Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019

Replies

• Rang mau and they said again don’t see anyone under 16 weeks so go to a&e I can’t go sitting up a&e with my 14 month old on my own I’ll be there hours xx

• Sorry baby number 3 just seen your message I’m going to get ready and head up xx

• What’s MAU?

do you not have an EPu?

babynumber3- it‘s a really clear pic! So cute. I’m sure everything will catch up- it’s practically the same.xxx

• Jessica really hope you’re okay! We are here if you need us.

ive had a partixularly bad week with sickness to the point I’ve torn my throat and there is blood now in my sick however the doctors have changed my prescription last night and I feel slightly more human and haven’t thrown up today at all! ive been so worried about what nutrients the baby will be getting or lack of. But today I’ve managed some porridge and blueberries which is a great start! 

Im now 9 weeks, ive had a private scan at 6 weeks, a midwife appointment on 27th December and now I am waiting for my scan date how exciting! xxxx

• What’s EPU and MAU is maternity assessment unit. my little boy has just fell asleep so going to have to wait for him have his nap hopefully partner will get up soon and come with. I’m just nervous they will want to look down there don’t want them going down below especially when it’s only when I’m wiping I’m not dripping With Blood x

• Jessica if you ring the hospitals main number it takes you to switch board, ask them to put you through to early pregnancy unit. They will see you if you tell them about pains and bleeding. Honestly dont worry about them going down There and having a look, they see it every single day. Whatever is best for you and baby.

babynumber3 what a lovely photo! Aww bet it was ace to see he/she wriggling xx

• Jessica, they put a sheet over you and they are looking at the monitor, not you. I totally get you but it’s nowhere near as bad as you think.xxxx

• So if your slightly bleeding do they look at your vagina or just go by what you say and then go from there xx

• Jessica I’m sure they will take your word for it, they won’t ask to see blood I wouldn’t of thought. If I was in your shoes I’d ring and try get in for an early scan with them today to check all is okay. if They won’t scan you which I’m pretty sure they will, however if they don’t they will at least have to take bloods to check hcg level but I reckon they will scan you today. Hope all goes well for you and I hope you get seen today xx

• Thanks guys woke partner up so he will hopefully stay at home with our son or come with let you guys know how I get on x 

• Good luck Jessica, I had that bright red bleed on Christmas Eve and have had brown spotting with some red blood twice since, and it has turned out to be nothing, so try not to panic. Thinking of you Xx

• Ive been I was in and out they’ve booked me in for a early scan on Monday of bleeding gets worse then come back xx 

• That’s good then Jessica. Hopefully the bleeding will settle.xxx

• It all sounds positive Jessica - like I said I had the same and when I called my EPU they told me to rest if the bleeding was stopping. I have just had some slight spotting since but brown.

I am still waiting for my midwife appointment, I was refereed on the 21st but what with Christmas it has taken a long time. They have called me but missed the call as was at work. They call on a withheld number and don't leave a number to call back on.

TBH I don't want a scan too early because what happened last time, not saying the internal scan had anything to do with my MC but I had so many internal ones all that digging around couldn't have helped.

Anyone know how early they would do an external scan? From my last period I am 7 weeks today.

• Blondielauz I had a private scan at 6 weeks and it was external x

• I had private at 5 weeks and with external so on the tummy x

• Aww thats where its different, you both went private. At my EPU I know they will want to do an internal.

Thanks Ladies xx

• Private companies will do whatever they feel is best.

I had to have internal at 6+4 as I have a tilted uterus making it difficult to see when my bladder was full. So it all depends on the individual x

• I had a scan on the 27th which was at the hospital due to my bleeding / they initially went external but my bladder wasn’t full so they went internal! They may try external and then switch, but I found it no different to the external really - doesn’t hurt and nothing to worry about. Hope the bleeding stops for you xx