Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2017

Replies

• Not sure I've put this on right page sorry if I haven't xx

• Hi KR1, welcome to MadeForMums. Were you joining this thread for women due in August 2017 or would you like to make a new thread with your questions in? If so, click here on the Pregnancy section of the site, and then press the pink 'start a thread' button.

• Thank you how do I delete these off here please 

• Hi KR1, we don't have the option to delete posts yourself, but you can hit the Report button on the post and request for it to be deleted, but it's no problem leaving the posts here if you'd like? 

• Hi everyone. Found out yesterday I'm pregnant after trying for 4 months. The 4 tests I did say I'm 3-4 weeks. Just wondering how you are all going to handle the 'festive' season and avoiding alcohol without making it too obvious? I'm so not ready to tell anyone accept the hubby yet! x

• Hi momcat, its a hard one alright. You could always stock up on non alcoholic beer and wine and be drinking those so people think you are actually drinking. Or say you are on antibiotics for an ear infection or something (don't say kidney infection as apparently that's the one most pregnant women use and is obvious). Or have 7up when out and say its a vodka/Bacardi or something. Good luck with the pregnancy, how are you feeling?

• H Momcat, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations on your pregnancy! It's lovely to have you here. 

• Thanks sio39, some good tips there. I think sprite and passing it off as 'with vodka' is my best bet!!

im feeling ok at the moment. Just tired really. Been to the midwife today who roughly worked it out in 4weeks 4 days.

congrats on your pregnancy, try not to worry, just enjoy it. That's what I'm telling myself!! I'm 35 so am really nervous about it all. How are u feeling. Is this your 1st? Xxx

• Hi ladies, hope you're all keeping well. I have been suffering is horrendous morning sickness over the last few days, haven't been able to keep any food or water down for the past 2 days and have felt so down and (it sounds terrible) felt a little regretful about this much wanted pregnancy! so went to the doctors today. They took a urine sample and very nearly admitted me to hospital for IV fluids but agreed to try me on some medication first, I have both Buccastem and Phenergan. 

I'm feeling a lot more hopeful now and I've got everything crossed that the medication does the trick. I have read a lot online about people saying that their GP haven't been helpful or taken them seriously so I'm very relieved that mine did! 

How are you ladies holding up? 

• Hi Ladies,

Unfortunetly I had a miscarriage last week at just short of five weeks so I'll be leaving this group :(

Wish you all the best !!!

Hopefully I'll be back in another group soon

xxx

• Hi LauraPops, we are so sorry to hear your news. WE're going to drop you a PM now x

• Hi I took a first response yesterday which gave me this result.. Does it look like a faint positive? 

• Hi sophiaj yes that is a positive. Dont matter how bright the line is once there is 2lines its classed as positive. If you wish try doing another on today or in couple of days. Or do what i did and get a clear blue digitial one. I found out the day i was due that i was pregnant. Im now 7+2 days. Had my registration yesterday with mw. Got booking app on 9/1/17. Before that i am having another scan on 29/12/16 due to small spotting last week which stopped same day and not returned. I still have symptoms so im hopeful its still progressing. Ill know more next week. Hard not to worry about it. Hope all is well with you ladies.

Those ladies who havnt told anyone and want to remain it a secret. Tell people you are on metronidazole. They are an antibiotic used for a few places. Espically for teeth. You cant drink at all on them as they make you violently sick.

• Hi ladies 😁 I'm in the July 2017 group but had an early scan yesterday due to a bit of bleeding... and turns out bean is measuring at 6 weeks 4 days now so date has changed by a couple of weeks & I should be due mid August !! 

Hope you're all ok! I feel for all of you suffering with sickness!! This is the first couple of days I've been able to keep food and fluids down !! Xx

• Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing well in the run up to christmas! Im just wondering if any of you are vegetarians? If so id love to hear if your iron levels stayed high throughout previous pregnancies and how you found it.

Im a little worried because im not able to eat any iron rich veggies or high protein foods at the moment because they make me wanna throw up! Im sticking to weetabix, plain pasta, things like that. I am taking iron supplements though. I had decided just for the pregnancy I would try eat fish twice a week but havent been able to do it!

Would love to hear other veggies experiences! 

• We had our early scan this morning, all feels more real now! They said everything looks perfect and we saw the heart beat flickering away. I worked out that I'm 7+1 but they pushed it back 2 days so my new due date is 13th August, thought I'd share a couple photos! 

Merry Christmas eve mamas! image

• Welcome Smile - so glad you jumped over her - feel free to stay in both birth clubs if you like too! 

Boots409, what a fab scan pic and perfect just before Chrimbo - hooray! 

• Oh boots what a lovely picture and great Christmas presents. Hope you are feeling better and the tablets are helping. 

Smilelikeyouneanit. Glad you able to hold some foods down. 

Is everyone set for Christmas. It's hard to believe this time next year we will have little ones to enjoy it with 

• Thanks ladies. Sio, the tablets are working wonders! So pleased that the doctor helped me out! It's so exciting that next Christmas will be so different for us all! I'm off out to get last minute bits today as finally well enough to leave the house! ☺️ Hope you're doing well!!

Smile, if sickness gets bad again I highly recommend Phenergan!