Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2020

Replies

• Options
    @FailingToBePatient we are over the moon to see you back in a birth club. Congratulations! And we just read on another thread, a reply to a woman who had several miscarriages. The reply was something along the lines of 'each pregnancy is a new pregnancy and different to the last' so we would love to wish you the stickiest of beans. 
    Thankyou! Anyone else here got pregnant form IVF too? tell me your stories pls  :)
  • Options
    My first midwife appointment is the 28th, so a day after I'm 9 weeks, the women on the phone said that my first scan wont be until 11-13 weeks. I'm just worried as at the start of my pregnancy I was on strong brain medication that can affect the development of the baby and cause defects, as I didnt know or expect to be pregnant as i was told by gp that i wasnt able to get pregnant but I came off my meds as soon as It was confirmed by blood test and gp wont  do any more bloods to make sure the hcg is rising. So I am still a bit worried.
  • Options
    I’ve not even got a midwife appointment yet! But receptionist at my dr said it would be between 8-10 weeks, then my scan should be around 12 weeks 

I am still testing daily (twice daily to be exact!) think after my MC I am just so paranoid something will happen again 
  • Options
    I got my bfp last tuesday! Went for a early scan today just because I'm neurotic and I'm just so excited. I also dont know how far i am as i came off the pill at the end of may had extremely light spotting at beginning of june, had a one day light bleed and then got my bfp. They saw a sac ( she thought!) Which hasn't really settled my mind. Anyone else been through similar.. thinking I'm due around 6th april! X
  • Options
    @Laura9283 I’m in the same boat as I dnt know my due date I think it’s earky April. Got midwife appointment next fri so hoping I get booked in for an early scan! Did you book a private scan?
  • Options
    I’ve got my first midwife appt at about 9-10 weeks but have a private scan booked in for 8 weeks. I’m also going to the docs tomorrow to ask them to check my HCG as I want to make sure it’s rising enough- I’m so nervous after previous MC’s.
    In regards to symptoms how’s everyone feeling ? The last couple of days I’ve been getting more nauseous but I’m the evening, boobs also very sore! 
  • Options
    I've not had sore boobs at all this time, although that was something I noticed pregnant with my son. Incredibly bloated after dinner this evening despite if anything eating a smaller portion than usual.. had to undo my top button! Other than that still mainly tiredness. Have been away and only took one test with me to check for a darkening line. Did that yesterday 3 days after original test and definitely darker, but wish I had another clear blue digital! Sorry you've had previous MCs Marshal1991 I imagine you'll feel more relaxed once you're beyond the gestation they happened x
  • Options
    I’m also in the UK, from kent to be more precise.

I have been super paranoid about my symptoms and yesterday convinced myself baby had stopped growing as my symptoms had vanished.  I came if some medication and am not sure if the Nassau was linked to that, but the intense hunger I had has also gone.  The only real symptom Inhave is back ache and infrequent cramps, which I really hope is a good sign.  I want to try and wait until 7 weeks for a scan, so they can defo see a heart beat. I feel I am going to be an anxious mess for the next 3 months until i can feel bubba moving around.....
  • Options
    Hello :) I got my positive test last night. This feels so weird starting this journey all over again! I currently have one little girl who will be 2 next month. I am 11dpo according to my app and my period is supposed to be due Friday...hope this little one sticks

i am 29 next month and from the UK 

• Options
    Congratulations mrsr51a and welcome to the club!

Theres a few of us here from southeast. I’m Kent too, I wonder if we will be delivering at the same hospital!!?

I was really paranoid with my first and was convinced I was going to miscarry or not have a heartbeat at my 12 week scan. Well they’re currently running round my front room trying to take their nappy off. I’m far more “what will be will be” this time round, it’s quite nice...... but I’m a hell of a lot more tired, already!
  • Options
    Kent also so close to the edge I can actually step off the country, I'm 6 weeks exactly today so I think we will be booking a private scan for 2 weeks times but my family said I probably wont see much, I just want to see the heartbeat mainly. Also would the gp do another blood test to check hcg if I really push for it? 
  • Options
    Private scan all booked for 2 weeks, eek so nervous 
  • Options
    I’m fairly coastal, I’m on the Marsh so slightly more inland. That’s exciting. You might only see a little bean but heartbeat should be audible by that time!
  • Options
    Just had my midwife call and arrange my appointment for 4 weeks time!! 3 September :-) 
    currently laying in bed absolutely drained - anyone else just so exhausted? Hubbys birthday tomorrow and we’re off to Yorkshire wildlife park with our 3 year old, so trying to gather as much energy as possible lol 
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Congratulations on your bfps! 

Had a letter through the post couple of days ago saying my first appointment with the midwife is on the 31st . I’ll be 8weeks and 5days , then after she will book me in for my scan , honestly I feel like the days are dragging ! I can’t wait to see something! Am so paranoid I have no symptoms yet ahh , last month was a chemical pregnancy so I am anxious as hell 
  • Options
    Glad it's not just me that feels the days are dragging. I'm so tired and unmotivated at work. I put a count down in my diary until my midwife apt, then was going to do another til my scan, but I think it might be making it feel even longer! Now I've asked my husband to book in activities for us to do over the next couple of months to have mini things to look forward to and pass time, but I know I'll be exhausted.

I havent had any symptoms apart from mild cramping and my sense of smell has got stronger. I'm actually hoping for morning sickness as I didnt get it last time (with mmc) as at least I would actually feel pregnant. Remind me of that if and when I get it and feel awful!

Any other ideas for passing time?
  • Options
    Has anyone else had hardly any symptoms other than a bfp ) or 6 in my case 😂) and tiredness? I dont even have sore boobs this time.. 
  • Options
    I had 1 day of sickness 2 weeks ago and now just sore boobs and hunger but nothing else other than 22 positive tests in the last 2 weeks
  • Options
    I had 1 day of sickness 2 weeks ago and now just sore boobs and hunger but nothing else other than 22 positive tests in the last 2 weeks
    Haha sounds like me. I paid for an early scan thinking I was 5 weeks nearly 6 weeks but she only saw what she thought was a sac.. ( dont even think she knew what she was looking for cos she didnt measure anything) this is my 2nd. Definitely wasnt like this with my first. Just want symtoms! Positive baby dust! 
  • Options
    Laura9283 said:
    Has anyone else had hardly any symptoms other than a bfp ) or 6 in my case 😂) and tiredness? I dont even have sore boobs this time.. 
    I’m with you there. I only had the tiredness 
    I’ve been testing daily morning and night, I had a MC last month so think it’s piece of mind for me to keep seeing those two lines!! And the fact that other than being tired I just don’t feel pregnant like you my boobs don’t even hurt and they did with my last pregnancy!