Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2020

Replies

• Options
    According to due date I'm 5 + 3, but I think I'm actually 4 + 5. I'll see how I get on and if it happens again. I'd rather avoid getting a transvaginal scan if I can. 
  • Options
    Welcome to @Hazy35 and @CharHughes and huge congratulations to you both. Lovely to have you here. This group is really filling up! 

• Options
    Is anyone having a constant heavy feeling low down like you get with a uti??
  • Options
    @ vikkiw - yes, and I have to pee all the time, but it doesn't hurt!
  • Options
    Vikkiw said:
    Is anyone having a constant heavy feeling low down like you get with a uti??
    I went to the doctors with this on weds and they sent me to hospital to check hcg levels were rising  and got a scan on monday morning to make sure it's not ectopic ( which they dont think it is because my levels are rising) I didnt have a uti though which is weird. 
  • Options
    Rising levels are good, fingers crossed, let us know how you get on
    I’m still in agony from a ruptured cyst 2 weeks ago, my consultant did say if I got pregnant the pain would get worse but I’m just a born worrier
    think I’ll go see the gp on Monday and rule out a uti 
  • Options
    @Laura9283 FX all is okay. 

Is anyones else getting light period type cramps? I’ve read it’s fine it’s just weird when they happen it makes you think what’s going on “/ 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry @CharHughes it just means your bean is settling in and your uterus making room. I prefer to have them now and again as it means things are progressing. Only worry if they are constant accompanied with bleeding 🤞🏻👍
  • Options
    Anyone else still testing? I’m sure it’s linked to my having a MC and I’m worried the line will become lighter (I am testing twice daily!!!) 
    this was from just now. Please tell me I’m not the only one I feel like I’m going mad! 
    I think I am 5 weeks tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Okay, Thank you @Hazy35

I’ve got my DR app next week so I just can’t wait for things to start rolling and Itl feel real! 
  • Options
    @LeanneF I am also still testing every 2-3 days, U am watching the strip get darker, it gives me reassurance that my HCG is rising - I also had MC, I lost a twin at around 13-14 weeks and had a mmc before that, so I am petrified of another one. 

I have a scan next weekend, I should be 7 weeks and hoping to see a heartbeat.  
    My symptoms are still very light but are reassuring, Boobs hurt a bit in the evenings, a little bit of nausea, back ache and mild cramping.  Also get the heavy feeling every so often.

• Options
    Hi guys, 
    I know it’s a very anxious time in early pregnancy, I’ve also had 2 previous miscarriages however I do think that taking regular tests is a bit excessive and may cause you more worry. 
    Dont get me wrong, I’ve been tempted too but actually it’s not helpful.
    As long as you’re feeling well, no pain or bleeding then just try to relax and enjoy this time otherwise you’ll drive yourselves mad. 
    Also, unfortunately if the worse were to happen hcg can stay in the body for weeks therefore you’ll still get positive tests so it’s really not helpful 
    I really don’t want to be a downer but just to say try and chill out and enjoy this time 😊
  • Options
    So I’ve had horrible nausea all day and for the last few days I’ve had a really bad upset stomach and bowel cramps (I’ve got IBS)
    Is this normal, I’m 4weeks+1
  • Options
    Hi guys, 
    I know it’s a very anxious time in early pregnancy, I’ve also had 2 previous miscarriages however I do think that taking regular tests is a bit excessive and may cause you more worry. 
    Dont get me wrong, I’ve been tempted too but actually it’s not helpful.
    As long as you’re feeling well, no pain or bleeding then just try to relax and enjoy this time otherwise you’ll drive yourselves mad. 
    Also, unfortunately if the worse were to happen hcg can stay in the body for weeks therefore you’ll still get positive tests so it’s really not helpful 
    I really don’t want to be a downer but just to say try and chill out and enjoy this time 😊
    I see where you’re coming from, but I think a few of these ladies find it quite comforting. I feel the same as you in that frequent testing isn’t really needed as long as you don’t have bleeding and if the worse was to happen then there is very little that can be done. However I think everybody does pregnancy differently and it’s whatever works for that person.

Vikkiw said:
    So I’ve had horrible nausea all day and for the last few days I’ve had a really bad upset stomach and bowel cramps (I’ve got IBS)
    Is this normal, I’m 4weeks+1

This sounds fairly normal re cramping. To be honest most symptoms in early pregnancy are “normal” because everybody will experience them differently. Have faith in your body knowing what it’s doing.

I’m currently laying in bed before my night shift while hubby has toddler. I completely forgot just how knackering this early stage was. Roll on trimester 2 and those happy hormones!
  • Options
    @Vikkiw I have ibd and my stomach has been playing up a lot this week (I'm 5 weeks). I'm struggling to digest raw vegetables and salad. I also think the sharp pain I had the other day was related to that. I've heard that pregnancy usually slows down digestion so it could be linked to that. I'm hoping it's normal

• Options
    @Vikkiw I have ibd and my stomach has been playing up a lot this week (I'm 5 weeks). I'm struggling to digest raw vegetables and salad. I also think the sharp pain I had the other day was related to that. I've heard that pregnancy usually slows down digestion so it could be linked to that. I'm hoping it's normal

I can’t stay out the bathroom (sorry tmi!!) I’m going up to 20 times a day
    the pains feel like my normal cramps so I’m not overly concerned but I’m going to see my go tomorrow as I just can’t keep anything in😢
  • Options
    Vikkiw said:

I can’t stay out the bathroom (sorry tmi!!) I’m going up to 20 times a day
    the pains feel like my normal cramps so I’m not overly concerned but I’m going to see my go tomorrow as I just can’t keep anything in😢
    Gosh that sounds awful. I know exactly what you mean though but 20 is very high. I think it's good that you go to your doctor. It was sharp pains and a fever that prompted them to test me for ibd (UC) instead of my old IBS diagnosis. Hopefully they can help you out.
  • Options
    I am so exhausted it’s untrue! Just have zero energy! 
    Hubby was off work last week as was I so was great having him to help out with our youngest but he’s back to work tomorrow.
    i honestly feel like I could sleep for England! I’m 5 weeks today! Feels like forever since I found out I was pregnant lol I forgot how tiring and long the first trimester is! X
  • Options
    Congratulations to all you mummies to be x ive took 2 tests not due my period until Tuesday but feel sick with headaches and so tired all the time any advice would be good. One test is clear blue early detection the other just cheap one X
  • Options
    Feeling you those with IBS. I have it too and struggling with food. Whatever I eat, big or small I feel like I’ve had a 3 course meal! So bloated and IBS kicks in, I’m trying to take my diet right back to basics to see if it helps. 
    Feeling full after a little food was my first symptom as that never happens!  😄 x