Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Oh Vonnie, congratulations, Enya is perfect! Please do come and tell us how your birth went down on this thread. We'd love to hear all about it. 

• Absolutely beautiful vonni. Congratulations xxx

• Congratulations vonnie, she is a wee beaut 💟💟💟 what weight was she? Xx

• Awwww Vonnie she is so gorgeous!! Love her name. Congratulations, glad you guys are home and doing well! 

• Hey ladies!! 

im currently counting Down the hours til my sweep . I was really hoping i wouldnt have to have one this time. 

Ive been having BH for days and woken this morning with a strange feeling in my back/tailbone. Feels like theyve been separated from the rest of my body 😬 sort of looking forward to the sweep so i can find out how many cm I am. think it would be really sweet if bubs was born tomo as my boy is 5th April. She would be 10th Aug and I’m on the 15th 😁

hope everyone has a lovely day and everyone’s babies as good too 

• Aww kathken fingers crossed this sweep sets everything off and you get to meet the little one soon. 

We had a sleep over last night with my mum had a girly night as her partner was at the Edinburgh tattoo was great to just have a bit of pampering and relaxing. It’s amazing after having a baby how much you enjoy  little things in life. 

• Kathkenz I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! Hope the sweep kicks things into action. 

Lizzie that sleepover sounds like a dream! I know what you mean about the little things, I’m just beginning to remember what a hot cup of tea is like and it is so good lol. 

George is feeding like a maniac, he’s been cluster feeding in the evenings and last Night wanted to feed every hour or so, usually he’s been a bit more spaced out up to now especially over night so I’m hoping that’s not going to last! 

Hes a week old already today. Cannot believe that. He’s changed so much already! 

• Thanks girls!! Looking forward to be sharing stories like you guys are 😌 they sound so good!! I’m hoping I’ll like normal tea again after she’s born as I’ve had total aversion to anything  milk in it, and every meat but chicken for the past 5 months 😬 sounds quite tough helscee! can’t believe it’s been a week already 😁

• Helscee yeh my friend went through that and it’s hard. I have to say am very lucky the little one is every 3 hours during the day feeds and on a night she will sleep upto 4 hours I must have it really good. 

Kathken I went off crisps and takeaway food when I was pregiant and I still cannot stomach them now either I was so excited to get one after I had her but the thought still puts me off 😩 

eloise is 2 weeks and 2 days old now and it’s true they change so much so quick wish time would slow down. 

• Kathleen I really hope the sweep works for you. I went off tea around 8 weeks pregnant, tried a cup of tea last Friday and took 1 sip and down the sink it went. Do think That's me off tea now for life. 

Helscee I hope your wee man settles soon for you. My Matty is 3 weeks and his sleep pattern isn't great. Most of the times he is up every 2 hours, he has silent reflux and is now on omperzole.... not sure if that is spelt right. My partner is great and does is fair share of the night feeds so that's a really big help to me. 

I'm going to go down to mother care today and get Matthew a sleeping bag. He is a very squirmy baby so always manages to kick his blankets off at night. I used sleeping bags with my other 2 sons but I think they were a bit older when I started using them so gonna see if they have ones to fit Matty in stock. 

• Hope sweep went well kath. Thanks all for lovely messages. 

Sorry had little sleep last 3 nights havent had much chance to catch up. Her weight was 7.15 kgraham. Boots sell newborn grow bags which i use they r fab. 

Helscee same with feeding every hour last 2 nights... Milks come in today so hoping it will fill her more. 

Lizzie 4 hours is fab. Cant wait for that my son did that so i was lucky with him. 

Will post birth story when i get bit more time for youvladies. Kath everything crossed for youvxxxxxxxx 

Little mans in love bless themimage

• Kgraham these r ones we have quite expensive 20 quid but was worth it lasted us 5 months i think....image u can use as swaddle or arm out we do arms out xxx

• Awe Vonnie what a gorgeous photo! That must have been such a lovely moment when they met! 

I had an aversion to takeaways too! Mostly pizza and pasta type things really, I’m still not really fancying one. Don’t think I could cope without tea though, crikey you girls, how do you do it! 

Kgraham we bought a couple of swaddle pods for George, they’re brill as you just zip them into it and it’s like swaddling plus they’re a bit lighter than a sleeping bag for these hot nights, first night we did it George slept really well so I would definitely recommend them, I got it off amazon but think they do sell them in motherCare! 

Kathkenz keep us updated!! Hope your sweep went well

• kgraham, I’ll have to think about where to get my ceffeine fix from 😬

Had the sweep not long before 12 and she said my cervix was a ’good 2cm‘ and I was almost fully effacated so I was happy enough with that 😬 the cervix was slightly posterior so she said she pulled it forward too. I forgot how uncomfortable all that was 😬 

she booked me in for another sweep next Thursday and induction day is next Friday if theres nothing.

ive been on my feet since I’ve had it done and feel like I’m on a period, feel so heavy down there. Just been to the loo and I have a little brown discharge, does anyone know if this Means it’s worked? feeling A bit tired so going to go for A nap with baby girl jiggling all over the place 😬

what a beautiful picture vonnie!! So cute!!

looks like I need to order one of these swaddle things girls 👌🏻

• Kathken that sounds like your mucus plug may have went is it slightly blood tinged at all. 

How exciting 2 cm fingers crossed all the walking will help things along and there will be no need for another sweep . 

Oh girls I read that sleeping bags weren’t durable for newborns but if use are all using them and they help I think I might have to get one now and give it a try because my little one wakes herself up moving about so suppose the swaddle would stop that happenin. 

Many tips on constipation in little ones I have tried water and she spits it out and tried changing milk and she refused to drink it I feel at a total loss and feel so bad as she screams in pain. If she is no better tomorrow am calling the health visitor to see if I should go to the doctors with her it’s so upsetting to see her in pain 

• Lizzie Louise I got sleeping bag today, bloody £26. My wee man is the same for kicking blankets off so I will let you know tomorrow how he gets on tonight. As for constipation my wee man suffers awful. Like you he hates the water but it has defo worked for him. I give him an ounce of water a day. When he wakes and is really hungry that's when I give him the water for he is less likely to spit it out because he is hungry he takes a good few gulps before he realises. I do this a few times a day..... works out about an once or two but it really does help. He was so bad with constipation and his poo was so hard that his daddy actually had to help pull the poop out.... tmi I know. Was horrible to see him in pain. 

• Kathken that’s exaxtly how I started First time round. Had sweep Monday morning, stretched to a 2. Mucus plug cane away all day and had period type pains. Woke at midnight to conTraction’s And had him on the Tuesday at 8.30 pm. So sounds like this is hopefully it for you. Fingers crossed x

• Thanks kgraham will give that a try then and hopefully will help I honestly feel so guilty because I cant help her out. 

Oh yeh let me know how he gets on tonight.

biught some baby monitors today so at least I can now watch her when am busy around the house puts my mind at ease a little now. Now I just need to work out how to use it lol but the instructions seems easy enough. 

Have any of use started to try a routine at night has it worked yet am trying to have her in bed at a certain time each night to get her used to a bed time it’s not working so far but hoping that in the long run it will plus I like a early bed time to lol 

• My boy loves a wee bath in the kitchen sink lol 💙💙💙💙💙