Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• you must be excited to see buba again Kgraham !! :) hope it went ok!? & feeling movement is just amazing isn’t it, especially when it’s just you that can feel baby for a while, such a special time. I feel like that’s when the bonding with bump can really start! 

Im feeling my baby girl lots to. I’m 19 weeks and have my 20 week scan next Thursday! Am excited to. When i was pregnant with my son, the placenta was at the front so his kicks were hidden for a long time and I couldn’t feel him as much. This time it’s at the back! and I’m feeling wiggles and turns and all sorts. It’s very different this time round. 

• Danielle I'm having a boy..... the only boy so far in this group.... everyone else is girls so far lol 

Stephlauren it's brilliant feeling the movement, my placenta is at the back too. Scan went really well. All measurements add up ECT xx

• Hello everyone :-)

im new to this thread. I’m pregnant with My first child. Due 8th August. Exciting times! I don’t want to know the gender until baby is born, however just worried that baby shower gifts won’t be as fun and cute because the gender is unknown. Hope everyone is well!

• Kgraham glad your scan went well iv got mine when im nearly 22 weeks as well. Iv not felt all that much movement, have felt some but same with my son I didnt feel the flutters too much just the more obvious kicks/punches. Cant wait to feel her move loads. 

StephLauren its so nice to have that between just you and your baby isnt it, has your whole pregnancy been totally different this time round? 

Welcome Kirarose818 - congratulations. Hows your pregnancy so far. We didnt find out with our first and people got some lovely gender neutral clothes which were so cute. So I wouldnt worry about that xxx

• Hi Kirarose818, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations - lovely to have you here! 
    Also, if Must be Mad is lurking, just to let you know we're thinking of you. 

• Hi everyone, we're announcing the winners of the MadeForMums Awards 2018 tomorrow and also giving peeps the chance to win a fabulous iCandy Peach buggy too. 
    Head to Latest Posts to find out more! 

• Hi Kira, welcome and congrats! I didn’t find out the gender either but have had some gorgeous little gender neutral bits from friends already and I’ve got mum Mum on strict instruction to go crazy on the new Peter Rabbit baby clothes in Mothercare when little one relveals all in a few months time!!!

Does anybody else get this tightening sensation over their tummy (upper more than lower) when they laugh or have a sneezing fit. It happened this morning when my husband made me laugh and my tummy went all hard and poked out. It went away pretty quickly tho and wasn’t painful, just abit odd!

• Can't say i have had that feeling KMH. 

Hope you lovely ladies are all keeping well.

18 weeks to go 💙💙💙💙 ...... it's flying in. 

• Kgraham glad scan went well. Feels like forever until mine, not until 11th April.

i won't be having a baby shower personally. Definitely not something to be worried about ! x

• I'm not having a baby shower either lozzyben but my MIL is organizing a wet the babies head party lol for us girls once baby comes 😀😀😀 another few weeks for you to wait until your Scan, it will be here before you know it. My other sons keep me busy so that's probley why I feel it's flying in. 

• Hey everyone new to this forum 😊

Expecting our first little bundle of joy on 18th August and don't think we will be finding out the gender. 

Hope everyone is feeling well 😊

• Hey welcome Nic2k18 ! Congratulations. Ah that's nice were not finding out either. 

Kgraham thats a lovely idea , think it is much nicer everyone can meet the baby and celebrate. Xxx

• Congratulations nic2k and welcome 😀

Yes lozziebem it will be nice...... daddy will be on night feeds that night lol 

• Aww kgraham I still Have 20 weeks to wait I’ll be induced at 38 weeks so that’s always something to look forward to. Am definitely feeling baby move a lot more now it’s such a strange feeling I have my 29 week scan in 2 weeks so not long till I see baby girl again then we’ll see her every 3-4 weeks after that. 

sorry haven’t been on much with everything going on but am feeling a lot less stressed now my partner is away for a while at his mums giving me space and I am getting some help with money off parents and government just now so am more relaxed. congrats nick2k your due on my mums birthday she was hoping I would be due then but am just a few days later than that lol.

• Kmh27 - I havent had that feeling yet.

Kgraham when you put it like 18 weeks to go... That sounds so soon. Exciting but we have so much to do still with the house.. Haha great idea for the girls to go out and wet the babys head! 

Lozzyben we wont do a baby shower either. 

Welcome nic2k and congratulations! 

Lizzielouise sorry to hear you have been stressed but glad your more relaxed now. 

Anyone who has not found out the gender have a feeling on what they are having?? Or looked at the old wives tales? Xxxx

• Vonnie123 how is the house coming along ? What are you on with at the moment ? 

I have a feeling it's a girl , my husband thinks boy ! When we last heard the heartbeat we tried to listen to it to give an idea on the gender but couldnt make it out ! So we shall see ! 💗💙xx

• Hello ladies,

Just catching up on the wonderful posts. Very exciting and lovely bump photos ❤️.

I am now 18 weeks, unfortuntaley at my 12 week scan baby wasn’t in the right position for any measurements so they recommended the quad blood tests at 16 weeks. I had the results on Monday and I am classed as ’high risk’ because my UE3 was low at 0.34MoM. I had an in depth ultrasound with two doctors on Wednesday and there are no soft tissue markers, we opted for the Harmony blood tests rather than the amniocentesis and should have the results in 7 days. 

Its a very nerve wracking time, amazing to see baby again - lots of movement and yawning! 

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience? 

x

• Congrats and welcome happy thoughts, a few weeks ago my triple blood tests came back as high risk for downs 84-1. Like yourself I opted for the nipt test rather than the amino. After nearly 2 weeks of waiting I got the results back........ all good and nothing wrong with baby 😀💙😀💙. 

The waiting is the worst bit.....every day seems like forever. I totally understand what you are going through xx

• Ah, thank you so much Kgraham. The wait is definitely the hard part. 

I’m glad the nipt test will be available on the NHS from October. 

Fingers crossed everything is ok and little one is contining to grow and thrive. 

We have our 20 week scan in 2 weeks, it will be nice to see him/her again.

I‘m sure lots of people must get a positive result. I’m not sure I’d have the quad tests again as it wouldn’t make a difference to our decision but increases the worry! x

• Happy thoughts, how are you holding in there on the long weight for the results? Do you know what you are having?