy Mother’s Day ladies, I hope you all have a day as amazing as you are 💜
  • Congratulations @Gemmar87 ! We are thrilled for you. 
    @WelshGirrl and @Gemmar87 tell us about your labour and births?

• Thank you everyone. I had a great labour was only in labour for 6 hours: we are still in hosp tho as my boy was prem and didn’t do a poo within 36 hours and was at neonatal for w night getting tests all clear now and hopefully home tomorrow xx
  • How is everyone else doing here? Have you contacted your maternity wards to see if their policies have changed since Covid? 
  • as of today in Ireland, no fathers, birthing partners or visitors allowed on the maternity wards or labour wards. 
    just want the baby out now?
     absolutely dreading it all 
  • Sal83 said:
    as of today in Ireland, no fathers, birthing partners or visitors allowed on the maternity wards or labour wards. 
    just want the baby out now?
     absolutely dreading it all 
    No birthing partner at all?! 😱😭 Xxx
  • Hi ladies I’m sorry to just jump on your board I’m due in may having a section on the 6th of May however there’s a great chance baby will be here in April due to obstetric choleostasis, I’m having weekly monitoring but over the last few days I have had a lot of pain really low right at the top of my pelvis where my c section scar is and it’s so painful on movement... my ladies on my forum are great but I’ve already ask if anyone is experiencing this and haven’t got an answers.... I have been told today that baby is extremely low and engaged and the midwife said this was why I was in pain but wanted to hear first hand from other ladies experiences this ..congratulation to all of you that have had your babies it’s defo brought it home how close I am now !
  • @kmb89 yes no one is allowed in the hospital, they can drop you at the door and pick you up after. I sort of get it,  it's for everyones safety. but still gutted. 
  • Sal83 said:
    @kmb89 yes no one is allowed in the hospital, they can drop you at the door and pick you up after. I sort of get it,  it's for everyones safety. but still gutted. 
    The worlds crazy, I guess some cut backs need to be made but surely they will allow a birthing partner in for last stages 😩 I’ve got my appointment with consultants on the 2nd April so I’ll know then how it is with us in Wales xxxx
  • Hi everyone, please can we ask you some questions - we would really love your help with this. Since Corona, are there any restrictions/changes on how you can give birth? Anything you could tell us would be so helpful. 
    Also, for those of you have children already, who will be looking after your kids at home when you are in labour? 
  • Hello everyone - I've lost track of when I last posted! If I haven't said so already, congratulations @Gemmar87 and @WelshGirrl and always so wonderful to hear Olivia is doing well @Vikkiw ❤️

@DanielleMFM - if plan A works for me (local island cottage hospital) I shouldn't be impacted too much - if I have to get flown to the mainland for induction my partner may have to stay home with my son and I'll have to go it alone as no visitors in maternity except 1 birthing partner in established labour only. With all the B&Bs closed we wouldn't really have another option! 

If I labour on the islands as planned one of our good friends will look after our son, like my partner she's been furloughed and she lives alone so we're not really worried about covid contamination, especially as we're one of the few remaining lucky places with no confirmed covid cases.

Lastly posting a pic! 37 Vs 39 weeks - I think I've dropped (I feel like I have) what do you reckon?

Xx
  • I live in Essex. We have been restricted to one birthing partner and no visitors. However, I am wondering whether we are going to get to a point where even that isn’t allowed. My mothering law would have been having my little one but with all that is going on it would be too risky. My sister who was going to be my other birthing partner has offered to come to my house to look after her, which again isn’t ideal (although she is currently self isolating herself so will hopefully be safe enough) otherwise I guess I will be going
    on my own
  • @elliesc Yes, definitely dropped! Good luck!

@DanielleMFM I'll be labouring at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. 1 birthing partner allowed from active labour until transferred to Postnatal ward. My best friend will be with me and my mum and step dad will be moving into my house for a few days to stay with my son as my ex (father to both) is refusing to come stay with him and I don't want my boy going to his parents house as his mum is being treated for a "chest infection". Just too risky I feel, and with me having to stay in hospital for at least 72hrs, I feel he'd be best off at home in his own environment.
    Been very stressful trying to sort this all out with everything that's happening in the world right now. 

Saw midwife today. I'm 36+6 but measuring 42cm 😕 Baby is 3/5 engaged, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long now.

Good luck everyone, we're almost there xxx
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Apr 1, 2020 2:24PM
    Hi everyone, we hope you're safe and well. 
    If any of you have had your baby during the Corona lockdown - please get in touch! We'd love to talk to you. 
  • I’ve just been to see consultant, I live in wales and it’s just restricting visitors with us. Your allowed your birthing partner. I’m booked in for an induction on 10th and they said he can even be there for the early stages to thankfull for that. Any tips on what to take when being induced to help with comfort pain etc they stay it’s “more painfull” ? I’m really hoping she’ll come before then! 

also had a scan today and she’s weighing 8lbs5 estimate already lol! Looks like I’ll be having another big baby! (First was 9lbs13)  

@elliesc it looks like you have dropped! Love seeing the bump pics and soon to be baby pics! Xx

• ChkittyChkitty Regular
    edited Apr 2, 2020 1:39PM
    @Bet124 hey, I’m not an active member in this group but follow it in case my little one comes early!
     I was induced on 10th April last year and gave birth to my daughter on 12th Im due my second in May but hopefully won’t be induced this time as was induced due to GD last year. 
    I would make sure you take stuff to keep you occupied I was bored for two days because my pessary failed and I had to wait to have it again. I stupidly thought I’d have my baby in a day but I didn’t! 
    Maybe take some snacks with you the hospital food is hardly the best and they come round really early for dinner well they do at my hospital by 6-7pm. Was hungry again! 
    Maybe take iPad or something to help pass time. I’ve heard a few people take their own paracetamol as it can take a while when requesting for it (this definitely happened in my case) 
    sleep as much as you can as you’ll be woken up for monitoring through the night! 
    Also I can’t comment on the pain as it was my first pregnancy but it was intense but that’s because I don’t know what natural labour feels like, just keep up with pain relief as and when! When I finally had my waters broken on the third day I was in established labour and had my daughter 5.5 hours later, I only had gas and air as well!

Good luck 💕xx
  • Chkitty said:
    @Bet124 hey, I’m not an active member in this group but follow it in case my little one comes early!
     I was induced on 10th April last year and gave birth to my daughter on 12th Im due my second in May but hopefully won’t be induced this time as was induced due to GD last year. 
    I would make sure you take stuff to keep you occupied I was bored for two days because my pessary failed and I had to wait to have it again. I stupidly thought I’d have my baby in a day but I didn’t! 
    Maybe take some snacks with you the hospital food is hardly the best and they come round really early for dinner well they do at my hospital by 6-7pm. Was hungry again! 
    Maybe take iPad or something to help pass time. I’ve heard a few people take their own paracetamol as it can take a while when requesting for it (this definitely happened in my case) 
    sleep as much as you can as you’ll be woken up for monitoring through the night! 
    Also I can’t comment on the pain as it was my first pregnancy but it was intense but that’s because I don’t know what natural labour feels like, just keep up with pain relief as and when! When I finally had my waters broken on the third day I was in established labour and had my daughter 5.5 hours later, I only had gas and air as well!

Good luck 💕xx
    Thank you so much for your reply, I haven’t really read up on it and don’t really want to I’d rather just hear off mothers who have been induced. I will have to make sure I take plenty of snacks as the shop will be shut. I’m really hoping to have her soon afterwards! And will deffo be packing paracetamol now that you’ve reminded me as I know how stretched they are you can’t have your pain relief there and then so thank you for that ❤️ 

I need to get earbuds and eye mask lol as hospitals are a nightmare to sleep lol 
    good luck to you too xxxx
  • When I was induced with my son they told me most people had an epidural when being induced and as soon as you're on the drip you can request it - I waited until 5-6cm but was feeling quite out of control and in a lot of pain by the time it went in and then it failed, but I transitioned so quickly they couldn't re-site it and I had to just get on. If I get induced again (especially as for me if this is the case I won't have a birth partner at all) I will ask for the epidural as soon as I'm on the drip so I don't have to have the scary out of control feeling again! Of course everyone is different and you might want to avoid that route entirely but I thought it was worth sharing that experience with you @Bet124

Still waiting on my little lady, sweep on Tues (due date) if cervix is 'favorable' enough xxx
  • Thank you for sharing that @elliesc . It’s nice to know about everyone’s stories of induction, how long were you from start to finish if you don’t mind me asking? Like from the first pessary? 
    I’m luckily enough to be able to have my partner there but we have a little one at home, and if it’s going to be a matter of days then it’s going to be awkward for him to be there. But I suppose the midwife be able to say if things are progressing.

im booked for sweep on Wednesday! I hope it works for you!! When I had a sweep with Emellia my fist I wasn’t “favourable” but I had a sweep on the afternoon of the 17th, and she was born at 8:56am on 19th. I still believe it kick started things. Xxx