Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2016 - Part 2

Hello everyone,

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in August 2016 Birth Club Part 1 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Thanks Danielle 😘 Xx

• How's everyone feeling today? I seem to be getting some let up from sickness every few days which is nice! Still feeling pretty tired tho and that's me 13+3 anyone else feeling this way? Hoping to get some energy back and start to feel a bit normal again over the next few weeks. Apart from that all fine here started to look at prams etc which is so exciting xx

• Fee I've already picked my pram and it's ordered :P I literally went the day of my scan haha! What you thinking of getting? Xx

• I am so tired its unreal. Been having 2 hour naps with my little boy while we've been ill but I'm back to work now & it's killing me. 

Apart from that I can't eat very much, little & often is the way im going but don't really fancy anything. 

Dont really feel sick anymore just off, get the odd Waves but that's it. 

Boobs have grown but not really sore but have blue veins all over them that look like road maps lol. 

I have a bigger bump than my bestie who is 8 weeks ahead of me but she's a lot smaller than me anyway & it is actually my 4th pregnancy this time round even though I've only got 1 child. 

12 weeks scan next Tuesday. Dying to know that all is ok. Xx

• Today i feel hungry every 30 mins and yet i don't feel like eating most of the things. Just been talking soups and porridge and eating some fruits. I guess i am feeling hungry frequently because i am not eating much solid stuff. I also feel my tummy is so congested today, i don't know if the dress i am wearing.

A few minutes ago i tried to steal a quick nap at my desk and a colleague woke me up. I was just beginning to enjoy it :)

Hubby just sent me a few picks of prams but i didn't fancy them :). We haven't really looked at anything at all. I guess we will start looking seriously after we do the gender scan in 11 days. I think i will go crazy with shopping after that :)

• Tinkerbell i totally understand that feeling of not wanting to eat anything at all. And yet if you don't you feel off and so weak. Its such a struggle.

• I'm the opposite at the moment with eating. Went off food at the beginning, but now I'm eating more than ever. put on 3 stone with my son, so I don't want to make the same mistake this time. i still haven't lost all of my baby weight from him. But... Just want to eat Lol. 

im not too sure on Prams. I have a beautiful one already. But it's so bulky! Don't think I want to use it with 2 children. I want an easy one to fold away. we shall see. 

I put my scan on a "Nub" website, sonograpers and experts comment On the gender prediction. They all said boy. so I'm 100% sure I'm having a boy. Although my husband still won't find out sex at the 20 week scan. X 

• I like the oyster pram! Hoping to keep gender a surprise and really liked it with the grey colour pack which will be lovley for both! I've just had the best news that my best friend is pregnant early days for her as only 6 weeks which makes her 7 weeks behind me but what an amazing thing to be able to share with ur best friend so exciting. What prams are you all liking? Xx

• Hey guys. I've been on nights at work.....such hard work, don't know how I'm going to do it with a big bump! i at want to eat anything and everything now sickness has gone. Got a horrible cold at the moment, so feeling sorry for myself today! 

Weve been looking at prams. They are so so expensive!! .....well, compared to 13 years ago when I last had a pram! I really like the icandys, got my eye on a grey one too. I'm not sure if we'll spend that much on one, but we would use it again for any babys in the future, so might invest! 

Gandborne.....which website was that? Not that I want to know.....but would be interesting to see if it's right! I keep analysing my scan pics, but I really don't know. Just got a feeling it's a boy. 

• It's called ingender.com, I had a surprise for my first and it was amazing. But I want to be organised this time. But  yhis time will be a surprise as my husband won't find out. However I believe in the Nub theory so know it's a boy (if you get me). I'm going with that lol. Keeps me sane X 

• I haven't even looked at prams yet. Won't buy anything until I'm passed the 12 week Mark. 

Last time someone i know was selling a pram with car seat & rain cover for £40, it was immaculate & I bought it. It was a fab pram but we sold it on because we have isofix in the car now so would want an isofix seat.

How does the nub theory work, interested to see if it was right with my little one. we had a surprise but finding out this time as if its a boy we have most things, if it's a girl I can get sKing & buying. X

• Hey Tinkerbell. You have to have the nub scanned firstly. Not all scan photos reveal the Nub.

this is is from the Internet "

Between 11-13 weeks, all babies are said to have a 'nub' between their legs called the genital tubercle, and according to this theory the angle of the nub will indicate whether it's a boy or girl"

i find ins it so interesting, and success rates tend to be higher than other wives tales etc. (From what I have read). 

I obvously have too much time on my hands,but for some reason.. The housework is always a struggle 😜

• I have unfortunately lost my baby. At our 12 week scan we found out he had anencephaly! We're absolutely heartbroken especially after the mc 6 months ago. This is the worst and hardest thing I've ever had to do. 

Good luck to the rest of the mamas for your pregnancies I hope you all have beautiful healthy babies. 

I became a mummy much sooner than I expected and unfortunately don't have my angel here with me. But we will always love our little baby forever. 

• Oh jenwilliams I'm so so sorry. Thinking of you at this awful time xx

• Oh Jenwilli4ms I'm so sorry for your loss

our thoughts are with you and family 

xxxx

• So so sorry to hear that Jen can only begin to imagine how u r feeling! Thoughts r with you and ur partner at this hard time xx

• Thanks Gandborne, it's really interesting. I'll have to look at old scan pics & see if I can make anything out. 

X

• Jen I'm so sorry to hear your news. 

Take care & good luck for the future. Thinking of you at this difficult time. X

• So so sad to read that, Jen. You'll be in my thoughts. Be kind to yourself and take care x

• Oh Jen, heartbreaking news. Thoughts are with you and your partner X