Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Keepiny my fingers tightly crossed for you Kgraham, glad you enjoyed scan too :D

KMH youll have to lend me your pursuasion skills for my sonographer, lovely scan and glad baba was showing off too! 

Vonnie, i dont know what to feel for lol! Ive had slight feeling where i think hmmmm, and theyre always in the evening and feels like someones flicking me from the inside out with this being the first time ive gotten this far im not really sure what im feeling for atm! Hopefully have some obvious kicks in the coming weeks, have you felt kicks? 

Must be mad, im very sorry to hear that you didnt get the news youd hoped for, i cant imagine all the different emotions youll be processing at the moment, please do let us know how wednesday goes, sending all my love

Xxxz

• Options

Hey guys sorry not been on got rushed into hospital Friday as I was in so much pain still not figured out why but baby thought it was funny and was dancing on it’s head and doing summersalts in there. Am find I am having a lot of hypos during the night any other diabetic mums to be finding this happening more often then not getting fed up of the sleepless nights now. 

think am just going to have one of those pregnancys were am just always in pain don’t think having ibd is helping either though seems to be causing most of the pain but in a different way than before. 

hope everyone is keeping well.

• Options

Sorry to hear youve been stressed out and in pain, do you mind me asking what ibd you have? I have crohns which a coulple times this pregnancy has had me curled over!

Xx

• Options

Yeh it’s crohns had it since I was young so always been in and out of hospital with it but the pain I have been getting is somewhat different but the same think that’s why there so confused by it there is a few people in my family with it so always had people to talk to when needed but my aunty is the worst and she hasn’t been pregnant for 30 years so understandably she forgot what it was like. The painkillers that they give me never seem to work its Like my body doesn’t take on pain relief for anything. This also scares me for when I get induced though to xxx

• Options

Lizzie and bobble I'm sorry to hear you both suffer from crohns and that it's both had you on severe pain. 

I've bought a few items of maternity wear of eBay, first pair of jeans arrived today 😀😀 hoping the rest will all arrive this week. My clothes no longer fit and I have been living out of 2 pairs of trackie bottoms. 

• Options

Oh kgraham am starting to feel my cloths getting tighter now so went to new look and bought some maternity jeans and they were so comfy when I tried them on. Midwife found the heartbeat today baby is sitting very low still but she said the heartbeat was very strong was great to hear this for the first time 

• Options

Ahhh yours sounds v bad lizzie...i was only diagnosed 4 year ago and only had one major flare up and then now just have good and bad days so defos in remission atm, funny that pregnancy causes constipation because ive never evee had that problem before lol!

Im not sure what to do about msternity clothes, my jeans are super stretchy and still fitting comfortably! Might be able to get away with some dresses i have over the summer...fingers crossed xx

• Options

I miss my jeans bobble lol I'm 20 weeks this Thursday and there is no mission of me getting my own clothes on lol I done the hair bobble trick for a while but that is no longer an option.

Lizzie so glad you got to hear bubba's heartbeat 😀😀 if your looking for clothes I defo recommend eBay. I have got myself a couple of bargains.....every penny counts and all that xx

• Options

Yeh bobble it’s strange when I get constipated coz I haven’t had that issue for a long long time it’s usally the opposite but it’s just a grin and bare it kinda thing coz they have to be careful of what meds they give you when pregnan. 

i has a look at eBay kgraham but was scared because I couldn’t try them on think am only going to buy the 1 pair of jeans am hoping the summer weather will come soon and I can just wear all the loose fitting things I bought to go on holiday with lol 

• Options

Lizzie I'm so glad to have my maternity wear come. I don't even have summer clothes I can get into lol have you bought much for baby? 

• Options

Only bought one sleep suit and that’s it going to wait till we find out the sex at the weekend got a private scan booked on Saturday then I think I will let myself buy more. I am clueless as to what I will need though to 

• Options

It's been 10 years since I had a baby and I feel like I'm doing it for the first time again. I have a few vests and sleep suits in. Will get more come may june time. I have so much to do. My two older boys have their own rooms but with baby coming they are now going to have to share so promised them we would do it all nice. The bed I saw for them is £700 .... I know it's so expensive. Oh and I need to get a new car as I also have a step son so our 5 seater is no longer going to be big enough. Not even thinking about how much money we need to gather up xx

• Options

What is with this hunger 🤣 i just got out of bed to make a sandwich lol! Just me? Xx

• Options

Lol bobble, I usually get a munch on mid morning. Hope the sandwich was nice 😀.

Mustbemad good luck with the consultant today. Thinking about you hun xxx

• Options

Eeee, I've just ordered nursery furniture! I don't think I've ever been so happy about spending nearly £700 of hard saved money haha! How is everybody else getting on planning wise? I'm starting to realise that as a first timer there is so much more I need to get than what I oringinally thought!

• Options

I’ve planned and got quite a lot of the small stuff so I’m just slowing myself down now for a few weeks So I don’t go off track.  

• Options

Kmh what did you go for? I got ours at the weekend from mothercare 🤗

Hope all goes well must be mad! 

Xxx

• Options

I got ours from Mothercare too Bobble, thought it would be a waste not to take advantage of their sale! We got the Charleston nursery set in off white. What about you guys? 

I went to the Toys R Us near me yesterday and was shocked! Everything had gone, they had literally taped off isles as there was nothing down them. There were 2 very bored and fed up member of staff wandering around and that was it. TKMaxx on the other hand was amazing!

• Options

Oooh very nice! We went with lullworth set! I didnt go to toys r us as apparently prices are extortionate anyways lol! Ill have to pop into tk max at some point xx

• Options

KMH and bobble had a wee nosey there at your nursery sets and they are well nice 😀😀

I don't need to get nursery sets as when baby goes into his own room I already have furniture in there from his big brother. I have to sort the bigger boys room out instead. Wanting them in together by may. I'm quite lucky I have my crib for upstairs, our friends are buying us our noses basket for downstairs, nanny is buying us our bottle maker and sterilize set, MIL ordered us a an all singing and Dancing bouncer chair thing. I'm going to wait until next week and then start getting baby stuff ( nappies ect) every week when I do my food shop. Packet of nappies one week, sudocream the next. Have a lot built up come july/August. Think are neighbours will be sick of me for every time I get something big are small I put it in their house as I won't have baby things in the house...... old wives take of it being bad luck. Silly I know xxx