Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• Hi @EmJ3, when I had my GT they said they would only phone me if it weren’t good news. I didn’t hear anything for a few weeks. I went for my 28 week scan and consultant appointment yesterday and they said all was fine and I didn’t have it. So if you don’t hear anything I would say you’re ok. Just ask at your next midwife/consultant appointment xx
  • @EmJ3 that's odd - my consultant wanted to book me in bang on 38 weeks for my c-section, but I pushed it to 38+5 just because of logistics of getting someone to stay to look after the other 3 and hubby's work.

I'm 32 weeks today. Hips are sore but doing ok otherwise. Sorry to those of you not feeling so great 😔 

X

• @EmJ3 after my GTT they said they'd call me they next day regardless of results and called me the next morning with the all clear. I guess it depends on the hospital's 🤷 I'd call them though.

I'm starting to get really bad pains down my side (hip and leg) like trapped nerves. Worse night's sleep as a result and now soooooo tired 😔
  • I hope your okay Rachel. 

How did you ladies get your growth scan? Was it the same day you saw your midwife or did they give you an appointment to go? I’m really hoping i don’t need one. I always fine the scans very painful and as my bump is always sore already i’d rather avoid if possible. I would also have to go my self so i just dont want the stress. 
  • Hey im getting there baby head low now finding it hard to sit down had bloods for iron aswell and yes they do seem to hurt with the scans presure points and makes me jump out the way they  thought it was just me they hurt lol xx
  • Am I the only person who hasn’t needed a growth scan?! i have just had measurements done at midwife appointments never been for growth scan? xxx
  • Im measuring fine at mw only reason i am coz im on baby number 11 and had some small babys and last 2 babies was premature im on consultant led care xx
  • @Craly24 No, I haven't had any growth scans yet. Bump was measuring a bit big at last midwife check-up, but have the next check-upon Friday so will see how it's doing.
  • I had 1st growth scan at 28 weeks due to 2 episodes of reduced movement. That was the primary reason. It just so happened to be 2 days after gtt test and while they were scanning to see if there was any reason for reduced movement they saw babys belly measurement as being off the scale. That then snowballed into meeting with consultant and diabetic team and further growth scans. Thats how and why i got my scans
  • @ERM do you know what the measurements were? My boy was measuring a little on the big side yesterday but she didn’t seem concerned yet haha

hes been head down for ages but now he’s had a growth spurt I feel he’s really on my bladder and im needing the toilet constantly xxx
  • When she measured bump she plotted it on a graph and it was nearly off the top, don't know the actual measurement though. Although I don't feel that big yet.
  • Awww thanks for your help ladies. I’ll see if they phone today. All hospitals must be completely different mustn’t they! It’s so confusing. I just can’t wait to start seeing these gorgeous babies being born. 

@Craly24 I’m only having growth scans because my 2nd baby was pretty big. I didn’t have them with my other children do it’s nothing to worry about.
    I panic and get myself worked up with scans so I’d rather not have them! Although I always find the private scans a lot more comfortable and I panic less but this is completely illogical I know!!!

I hope everyone’s feeling ok.
    xxxx
  • So i am measuring 33 weeks pregnant at 29 weeks. How does that even happen? She said isnt that worried but is sending me for a growth scan as shouldn't be measuring over. So what happens at a growth scan? Are they likely going to tell me i need to be induce or can i still have a normal pregnancy? 
  • I’m the exact same @ZoieS , at my 28 weeks appointment midwife measured me and baby was measuring at 33 weeks. She said she’s gonna see how I am next time she measures me as it can all be water, placenta, everything like that. I was wondering the same thing xx
  • @Rachel158 baby number 11??? Wow that’s impressive I’m nervous about having two kids in the house!! 
    Im not having any scans as measuring ok so far and my first was average sized!! Hoping midwife will tell me how she’s positioned Friday! Hoping it’s head down lol!
  • Yeh lol im quite happy when the mw tells u babys head down lol mw told me today hes low and ceph lieing long and 2/5 but its so painfull im counting the days away be ok if i wasent hurting also pine ing to see him as seeing him on the 4d scan was like omg i want a cuddle now role on due dat innit lol lol hope he head down to for u xxxxxx
  • @Craly24 no growth scans for me just normal appointments. I thought I was missing out on something for a moment there!! X
  • Jade i was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 26 weeks and that what she said wait until 29 and see if you need to go for growth scan. Im now measuring 4 weeks ahead. I think they like to see for two visits measuring big. Im happy my bp is okay and she said i have reflux 😂 so ive to go get something from
    docs to stop the sickness. I thought only babies got it😂
  • I get growth scan scans all time because my wee girl disabled as you know I been scan every 2 weeks mostly since I been 16 weeks now it’s not helping as wee man had only put on 7oz in last scan which was 4 weeks apart so back on tues for scan no doesn’t mean you will be induced if get growth scan there just wanting check if baby right weight stuff so don’t stress think cause most people are havin 8 9 10lb baby’s now adays my heaviest baby was 7lb 5oz so cant wait see wat baby number 5 going be I packed my hoSptial case 2day only need do wee man now x
  • Is anyone else’s wedding ring hurting don’t know if it’s swollen fingers or just cause I’m getting fatter!! Managed to get it off but scared to put back on