Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in August 2017 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

13»

Replies

• So here's my birth story. Contractions started on my due date waited for my hubby to come home from work at 1 and went to hospital at two. They just did a ctg and checking my contractions as vaginally examination was impossible. Finally admitted to labour ward and had to be given epidural as 4 drs tried to examine but again too much pain. Epidural given and found was 7cm. Then an hour or two later had to start pushing had an episiotomy and tear so loads of stitches but all worth it for my beautiful baby girl born at 2 in the morning following day of her due date pain right now is unbelievable due to stitches n swelling 

• Congratulations girls!! 

• Oh mummytobe110, how are you feeling now? The after burn and pain from the stitches is so painful - we hope you're healing up now. And can we ask, what did you name your little girl?

To everyone who has posted their birth stories, please PM me your full name and address so we can send you your baby gift. 

•  congratulations to everyone who has there babies here hope ur all doing ok and keeping well

• imageHi ladies. So sorry I've not been on. It's all been a bit hectic and trying to settle into family life. Congrats on all the babies. They are just gorgeous 

I went in on the 3rd to he induced. They inserted tablet at 9am and said it would be left in for 24 hours. Walked the hospital all day. Got pains around 8pm. At midnight the tablet fell out  and when the inserted a new one said I hadn't dilated at all. Next tablet fell out again an hour later and they said they would leave me till the morning. At 6.30 they examined me and broke my waters and said I was 2cm. Moved me to labour ward. And put me on drop to speed things up. Said it would be a goodv11 hours though. At around 8.30/9 pains started badly so they out me on gas and air. They kept coming all the time then with jo rest so by about 9.30 I was crying for epidural. They came to do that and about 10am whilst trying discovered I was 7cm. Finally got epidural in after three goes and I was 8.5. They said then as they had trace on that something was wrong as heartbeat kept dropping but after contractions not during. By 10.30 I was 10cm abd they knew something was seriously wrong so rushed for emergency c section. Because I had gotten to 10cm he was very far down in my pelvis and had also turned so was back to back and stuck. It ended up with lots of screaming of how they had to get him out. A bigger cut been done on me. They knocked a blood vessel on me doing this but eventually got him out. The stitching up took a long time because of vessel. They also discovered a true knot in his cord which was cutting off the oxygen to him with every contraction. If I had of gone into labour naturally it would have been a different ending that doesn't bear thinking about. So pretty traumatic experience. But he's here now safe and sound and that's all that matters xx

• Wow sio, that's must have been really traumatic - you doing ok? We hope your wound is healing too? We hope Cian is doing great as well. 

Hi everyone else too! Just to let you know, we've just kicked off the brand new August 2017 Babies thread where you can carry on chatting. Please do share some new baby pics, let us know how you're coping with your newborn, and how the feeding is going. We would love to hear from you. 

Here's the link again. 

Hi Ladies, I would like you all to meet Xavier Leland the little man who caused me so much hassle and kept me in hospital for 10 days. Because he wanted to float around in his excess fluid and not get head down for me, one minute he was down then up then down.  So they monitored his lie in hospital several times a day, eventually he turned on the 10th and stayed that way for 24 hours so the decision was made that I would be induced as planned just with him the right way.  As the original plan was an ecv to turn him and break my waters so he couldn't turn back but at the last minute he did it anyway, so I went to the labour suite at half 11 had a cannula inserted as I have had issues in previous birth with bleeding afterwards my waters were then broken at 12:30 and I was sent for a wander to try to bring on my contractions which by 9pm there was little happening just very weak close contractions,  so I was put on a syntocinon drip to help them along and boy did that work by midnight I was ready to push.  So once the midwife was ready gas and air in hand I began to push and Xavier was born at 12:35am weighing 8lb 10ozs,  so they said although I queried this as he seems so small lol. But no bleeding followed and I had a superficial tear which for the first time didn't require stitches. His sisters are so in love with him like little mother hens as are we all my hubby has wanted a boy for sooo long and although this was our first unplanned pregnancy I wouldn't change him for anything. Well I'd like our dads to have met him but we lost them both in 2015. Oh and I was home at 3pm sat afternoon, I couldn't wait after 10 days in hospital. X

• Oh Beki, what an ordeal - 10 days is SOOOO long in hospital - we bet you are so happy to be home! Xavier is perfect - congratulations! (And don't forget to PM me your full name and addy)

• imageimageimage

Hi ladies, 

Our baby boy Lachlann James was born by CS at 14:31 on August 17th. The whole process was handled so well and the care in the hospital before, during and after has been exceptional.

Lachlann was taken to the special care baby unit approximately 45 mins after birth as he was struggling to breathe easily and he was gurgling up bubbles. They were concerned he had a chest infection so did an X-ray and bloods - thankfully all tests have come back clear. He is improving by the hour and will hopefully be released from the unit on Saturday if all continues to progress. He is very strong, already living up to his name which means warrior.

I am recovering well, the first few hours were the worst as I was bed bound and couldn't go to be with my little boy. My husband has been incredible however, showing strength I didn't know he had, and running over and back between us both. I finally got to see him at 23:00 and he looked so much healthier than he did after the birth. 

Love to you all & i will keep you updated on progress xx

• Wow AmberN8, that is the most incredible picture!!! Congratulations! We hope you're healing well and Lachlann is improving all the time. So glad all is well Amber

• Congratulations everyone all of your babies are beautiful 😍

• So heres our story 

I had contractions every 10 mins from 4 oclock in the morning then had a bloody show on wednesday the 16th at 12 oclock dinner time i spent all day getting contractions 10 mins apart i went to bed that night and got woke up with contractions at 4 oclock every 8-10 mins apart i went for a bath where things quickly esculated and contractions started coming every 4 mins i waited then out at home till 5 as my partner was at work ... i went to the hospital and was checked at 10 to 6 and i was already 4cm dilated my bp was very high and was getting checked by the doctor pains was irregular and they said they wouldnt check me again till 10oclock the pains was getting worse and my back was hurting so much as i have siatica so had gas and air lyra was born at 8.28 and weighing 7lb 1oz x image

• is that everyones babies now 

• Congratulations Youngmum, Lyra is absolutely gorgeous!
    darcy123, apart from a few ladies who've not been around for a while, we think that might be everyone! Please do all head over here to your new August 2017 Babies thread .

• Hi all, if you have posted your birth story here, please don't forget to send me your address and full name via PM.

We've also closed the Due in August 2017 thread now, so please do come and update us over here on your new August 2017 Babies thread .