Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• Andreag ive took mines off. My last pregnancy my finger swelled up during the night and nearly got it cut off. So this pregnancy soon as it started to hurt i took it off😂. 

Thanks Jwebster. Im hoping its nothing and im just measuring big. I don't know how you do this Jwebster with the pains and etc scan and not be stressed plus your redecorating  your house. 

Emj3 i completely agree. I really don't like scans. I find them really painful and stressful. I like to believe everything perfect and scans make me worry something wrong. At 20 weeks they have to check for hernia etc as i was born with my inside outside so i just don't like the stress. Plus my babies don't seem to like it ether and the keep trying to move away lols so takes a long time. 
  • @ZoieS thanks hunnie I just take it all in my stride hunnie everybody says that’s me don’t know how you do it 😂😂😂😂 house looking gd 2 rooms go then that’s full house done so not been 2 bad I do my room last then I can put wee man Moses basket hope everybody well xxz
  • Hope all you ladies who are having a tough time and stressed are all okay! Just think not long left now! 

ive almost finished the babies room (just done a bit of a quick white and grey theme as we plan on moving in Feb so no point me doing much as he will be in our room anyway) word of warning don’t buy Ikea furniture we went for the biggest changing table and it has taken a day and a half to put together 🤣🤣 

i am all sorted now and so relieved, room almost done just need a few more little decorations for shelves, clothes bought up to 1 year old 🤣, pram set up, Moses basket set up, next to me crib set up, bottles and prep machine ready...I’ve even bought stuff for when he is 6 months and we will be weaning him🤣 just trying to be as prepared as possible as I am on a fairly good salary however my maternity pay is statutory so it’s going to be a shock to the system. I have however just been promoted which starts on 1st July (even though I go off on 26th) and it includes a company car so I have ordered that and then I can put car seat in, we’ve got one for my car and one for my partners. 

Only thing left to pack is my hospital bag but I have bought all the stuff and the bag just need to put it all in! if anyone who’s already had a baby has any hospital bag essentials please let me know! 

xxxxxx
  • Oh wow @Craly24 that is very impressive!
    The only things I’ve done is order my pram, but the Moses basket and some clothes! Think I have a lot to do! Haha!  I’m similar financially, as in, I need to buy it all now really so I don’t have to use maternity pay for it. Trying to save a bit for that too! I need to get cracking!!!
    @Jwebster82, your house is nearly done now!!! All lovely and fresh and new for the bambino!!  I love it when it’s all freshly painted! 
    Xxxx
  • Theres still tons of time @EmJ3 I’m working up until 37 weeks and finding it quite tiring already so I just went out and got it all so that I can sort it now and then start to come home from work and just sleep! Also my partner is going to Canada soon on a free trip with work, I’ll be like 33 week and I know he’s unlikely to come then but I don’t have the best of luck so I wanted it to be ready just in case cause it would be bad enough if something happened whilst partner was away but worse if I didn’t have everything ready! I’m a little bit of a stresser tbh! 🙈🙈 xxxzzz
  • Yeah true @Craly24- sounds like you have a lot going on! I have put the money aside to buy a lot if the stuff, just need to actually go and do it!! Haha.xxx
  • @EmJ3 I went on amazon prime for most of mine! It was so so easy and all came the next day I couldn’t believe it haha xxx
  • Craly24 such a good idea. I love amazon. My husband isn't so keen when i had my first born because when i was up feeding the door wouldn't stop going for everything i had ordered the next day.
  • Is anyone else feeling REALLY swollen down below? Im really feeling it tonight and unless im laying down or reclining its actually painful. I remember having it day before i had my last child but i was also having contractions with her too so im not thinking its baby coming. Its just sooooo uncomfortable/painful/throbbing
  •  OmgSaoirseK  OMG 

im so glad u said that I Thought it was just me it looks swollen to and abit vainy dident want to say to anyone bout it but yes i am aswell i get bath everynight it helps and hot water bottle xxxxx
  • @Rachel158 yes im sure mine looks swollen too (havent looked) but i felt around a bit and its def bulging either side. I might try and ice pack cos baths havent done anything for me
  • SaoirseK said:
    See i would try icepack but dont do cold be bloody freezing down there lol but hopefully helps for u hun just think wont be 4 long xxxxx

• @EmJ3 thank you I loving havin house all done just my wee girl room then mine then I can build wee man Moses basket stuff I have nothing else do as I got everything in for wee man clothes up 2 he 9 months even got all my kids school u informs in as we stop 3 weeks 2moro for summer kids go back school 14th aug so wee man going only be a few days old x
  • I was actually gonna ask the midwife today as I feel swollen at times and a bit irritated down below, get worried encase I have an infection.... can midwives do swabs? 
  • Yes saoirsek. I didnt want to say anything because wasn’t sure if men were still in this group or not lols. 
  • No Andreag i dont think they can. 

I honestly hate my doctors. My midwife called around and asked for me to get something for my sickness and they haven’t put it through because apparently they didn't know who i was🤬🤬. I know i spell my name wrong but surely Zoie and Zoe is the same thing🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. This happens every time because they don't spell my name correctly on their system so i don't show up. It really can’t be that hard to learn to add an i. Sorry for the rant but surely there are harder spelling names that mine.
  • Ive hit a wall and bordom has kicked it feeling proper fed up huffing and puffing round the house doing my own head in partner works comes home and sleeps totally getting on my nerves now grrrr !
  • Ohh @Rachel158 I feel you, it’s awful isn’t it? My hormones seem to have just hit all at once and I just feel so tearful today, like I just want to cry for no reason at all. Just fed up with the back ache and this full feeling constantly, don’t think my partner realises how bad it can be at times. I really can’t wait till our babies are here. Xx
  • @ZoieS that's so annoying, I would get so annoyed with that. Like you say, it's just an extra letter! :D

@Jades2409 I was the same last week, I just seemed to be overcome with this new wave of hormones, bf asked me if I was OK one day because I was being quite and I just burst into tears before I even realised myself that I was going to cry! Sat sobbing for like 20 minutes, can't even remember why!  :D

I was due for my 32 week midwife check this morning... got a text from the clinic 30 mins before saying the midwife is sick today, and will also be on holiday during my next check (36 week) so I should contact my doctor and re-book my next 2 appointments with my doctor instead... so frustrating!  :s
  • @AlisP it’s so strange isn’t it! I felt fine yesterday and then today it’s just hit me. Aww bless you! So many changes we have to go through but will all be worth it when we have them in our arm!

thats a pain about your midwife being away, is there not another midwife you could see instead of a doctor? I’m sure at around 36 weeks you do your birth plan?xx