Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2022

1st Trimester - So nauseous all the time!!!

Hi,

This is the first time I've ever written on a message board and I'm so glad you exist! I'm 7 weeks pregnant and we're not telling anyone yet but I need to tell someone! This is baby #2 but my perpetual nausea did not happen the first time. I have been so nauseous and tried for three days straight that I finally took off of work today and barely got anything done earlier in the week. I work remote 100% now but how did women do it before? How would I have done this pregnancy before and still showered, dressed, do my hair, drove myself, worked for 8 hours, etc. And, why do we keep this s secret your twelve weeks? Because of the risk it of a miscarriage? Doesn't it make more sense to tell people so they understand why you're so sick tired, or in the worst case, crying and sad and depressed? I am having this epiphany that keeping it a secret and making us, women, act continue to perform at 100% is really messed up.

Replies

• Hi Bettyfm,

Congratulations yay ❤️

I'm a new user here too - this is my first baby forum (and my first baby)! 

I've been lucky so far with only mild nausea, but I work nights so I have been struggling with fatigue  :s sorry to hear you've been suffering. 

I really struggled to keep this a secret. We told a select few people but it just kind of trickled out anyway! I would have told people straight away but boyfriend is very superstitious so I kept schtum.

I think it's mainly superstition but I get what you mean - I think quite logically so it doesn't make much sense to me!

I hope you feel better soon 😊
  • Hi there ! I just read your post and I completely agree . It’s so tough not to tell people how you are feeling and what you’re going through in the first trimester. Someone said to me once , you can tell who you want before 12wks but before you tell them think would you be ok for them to know if something goes wrong . I told my bosses quite early on in both my previous pregnancies as I knew if something went wrong I would want them to know so they could support me. This time around I’ve told a lot of family but not work just because with workking from home I can manage better my symptoms. In terms of your nausea , I would try all the usual tricks like eating cream crackers / ginger nut/ rich tea little and often and if it is still bad try ask the GP if they can prescribe something . I hope it clears soon for you when placenta takes over xx
  • I told everyone early with all 3 of mine so it really is personal choice. I felt so sick for the first 14 weeks thus time round that I had to tell people as I looked so ill and lost so much weight as I just couldn’t eat. Plus I work a heavy manual job so I thought it was best to speak up. Do what feels right for you 😁 x