Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Congratulations helscee 💙💙 he is beautiful 💙💙💙

• Congratulations helscee what a little cutie 💕 hope you are well. 

a tiny two days til my due date now. Everyone including my midwife thought she would be here by now 😬 I’ve just sort of put it to the back of my mind now though. Knowing that she should be here in the next two weeks.... she’s a big mover in there, I think she’s been having a party this past week 😬 I’m so excited to hold my little life 💕

• Well girls I have a major infection in my womb they wanted me in hospital but compromised on strong antibiotics and to stay with my mum for a few days so she can help with baby. Hopefully they work and I can start to feel better just felt like I can’t recover at all and it’s been so hard on my own so there taking the baby tonight to let me sleep but am to used to getting up so don’t know if I will sleep lol. 

How is everyone 

• Kathkenzplus1 - only 2 days till due day how exciting. My girl moves so much as well. Though as shes so big now they are quite uncomfy but i know i will miss it when shes out. I love the movements. Have you had any signs or niggles labours on its way? 

Lizzie im sorry you have a womb infection. You must feel rubbish! Good that your staying with your mum. Hope the antibiotics work quick for you and you get some rest. Hows your little girl coping in the heat? 

Xxx

• Thanks vonnie. We have been lucky today is the first hot day we have had since she was born and she seems comfy enough in her babygrow but then where we are it’s never to hot anyway lol 

• Where abouts do you live lizzie? Thats good its not been too hot with you. Im really hoping it cools off here a bit. I havent brought a double buggy. My cunning plan 😂 was to carry new baby in carrier and use buggy for my toddler. Untill he old enough for a buggy board. Are you feeling better? 

Hows everyone else getting on? Xxxx

• I live in Angus in Scotland vonnie.

still feel rubbish went to the doctors yesterday and have a major womb infection he wanted me back in hospital for a antibiotic drip but I begged him not to. So on his words am now at my parents house for a few days so they can help with Eloise and give me total rest to let these antibiotics kick in I just hope it clears soon if not then I will have to go back to hospital. 

I have a sling but don’t have a clue how to use it lol. Am going to wait until am better and my friend who just had her baby 3 months ago is a pro at using them so she will teach me lol they seem so much easier to use specially easier than a double buggy anyway xx

• Lizzie - that Sounds really nasty I hope you recover soon!

vonnie - I’m excited now because i know for definate she will be here within the next two weeks. It’s exciting trying to guess when her birth date will be!! Hoping to go within the next 10 days as it’s my birthday on the 15th and my boy really would like me to be home and I know I’ll have to stay for at least 48 hours after she is born 😬 how far along are you now? 

I literally can’t do any more cleaning etc. Everythings been done for baby weeks ago but I steamed some of her stuff today and around her stuff. keeps redoing my washing to make sure I don’t have any left. Even washing things like curtains... washed all my windows this mornin. Did loads of ironing scrubbed the fridge and microwave, now they look new 😬. I’ve been for a walk for a couple of miles too. I’ve had my whole entire phone book message or call today to ask if there is any sign of baby 🤨 that’s one thing that’s getting to me now.... 

Ive only got one question to ask you girls I don’t know if you’ll know the answer, right around my belly button is really really tender I’ve been getting like shooting pains there but not enough to say that they’re coming every something minutes. Could this be BH? Early stages of labour? Or just a stretched to the Max belly?? X

• Ahh lizzie your in scotland. Good thats its cooler there for you. Hope those antibiotics are kicking in and your managing to rest at your mums. Luckily i used the carrier with my boy i used to carry him everywhere so have had a bit of practice they can be so confusing though. Thats helpful to have a friend whos a pro 😁 

Kath - so exciting she will defo be here in 2 weeks im 38+5 so not too long either. Really hoping she will be here sooner than later though. Ready to meet her now. Your house sounds soooo clean. I have done as much as i can but i feel as soon as i tidy something my 17 month old pulls it all out again 😂 oh no that sounds annoying about everyone messaging. You would think they know you would let them know when babys here. I dont know about what the shooting pains could be in your tummy button. Doesnt sound like b.hicks... Maybe your body gearing up for labour. Has any more happened today of the tummy shooting pains? Xxx

• Aww thanks for the lovely messages! We are just about getting used to the dust settling over here, it seems mad that I technlocally went into labour a week ago today! 

Sorry to hear about your infection Lizzie, that must be so annoying when you’re just starting to get into the rhythm of things. Hope you manage to get some rest at your mums.

kathkenz that does sound promising! Fingers crossed it’s not too long for you now. 

Hope you all are doing okay in the heat, I honestly feel so much cooler now it’s crazy! Looking forward to hearing some more gorgeous August baby arrivals soon! 

I finally managed to post my birth story on the August birth announcement thread if anyone fancies a read, it’s really long as I am also writing it for a sorta diary thing so just copied that, sorry! 

• Thanks guys 

been on the antibiotics since Friday and woke today and my stitches finally feel like there starting to heal the pain down there has gone and I feel like a new woman again lol. The stomach is still a bit tender but am sure by the time the tablets are finished that will have gone. Am definitely starting to feel more like myself again had 3 good nights sleep as my amazing mum has taken baby in with her the past 3 nights but am feeling like it’s time to go back home today and start doing it all myself again. 

i Have the health visitor the day only met her 4 weeks ago bet she wasn’t expecting to see me this quick lol she was at least expecting to wait 2 months lol but baby had other ideas in coming early. 

Helscee you take it easy specially with been stitched its uncomfortable for a while but honest it gets better defo have a nice hot bath everyday to keep it clean but it also gives you so much relief to I found this a god send just sitting in the water for about 10 mins giving them a good clean. 

• Hey ladies. After having that pain for a couple of days around and above my belly button it isnt so bad now thankfull. I think it was more stretching pains as I’ve had lots of comments on how my tummy has sprinted a little more this past week 😬 40+1 and no sign of baby. No matter what the temperature tomorrow I’ve told my mum she’s coming over for a hot curry 😉

went for a walk earlier today and have been gettjng quite amused. Bump has been getting lots of attention. I get asked what I’m having and how long I’ve got left, when I say EDD was yesterday peoples faces were dropping and a few bluntly said we’ll carry on walking then 😂😂 it was great!! I was getting treated like a ticking time bomb. 

After all those niggles a few weeks back I’ve had no other signs baby is on her way. I don’t mind though 😌 just gets us more and more excited. All my friends predictions say she will make an appearance Wednesday 😆

• Aww kathken 

you must be getting fed up waiting though they get far to comfy in there lol. Yeh walking did the job for me you will have to get a picture of your bump for us to see I honestly wasn’t very big at all I have a picture taken the day before I went into labour and my bump is so low I should of guessed I was about to pop. Fingers crossed your friends are right and you only have to wait till Wednesda. 

Here was my last bump picture before she was born 3 days later 

• I was fed up now I’m a little passed that 😬 she’s really comfy, proper little wriggler 😬 I’ve walked miles and miles and nothing’s shifted her. Nearly two weeks ago the midwife said she was guaranteed not to be in my belly by this Thursday for the sweep. But so far I’m still heRe 😌 I’m ready for Wednesday now. Not before 😆 actually really nervous to meet her 💕image40 weeks bump taken last night 

• Lovely bump photos ladies. 

Kath eekk wedneday maybe tomorrow for you then if your friends are right. Yes strangers can be funny cant they... 😂 just keep walking!! 

How are you feeling lizzie? Glad your stiches are on the mend. Did you go home in the end? 

Helscee sounds like you had such a long labour but the photos are so sweet of yiur little boy!! 😍 how are you doing? 

I woke at 3am to period cramps. They havent gone and are comming every 10 mins also lost my mucus plug this morning and have had diahoreea so hoping this is the start of labour. Kind if want it to progress now been having 9 hours of these cramps... Cant really rest with them or sleep as they are keeping me up. 

Hope everyone else is ok xxxxxxx

• vonnie I went and stayed with mum for a few days and she helped with baby but went home last night as starting to feel so much better now. 

Oh sounds exciting you could maybe have a baby today or tomorrow Try walking that will speed the contractions up more. 

Little one had a rough night she is really constipated so going to change her milk like the health visitor advised and hopefully that will help her. Just feel so Guilty when she is in so much pain as there isn’t really much I can do to help her hopefully the new milk will do the job. 

Vonnie keep us posted fingers are crossed for you xx

• Ahh thanks Lizzie yes warm baths are amazing! My mum bought me some healing bath bubbles for post-labour too which I think is really helping! I also caved and bought the spritz for bits so my down below is feeling quite pampered at the moment haha. Hope your little one is feeling better soon, it really is horrible when you can’t make things better for them but I’m sure lots of mummy cuddles are making it all better. 

Ohh your bumps are so lovely! I’m a bit sad as I didn’t take a bump photo for ages and now I miss it, it’s a strange feeling! 

Vonnie that sounds really promising! That’s how mine started, fingers crossed for you ☺️

Kathken I hope your little one doesn’t keep you waiting too much longer! It’s almost Wednesday!! 

We had George weighed again today and he’s almost back at his birth weight already, the boy loves his food bless him! 

• Vonnie hope this is it for you Too. IVe been feeling strange was getting pains 20mns apart lastnight and beeen walking a lot today. I’m now   At home alone as little one has gone to my mums til Friday hoping something will happen. I’ve been getting a weird sensation like someone is twisting a knife up there 😬 can’t stop peeing feeling sick and light headed so I’m not sure if this will develop. Secretly wishing that pain on myself just to get it over with. I’ve been pretty emotional since my boy went so hormones are everywhere. Going to bounce on the ball after my bath hoping it will help with the pain a little 

• Hope everyones ok 

We had our little girl last night at 10.32. Enya Rose is her name. Shes perfect. Home now Straightforward labour and lots of stiches needed again. But totally in love. image xxxxxxxx

• Aww vonnie she is just Beautiful 

Congratulations it’s great seeing all these babys Coming into the world