Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in April 2021

Replies

• Finished with work now! 🥳 

Here's an updated bump picture. My boobs still have not caught up 🤣 31 weeks 4 days.

• @Fairycakes88 your bump looks beautiful! And woo! Well done for getting through to the end of work! Bet you feel so relieved.

I've had a pathetic day. I'm so hungry all the damn time now I know I have to restrict what I eat. Was hungry 2 hours after breakfast but waiting until what I thought was a reasonable 4 hours to suggest lunch to the OH. He replied with "are you hungry already?" so I just cried and sulked for the whole day and only just had "lunch" about 40 mins ago. Most dramatic I've been all pregnancy and messed up my bloods for the whole day now

Heres a bumpie from yesterday when I was 32 weeks exactly and feeling more positive 
  • @Rosegold89 honestly I feel miserable restricting my diet. I live off sugar and carbs. I've managed to keep all but 2 of my readings below the threshold, been doing it 2 weeks now, but honestly I'm so hungry and miserable. 

This is my current bump photo at 34+2. This is literally right now, my daughter does not leave my bump alone 😐 

• @Rosegold89 @ChezVonP Lovely bump pictures 😍 Sorry you are both finding tracking your food to be tough. It won't be for too much longer overall x

My appetite isn't the best at the moment, just feel like baby is leaning on my stomach so don't have much of a desire for food atm. 
  • @ChezVonP lovely bump pic! And big sister is keen to meet little one!
    I'm the same and am all about the sugar and carbs. I literally dream about mash potato. I think all of my dreams have involved food now 🙄. Had a super late dinner last night after my strop and was so nervous to take my bloods this morning but they were the lowest they've ever been! Maybe I'm on to something 😂 3 out of 6 of my morning readings so far have been too high and got to update the nurse tomorrow or Fri to see if I want treatment and feel it's a big decision to make, I could pull my hair out over it. But maybe I'll see how late dinners go. I'm super chuffed seeing as her suggestion was to eat at 6 and then fill up on water if I got hungry again before bed 😂 not an option when I need to pee literally every 5 mins as it is
  • Antenatal midwife is coming to see me on Tuesday. At least I think she's coming to me and I'm not going to her, I can't remember 😂😂😂

I'm breathless going from one room to the next at the minute so it's making housework difficult. My 14 year old is in for a sad shock this evening when I delegate chores to her. Right now she only does the dishes and I still have to ask her to do them, I'm too soft 😬
  • Fairycakes88Fairycakes88 Regular
    edited Feb 26, 2021 11:37AM
    Third day of feeling absolutely rubbish 😭 Had planned to do so much around the house and have barely done a thing. I had pre-eclampsia in my last pregnancy but had obvious swelling as a symptom. No swelling at the moment but I don't think I should be feeling this crap. Just don't want to be a nuisance either. 
  • Awww @Fairycakes88 that's not so good. Give them a wee ring and tell them your concerns. With a history of pre eclampsia they should take you seriously. What way are you feeling? Xx
  • @Fairycakes88, @Rosegold89 and @ChezVonP loving your bump pics ❤️

Hope everyone is keeping okay. When do you find out if you'll need insulin @Rosegold89 xx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 Just feeling kind of "off" if that makes sense. It's lifted now but I'll keep an eye on it. Have the midwife coming to see me on Tuesday so will mention it to her unless I feel the need to ring out of hours over the weekend or something. 

Also my right eyelid has been twitching several times a day for a week and it's driving me mad 😂
  • I totally know what you mean as I've been feeling a bit off the past few days too. My sister is a nurse so I got her to do blood pressure and blood sugars and all seem fine. But I def don't feel good and like you had said previously it's kind of digestive issues and it's just unpleasant and uncomfortable 🙄 xxx
  • @Fairycakes88 @cheesecoleslaw86 I'm sorry youre both feeling a little off. Really handy to have a nurse in the family to help out though @cheesecoleslaw86

I was finding out today about treatment but luckily the past 3 days I've really got on top of my bloods. They've been in the 4's every morning and fingers crossed 🤞🤞 they stay that way. Had a cry on the phone to the diabetic nurse though. I am a danger to myself and was reading about all the complications that can occur and was prepared to insist I go on treatment anyway but she was really reassuring so I feel a little better. Still very hungry though 🙄🙄😂
  • Awww @Rosegold89 God love you. I. Can totally understand wanting the medication. But it is great you have the means to keep blood sugar under check and have managed to get it so Consistent so quickly 👍

Must be v difficult dealing with hunger 😭 thankfully we are all on home straight. It is March on Monday, and we will all be saying.lut baby's are due next month ❤️ xx
  • Feeling a good bit better today, just tired and have the worst heartburn! 
  • Hi ladies,
    @Fairycakes88 - I hope you managed to feel better for the whole weekend.
    @Rosegold89 and @ChezVonP hope you're both still doing well re. GD

All bump pics look so gorgeous!
    I can't believe we can all say our babies are due next month - really need to get my bum in gear and pack my hospital bag - it's just so daunting!

• @rebel.vegan Thank you! Still feeling good. Hard to believe it'll be next month when we meet our babies 🥰

Baby is doing all sorts of movements the past few days, up high, down low, side to side 😂. Can't tell what position she is in now at all. Although when she's low my bump feels really heavy!
  • Midwife came to see me, was just a meeting and ticking of boxes lol. The sciatica thats been teasing me my entire pregnancy is really trying it's best to settle in though 😬. Today is the most painful it has been. 
  • Still bothered by sciatica, guess I chose the right time to go off work! Hope everyone is keeping well. 
  • @revel.vegan thank you 😊

@Fairycakes88 I hope you rest up and your sciatica doesn't cause you too much bother.

Had my check up with the diabetic nurse today. Managed to keep my numbers in line now for about 10 days, with the exception of 2 borderline readings. She did warn me it's progressive though so don't feel too bad if I can't keep it up and have to have insulin. Will continue to see how it goes. Found a great support group on Facebook with a great website for GD friendly recipes! Made soup for the first time in my life yesterday and was lovely! Felt so good to enjoy food again. And they've got recipes for cakes and treats too which I'm looking forward to trying. Have you seen the gestational diabetes uk website @ChezVonP? Definitely recommend! 
  • @Rosegold89 Oh I am taking advantage of resting up, have been doing very little 🤣 Glad you are getting to enjoy food again!

Have a scan on Tuesday, looking forward to seeing what position baby is in.