Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Aww kgraham managed to get water down her and she has just finally went poop never been so happy to see poop haha 😂.

omg he is adorable my girl loves a sink bath to it’s so much easier than filling the baby bath lol 

• Tbh I never bought a baby bath, this is my 3rd son .... 4th if you include my stepson which I always do .... so a baby bath was never on the list. Can't beat the kitchen sink lol. Lizzie I'm so glad to hear that she has pooped. I know exactly how you feel. Ps so far the sleep I g bag has gone down well!!!!! Xx

• Oh I defo might have to invest in one for her then am just waiting to give her her feed trying to make her last till at least half 11 as she only got fed 2 hours ago but think she has emptied herself a little lol.

i never bought a baby bath I was given one off a friend but it’s just a pain and my mum used to always bath me and my brother in the sink so I just do the same lol

• You are defo right there about the kitchen sink 😁😁😁

My wee man is quite a gurny baby to be honest but tonight he has settled so far for over 2 hours, so me and other half have enjoyed the relaxing time with face masks and a movie 😀 I defo think the sink bath and sleeping bag have worked wonders but time will tell tonight x

• Aww that’s so good kgraham having a nice relaxing few hours. i tried wrapping her up tight After her feed that she finished at half 11 and that’s her just awake at half 3 so think she would defo benefit from a sleeping bag to 

• Girls im intrigued! Which bag did yous get? Ive tried swaddlibg tonight and defo settled rosie better! 

• M&S do some little sleeping bags, we have a couple of those and also a grobag one! We haven’t used them yet as they are all high tog and it’s been too warm so stuck with the swaddle pod and we have s grobag swaddle too which is quite handy as you just Velcro them in, I’m rubbish at swaddling! They are great though. 

Well the little man fed from 8pm - midnight then 1am - 4am last night and has been feeding for an hour now, I think he’s definitely going through a growth spurt bless him! Who needs sleep 😂

• It's not as warm over here at the moment so I have a 2.5tog sleeping bag for Matty. I got one out of mother care. Well girls he slept the best he ever has last night. Now usually my son is up every 2 hours..... so hoping for the best I took him out for a walk in his pram.... then home and a bath in his bedtime stuff, then bedtime talc.... bottle and in to sleeping bag... He slept 09:30pm- 12:30am 12:45am-4:20am 435am-7:30am. For my wee man that is an awesome night and the best night he had had so far 😀😀😀

I would defo recommend a sleeping bag, especially if you have a squirmy baby like I have. I also feel great for having sleep!!!

I got the little bird sleeping bag 2.5tog by jools oliver ( cheaper than mother cares own ) it is 0-6 months and suits baby from 8.8lb. I'm not sure what weight Matty is now but I know he is defo in the 8lb's. 

• Oh wow Kgraham that’s fab!! I bet you feel like a new woman. Wish it wasn’t so hot here so we could get George into his. I might get another one that’s not as high tog and give it a go.

do you keep his arms out or in? George likes throwing his arms around but the swaddle pod kind of traps his arms in so im wondering if that is making him a bit restless too. 

• Kgraham that sounds like a great night from every 2 hours. 

Little miss slept from 11:30-3:30 then 4-7:45 was a great night for her. 

Managed to get a little more water down her today will try again later try get her to poop more regular going to try giving her belly a little massage after her bath tonight but we have a baby shower to go to first but only staying an hour. 

• Helscee I kept his arms out, you can get sleeping bags from 1 tog. Matty sounds like your George..... quite squirmy.  I feel fab today 😀 😀

Lizzie your wee one slept great too.... I'm hoping Matthew sleeps well tonight again. The water defo helps. How did the baby shower go? 

• Thanks Kgraham I’ll have a look for one of those! It is a bit cooler today so might try it tonight.

George is absolutely on a roll with feeding today! He had two hours between 8:30 and 10:30 where he slept on hubby but I’ve been breastfeeding him literally none stop since then and he’s still going! I honestly feel like I’m going mad, I’ve only been able to leave the sofa to go to the loo twice and he screamed and screamed until I put him back on. I really hope this is just a phase he’s going through after the last few nights too 😬. Has anyone else been through this? Please tell me there’s an end! 

• Helscee, Arthur cluster feeds to get my supply up I think and sometimes just because he can and wants the comfort I think. Cluster feeding has worked tho as I expressed before a feed today as I felt like my boob might explode and he was busy snoozing. I got 90ml in about 5 mins and then fed him off the same boob when he woke up and there was still plenty in there. It’s pretty tiring tho when they’re on all the time, but kind of nice because it’s all cosy baby cuddles.

• Ohh thank you KMH you made me feel better about it! I do like the cosy baby cuddles. He’s still going so it’s been about 10 hours of constant feeding now. I’m sure he must be ready to sleep soon! He’s fallen asleep once or twice but only for about 5 mins before he’s back on it again. I’m really dreading overnight as I feel like he’s just not going to go down at all.

I’m hoping I can express eventually as that will hopefully mean I can hand over at least one of the feeds and get a bit more sleep! That’s really good to hear that you got chance to express and feed today. Fingers crossed it gets easier.

• Oh bless you that does sound tiring! Well done tho! He should have knackered himself out with all that feeding so hopefully you get some decent rest tonight! My little man has been napping for about 3 hours now, which means he’s going to have a couple of active hours before he settles down for bedtime. 

No harm in starting to express now if you want to  so you can start stock piling for when you do decide to combi feed. I’m hoping to express once every other day so I have a good frozen supply for bottle feeds and/or weaning. I’ve decided I’m not up for feeding once teeth make an appearance lol my nipples have been through enough! 

• Ah thanks KMH! It’s now been 12 hours 🙄can’t believe he’s still got it in him! Might ring the midwives in the morning if he doesn’t stop as I’m a bit worried about him not sleeping. Sounds like it’s fairly common for growth spurts though! 

Will definitely give expressing a go once this irons out! aftee today I really can’t wait to have another option in there! 

• Yeh she did kgraham. Baby shower was good was nice to get out other than my mums house and see friends again. 

Helscee am not breast feeding but my friend is and her little boy was the same for a few weeks he was constantly on her boob but it has eased off and she has a great stick pile in her freezer now. He is 12 weeks now and weighs 17 pounds so he is doing great. she Found it hard at first but it does get easier your doing great hun. 

my little one has decided today she wants fed every 2 hours all day so am hoping that she will sleep tonight and not do the same 

• oh thanks Lizzielouise that makes me feel better too! Great weight for a 12 week old, your friend must be really pleased after all that time breastfeeding! 

Maybe your little one is also growth spurting if she’s keen for a bottle, its hard when they are so demanding. 

I got my reward for all that yesterday, George just slept with Daddy for almost 5 hours straight, I had what feels like the best sleep ever!

• Helscee that’s fantastic he slept that long hopefully he might stick to taking long feeds all day and sleep good at night that would be great for you. 

Lucky she didn’t have me up every 2 hours it was every 3 so I can live with that one lol