Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

I owe you girls! Bought the summer infants snuggle pod and we slept in moses basket for the first time all night apart from 4 o clock feed xxx

• Options

That's brilliant bobble 😁 it's so good to hear us girls are finally getting a bit of sleep xx

• Options

Hey girls. Would love some advice if poss.

contractions on and off for a week but havent stopped this time yet.

they started around 8pm every 15-20 mins not painful. By 12 they were every 13 minutes a bit more obvious. I’ve woken at 2:30 and they’ve been coming ever 8-11 minutes increasing in pain as time goes on. At what point do I call the unit? I’m 25 miles away and my lift has ended up in hospital herself really ill so I’d most likely need an ambulance. Last pregnancy was 7 years ago and my mum did all the talking as I was still at home.

Glad it’s finally my turn. Only 7 days past EED 😌

• Options

Oh kathkenz how exciting!! Hope you’re holding up with the pains, I know how you feel about the long labour it’s so tough. 

I would call the unit now to let them know you are in regular contractions. They will tell you when you should go in or when you might need an ambulance. There’s no harm in calling them, I was told not to go in until contractions were 3-4 mins apart but we were only 10 mins from the hospital and we called them at least 4 times before we went! 

Good luck! How funny, I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you’re getting on! Hope everything goes okay. 

• Options

I phoned the unit at 6 due to contractions going to every 6 minutes after writing this. They said it was up to me but they don’t think it’s urgent just to get here for the birth as I’m high risk. 

Theyve been every 6- 8 minutes since and getting more intense. just reevaluating myself every hour thinking about when I should rea phone for that ambulance as phoning for one is an emergency nd feels like a really big step! I really don’t want them to send me home or just tell me I’ve dilated half a centimetre or something. 

ive been bouncing on the ball and I’m about to run a bath to see what happens from there.

• Options

Good luck Kath !!!! So exciting! 

Been reading and following what everyones up to but havent had much sleep. H.visitors or midwives keep comming everytime I have a nap !! Enya has been feeding every 2 hours but last night we finally had some 3 hour stints. She wont go back in her moses basket after her 2am wakino iv spemt half night cosleeping. I worry about rolling onto her but finding it hard to work out what else to do to get her resettled. Hard as i cn only really nap when my son does in the day so trying to get as much night sleep as poss. Hope everyones doing well 

Shall we have some photo updates? They change so fast in these early days! Xxxxxx

• Options

I wouldn’t worry about calling an ambulance Kathkenz, you are in labour it is a big enough emergency Either way! Do you have a community midwife who could come see you maybe? Hope your bath helps you out. 

Ah Vonnie that’s rough if you’re not sleeping. George is similar, he has only been sleeping a max of 2 or 3 hours at a time but we have had the occasional longer stint, this morning he slept from 4-8 so I even got a shower in before he woke up, hope Enya does that for you soon! Kudos to you doing all this with another little one, don’t know how you do it! Enya is gorgeous, she looks like a very happy baby! 

We are on the way to get George weighed, I’m very excited to see how much he’s put on after all his feeding frenzy over the last few days! 

• Options

image One of George’s many ‘Grumpy George’ face! Here he is in his sleeping bag too, he loves it!

• Options

Aww kathken how exciting keep us posted. 

I have to say Eloise sleeps 4 hours during the night then 3 during the day she is in loads of pain with constipation so going to ring the health visitor tomorrow as I have tried everything she has said so far and nothing is helping. 

Cant believe Eloise is 3 weeks old on Tuesday it’s crazy how much it’s flown by. 

She has changed so much in that time.

• Options

Helscee I love George’s grumpy face that’s so cute lol 

• Options

So who is still left to have babies 

• Options

I’m 39+2 with second. Had 4-5 very strong contractions in 20 mins and now nothing. Was really hoping it was something. Just feel weird now back ache and tiredness 

• Options

Aww Chloe hopefully it will progress soon how you feeling 

• Options

I’m 40 weeks today and no sign of baby 

have had cramping in the evening but that’s about it 

hoping baby will make an appearance this week 🤞🏾

• Options

Miss Jane how exciting hopefully baby will get a move on soon. 

Have you been booked in for a sweep or anything yet to see if that will get things moving. 

Hope you not to fed up yet 

• Options

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well :) 

I am 39+4 today. My son arrived 39+6 so i am realllllly hoping little lady doesn’t keep me waiting to long! 

I have my second sweep tomorrow afternoon. Have been having strong Braxton Hicks on and off for a couple of weeks randomly, but nothing consistent! 

• Options

imageimageElsa Grace born at 2:02 today A cute little 6 lb 15 oz at 41 weeks!! Ended up in hospital for 12 o clock. I’m really lucky, she was totally healthy, and I didn’t cut. All being well could be home by tomorrow!! I’m so excited to live the next chapter of me, my little boys and her life 💕 so in love. Should be sleeping, instead I’m watching her thinking about how lucky I am 😌 loving the pics girls and good luck to everyone having pains!!

• Options

Congratulations Kathkenzplus1! Elsa is so adorable! Please do come and tell us how it all unfolded on the Big Birth thread (and we'll send you a gift). 

StephLauren, we're really hoping baby comes soon! 

• Options

Aww kathken congratulations she is just beautiful  and Worth the wait she is