Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5 weeks, 4 days with occasional brown spotting?

Hi ladies! In so excited to be here. I'm a FTM and this is my first pregnancy. I'm 5 weeks, 4 days and have had occasional super light brown spotting intermittently for the past week. This morning I woke up, and when I wiped, the brown spotting was there and more than I've had. Since then, I have t had any more.  I'm just super worried and nervous and anxious as my husband and I really want to be parents, and I'm so scared it won't go well. We have an appointment scheduled for September 2, but it feels like forever away! Just looking for any insight you wonderful ladies might have. 💕

Replies

• Hi there! I also have had occasional brown spotting too. I’m only 4wk+ 4 days and also a FTM, so not much help unfortunately. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone. 

From what I’ve read though, spotting is normal in early pregnancy and especially brown.. if it was large amounts of red blood coupled with cramps, I think that would be more concerning. 

Keep me updated! Fingers crossed we both have long and healthy pregnancies! 
  • Thanks for your reply! My sister in law is a nurse and has 2 babies. I decided to go ahead and tell her and she also said it's very normal, and nothing to worry about. She said to take it easy, tho, and not to do anything strenuous. Keep me posted on yours too! 💕
  • Hi, I am too in week 5, and I’ve had on and off brown spotting. It makes me so worried but doctor doesn’t seem concerned. Have you been able to find out anything? My HCG went up and I have another one on the 3rd so I’m praying it continues to go up!