Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• So today has been the worst day of not feeling great for me. I just feel so sick, no energy for the last few days And just feel 🤢🤮. 

My husband has been great but just don’t want to move which isn’t fair on my little girl. I’m going to go to bed early tonight and hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

i hope you are all well and loving seeing all the scan photos. I called for my appointment today but they can’t give me one until February and my scan a few days later. I’m not stressing over it though because first meeting is just information and then the big scan the same week. Roll on February.

• Been and got myself a job today even tho I’m pregnant. It’s a nursery I used to work there Back in 2012-2014 then left and there happy to hve me Back.  They know I’m pregnant and still employed me so I can finally get some money behind me instead of just my partners which after bills rent etc we barley have any money left so having another wage coming in will be great. I can go out and buy myself the new baby and my son clothes and toys because we will be able to afford. And it will also keep me busy for the next 7 months instead of sitting at home! My son is coming to the nursery to do it will be good for him he will cry at first he’s never liked me leaving him but it will be good for us in the long run :) 

• Hi Ladies, ive just found this forum and im also due in august 9th, for the first time so its really nice to read your messages and also really reassuring ! xximage

• Hey Ladies. Nice to see all the scans :)

I finally have my midwife booking appointment - 26th Jan and I received my dating scan in the post - 11th Feb which I should be 12 weeks by then. 

I have been offered an early scan for Tuesday as I’ve had a previously MC and because I’ve had some bleeding and cramps. I’m so so worried to have it. I’m worried when they do it they won’t find the baby and it will be ‘pregnancy of unknown location’ like last time. I’m just so so worried. I weren’t going to have it and just leave it until my 12 week but I am really anxious to know baby is there and all ok. 

What’s everything think. Am I just really over worrying? x

• Blondielauz, it is completely natural to feel that way. I’m feeling very similar. I’m frightened of going to my scan and finding out that something‘s Gone wrong but I suppose we have to go and check. Fingers crossed everything’s going well and try not to worry.

jessica- brilliant news about your job. Congratulations.

xxxx

• Hi Andrea, 

just a quick update on the itchy feet situation lol.

last night was alot better and I think it's got alot to do with hydration. I drank alot more yesterday than I did the day before and even though they were still abit itchy it wasn't half as bad. 

I too used to be a big tea drinker but now only manage about 1.5 cups a day cus I just don't fancy it at all. but I've started drinking just weak ribena and I manage to drink abit more then. Hope u are feeling ok now about it and realise being pregnant causes lots of weird and wonderful symptoms! lol but try not to over think it cus stress isn't good for baby either. x

Glad all the scans so far are going well for u ladies, I have first midwife appt next Tuesday I will be 9 weeks then. going to wait for my 12 week scan but still feeling pregnant so not too worried about it, quite excited really! 

well done on the Job Jessica!! hope it works well for u and your family. 

• Jessica well done that's great.  enjoy spoiling your self.

I have stopped drinking tea pretty much. I will sometime have a few sips of decaf in the morning but it just makes me feel sick now. I have also stopped drinking gassy juice. still drinking loads though. 

Blondie i'm sorry for your miscarriage and i understand why you would be worried but maybe the extra scan will put your mind at easy x

• Hiya all ladies how ye doing well and scan are love to see.. So wrote awhile back on the other tread.. I was terrifed as this is baby 3..(3under3). Well took first step and went to doctor to day and told my parents.. Irregular periods but if I'm right I'm 8+3.. Sore boobs lots discharge and twinges in stomach nothing major symthoms wise. Waiting on dates for scan. Very scared this time around. Xx

• Welcome Carj 😊

Jessica congratulations on the job, that's great.

Blondie I can understand why you'd be anxious but I'd go for the scan. Might help you feel less anxious.

Edmomof2 scared for the scan or scared in general because you're worried about having 3 under 3? Just remember that bit isn't forever and there's always playschool funded hours for the eldest x

• Hiya ThuperRah..

I think its everything I'm from ireland and I live in one room in parents house with partner and kids we lost our home due partner loosing his job and now we trying to find some where new but hard these days. No room here really for another so I don't want to have to rent and struggle for their future. I suppose I keep saying to myself things will work out.

Also scan as my other two were so different. My boy I worked 4o hours a week till 38 weeks pregnant and induced 2 day early for pre eclampsia. My little girl I was in and out of hospital as I had bleeds I'm Rehus negative.. twice I was in pre mature labour once at 21 weeks (was put out on sick) and other 32 weeks thank god all stop and she came 10 days early in the end.

Both babies are healthy happy and have more than they need. My oldest is due to start play school in September so not long after I'm due.

Suppose I just get myself worked up. 

• Gsd mommy that would make loads of sense for me, I’m struggling to drink as most fluids are making me sick!!! I can’t even touch tea!! Maybe it’s just the dehydration!! The other day I had one litre all day!! 

• Hiya andreag1990 have you had any cravings ? I find drinking sparkling flavored water is easier that the normal! Been going through them like god knows what! Obviously not the best compared to still water but I suppose it’s better than nothing xx

• Is anyone else measuring ahead when they went for scans? I had one at 6 weeks and one at 9 weeks and baby is measuring 11 days ahead. I know it probably doesnt mean anything and growth will even out as time goes on but im a little worried its going to be a bruiser of a baby at this rate. Also im absolutely sure of period dates so its not caused by not being sure when last period was

• I've mainly just come for a rant... Sorry in advance... 

Had my booking in appointment a week ago, I am 10 weeks tomorrow, have tried to call the community midwife this week to ask about the risk of chicken pox as I've been in contact with it. No answer, left a message, no call back.

Called antenatal ultrasound today to ask if they had a scan date for me, they have no record of me on the system at all. 

I've had numerous nightmares about miscarriage. My symptoms seem to have pretty much gone except for teary and tired. 

I had a useless midwife with my first pregnancy, lots of things scared me about having another child and now I feel like it's going to repeat itself!

My midwife is based at the hospital at my gp surgery want to charge them to use a room so I can't even call the gp surgery to speak to a midwife

Rant over sorry 

• Strange for me I’m 9 weeks and 5 days and I have zero symptoms don’t even feel pregnant. No sickness no cravings I’m probably bloated but I wouldn’t know as I’ve got a bit of a tummy anyway. But this is how I was with my first no symptoms. My boobs haven’t even hurt once and i don’t even need to pee more than usual. Very strange but I had a scan last week and their is a baby in there 😂

• Hi sebsmummy that sounds awful! Can you not pop into the GP surgery and explain what is going on ? It took 3 weeks after my booking appointment to get the scan through especially with the Christmas break! Difficult to say but try not to worry, they will get you in even if it takes some battling with them!x

• Carj I've been told they may not even send it out until after 12 weeks, which would be ok except I've got to have some blood tests done by 13 weeks and was told they would be done with my scan and I work somewhere it's not easy to just clear my diary and go for an appointment!

Doctors surgery have no interest, weren't even interested I was pregnant just gave me a midwife number to call. 

Think I'm just battling my emotions today. So many things worrying me, I am currently in a carpark trying to not cry because a lady told me to f off after I beeped them because they stopped dead and sat for no reason then the passenger go out to go in a shop and they continued to sit there blocking the way! 

• Sebsmummy Have you got a number for the antenatal outpatients at your local hospital ? i called them when I made my first midwife appointment and also to check my scan date before my letter arrived so it might be worth a shot calling them? Don’t stress over it as I’m sure it will get sorted but I can imagine that’s easier to say than to do!xx

• How is everyone telling their family they are pregnant? We haven’t told anyone other than my sister. Let just say my mil stopped talking to us our whole pregnancy with my first and i don’t want her to stop talking to us this time as my LG loves her.

Then my adopted mum thought I was on contraception and I told her we were waiting another year or so to have another like two weeks before Xmas 😰 . I know I should have just been honest but I feel like, I have big plans this year and although I’m still going to do them she saw me struggle getting my degree with my little girl. I did it but it was hard. I don’t want her to worry🤔

• Carj I called antenatal this morning they have no record of me. 

Zoie I have let my son so the telling.. Who can not be excited when a very excited 5 year old tells them he's going to be a brother and it's the best thing ever 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions