Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Awwwww Kathkenz she's gorgeous!! Congratuations, so glad everything went well for you!

How exciting you ladies getting close! Fingers crossed there's some more gorgeous August babies soon!

George now weighs 6lbs over his birthweight at 10 days old, little feeding monster! So happy though, the midwife also said he's remarkably strong so I feel like that 12 hour session did something! He's now been cluster feeding for 6 hours though, in-laws came over and didn't get a single cuddle after a1.5 hour drive bless them...

Not sure if you guys probably know this already but Aldi have started their big baby event online today :) 

• Congrats Kath 😀 she is a wee beaut 💟💟💟

I hope all you other ladies have your bundles of joys soon. Xx

• Kath yay!!! Congratulations shes gorgous!! 

Hope all the ladies waiting have their babies soon. 

Such lovely photos girls. 

Lizzie hows the constipation for your girl? Do aptilmal formula do one specifically for conspitation. I seem to think they do we used it for our son a few times... 

Hope everyones ok xxxxxx

• Congratulations Kathkenz! She is gorgeous 

• Vonnie she is on cow and gate and I tried the comfort milk that’s for constipation but she just refused to drink it because it’s a lot more watery than the normal so the health visitor said to mix them to see if it helps but it’s just not working at all I have given her water massages her belly everything so going to ring her tomorrow to see what else I can try. It’s so hard seeing her in so much pain when she tries to poop 😞 

• Lizzie its so horrible to see your baby uncomfy i hope something gets sorted. My boy had constipation/ trapped wind. Dont know if you have tryed cycling her legs/ bringing her legs up to her chest and havingbher on her tummy rubbing her back. We did that with our son.... Made me feel a bit less helpless. Hope something gets sorted soon xxxxxxx

• If anyones struggling with wind gripewater is a god send, little ones been on half a dose every feed for a week now and mostly manages to burp a lot easier, still sometimes struggles with wind down below buy defo worth a try! My rosie was constipated but aptimal comfort worked wonders we are now practically one poop a day everyday however theyre so smelly lol! 

Congrats kath! Xx

• I used gripe water with my other 2 bobble and it was fab. It was the first thing I bought when I was getting in baby stuff for Matthew. Touch wood I haven't had need to use it yet but defo worth keeping in the cupboard just incase. Glad your wee one is managing to go to the toilet. 

Well my wee man had a wonder sleep last night. I'm sure it was a one off lol but he went down at 9pm and other than a quick 10min feed at 130am that was him until 6am 😁😁😁😁. 

• KathKenz- Congratulations! She is beautiful! Hope you are both doing well 😍

There seems to be a lot of girls being born at the moment doesnt there?

I am 39+2 and am team green! Can't wait to find out what we are having!

Good luck to everyone who is not too far from their due dates 😍

• Thanks girls. I am so lucky and over the moon. She’s a dream and her big brother loves her!! roll on tomorrow we will all be home together 😬😌

• Hi everyone, we just wondered how the new mums are doing and how those of you waiting your arrivals are getting on too? 

• Quick announcement! As there have been quite a few babies born, we though it was time to kick off your August 2018 Babies thread. Please feel free to post here, or on the new thread (whether you have had your baby or not) but we will eventually lock this thread once all the babies have arrived. 

New August 2018 Babies thread here! Please do come on over and hit the green follow button so you don't miss any posts. 

• Hey Everyone! 

Hope all the mummies and babies are doing well and the mummies still awaiting their bubbas are ok!? 

I am 40 weeks today! Official due date for my baby girl. Ive had my second sweep of the week and have gone from 1cm on Monday to 2cm today. Just waiting for regular contractions to kick in! Hopefully not to long. 

• Aww Steph hopefully baby will be here soon. 

I have been feeling a bit down the past few days crying for hours on end just feeling useless. I finally told my mum how I was feeling and she has me staying with her for a while. Think it’s just the fact am doing everything on my own and with baby been as early as she was I wasn’t mentally prepared at all and that made me feel like a rubbish parent on top of all the issues with her pooping to as she was screaming in so much pain. 

Feeling more positive today as she finally pooped well last night and Having people around me all day is really helping it’s taken a lot to speak how I really feel because I felt so ashamed of myself for it.

other than that the little one went to 8lbs 4 at her weigh in so 10 ounces in a week so she is doing great. She also finally passed her hearing test the other day so she is definitely coming on great.

hipe everyone is doing ok and babies to 

• Oh Lizzie, big hug!!! you shouldn’t feel ashamed at all! 

Your doing an amazing job at raising your bubba. The first few weeks/months are tough! For 1st 2nd 3rd and more time mumas! You’ve been able to recognise how youre feeling and talk to your mum about it. That’s a brave thing to do. I’m glad you’ve got your Mum and people around you :) and it sounds like your little girlie is doing great and that’s all down to you! 

• Hi StephLauren, sorry your dud date came and went but you sound lovely and positive! How was your night last night? Contractions anymore frequent? 

Don't forget peeps: New August 2018 Babies thread here! Please do come on over and hit the green follow button so you don't miss any posts. 

• Hi Danielle 

i had a very good nights sleep (the best in 9 months) so was a bit disappointed waking up and not feeling anything but feeling very refreshed, until about 8:30 thismorning when i began loosing my mucus plug and I am now getting some more regular stronger pains 😃 so keeping my fingers crossed it continues!! 

• Sounds like that sleep might well have been the calm before the storm! 

• How you doing today Steph

Quick reminder! We will be closing this thread soon - please come on over to the  
    new August 2018 Babies thread here! Don't forget to hit the green follow button so you don't miss any posts. 

• image   We welcomed our little girl this morning @ 01:52 

crazy birth which I’ll post once we’ve been discharged