Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2020

1464748495052»

Replies

• Ahhh you and me both. I'm due on Tuesday. Midwife has agreed to a sweep on Monday if still nothing by then xxx
    My 38 week midwife appointment was cancelled and I haven’t heard anything from my midwife since then so I’m literally just waiting. This is my second so I think they leave you a bit longer before before doing a sweep. I had one at 40 plus 2 with my first although I was already having contractions and was 3cm...she was born that eve x
  • My appointments were messed up too. They decided to change all the midwifery teams around just before lockdown! I had an appointment at 34 weeks, 37 and now 40, so have missed one as supposed to be every 2 weeks. This is my 2nd too. I never had one with my first as he started on his due date. I've asked for a sweep this time as I'm struggling with SPD and being a single parent. Fingers crossed it works xxx
  • Hi ladies, I hope this is allowed 

I had my little boy a few weeks ago and have been in lockdown since so no family or friends visiting n no getting the house!

its a real emotional struggle so wen a friend sent this petition I signed and thought so many others are also struggling and missing some of what maternity leave offers! 

Worth a sign so we can get more time with our little ones 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/306691
  • Hi everyone, can you help us please? We would love you to come and check out this thread - we are hoping you guys can come and tell us what happens after giving birth and you're sent home from hospital.

We will also be able to ask our MFM GP any questions, if you post them on that thread too - we would so appreciate your help. 

Thank you,

Dani @ MFM x

• @kmb89 just thought I would check in to see whether your little lovely had now arrived? 

Im 40 weeks today and still
    waiting xx
  • Hi everyone hope your all doing well
    when you have 2 seconds it would be great if you could jump on and sign this petition run by the charity Bliss
    Having Olivia 4 months early has drained us financially and the thought of going back to work when she’s only really 8 months old is making me ill already 

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/support-parents-kept-from-their-babies-by-covid-19-2?bucket&source=facebook-share-button&time=1587751483&utm_campaign&utm_source=facebook&share=589ec694-5695-4425-b7e2-ccd2bb8e808d
  • @Vikkiw all signed :) 

Another petition that may interest you is for maternity leave to be extended 3 months. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/306691
  • I have just signed both x
  • Hello all! Sorry for the super late update!
    Darcie Marie Irons arrived safely on 21st April (her due date). Weighing 8lbs 4.5oz. It was an extremely fast labour, only 2hrs 6mins, however I feel slightly traumatised by it and ended up with a nasty 3rd degree tear. Hope you are all well and I'll meet you over on the next thread xxx
  • @kmb89 so happy for you. I’m hoping my little lady arrives equally as quick (minus the tare). I’m now 2 days overdue and the last one waiting. Hopefully will see you all in the other thread soon x
  • Oh @kmb89 she is a peach - what a beautiful little girl. You look rather wonderful in your pic too. 
    See you over on April Babies :-) 
    PS hang in there @XxMariexx