Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• Yes I’m feeling the same so teary all the time and feeling rather down most days. My pelvic pain has gotten so bad I can barely walk and have crutches, I’m basically housebound. Will be having a meeting with my consultant to discuss birth options. 

Mad isn’t it how the hormones seems to hit us all at the same time. Sending hugs to youse who are feeling down xx
  • Yes - today for me was supposed to be the appointment all about birth and asking any questions I have, so I was really disappointed I have to wait longer to do this. We asked to see another midwife but was told everyone has an 'assigned' midwife and if they are not available you have to see your own doctor...or go see a private midwife for that week... kind of annoying they suggest for me to pay for private, when it's my 'assigned' midwife that's sick/taking holidays. Doesn't really seem fair. I managed to get an appointment to my midwife at 38 weeks... so she can enjoy my hormonal rant then....if I've not had a baby by then haha.

Over here in Norway, they don't have gas and air :#  (they ruled it unsafe for the nurses working environment a couple of years ago) so I was really curious to hear about what they actually do offer in terms of pain relief besides the epidural. 
  • Hope you are all okay girls! I was very emotional last week and everything was irritating me but this week I feel totally different so try not to think it will last long there will be better days girls ❤️❤️❤️

I am sat here watching one born every minute scaring myself! I thought this would make me feel prepared but I am terrified. I feel faint every time I walk into hospital, I’m really lucky in that I’ve never had much dealing with hospital in my lifetime I’m generally well and healthy I’ve onlt ever been in for my baby scans and I literally go into panic mode!  

🙈🙈🙈 
  • Thanks girls  feels better were all in it together and can talk to each other bout it all big hugs too you all 😚😙😗xxxxxxxx 
  • I had a little hormonal meltdown today in lidl car park... I got really stressed at the tills and some of the public making comments so I left the shop and cried my heart out in the car park!! 
    Had my midwife appointment today.... baby is so far head down my bloods are normal too.... she gave me a swab to do but also just gave me the thrush medication as she said it won’t harm me so... 
    im a bit stressed as my local hospital is turning into a midwife led one which doesn’t offer as much pain relief and if u end up in an emergency u have to be ambulances somewhere else... so I need to decide if I want that or just to travel to a consultant led hospital!! Nightmare
  • One bad ass day for you then big hugs hun i learnt the hard way with rageing hormones today  kicked a chair and  my foot is black and blue xxxx
  • I’m feeling the same. Took my daughter and 4 friends to watch Jess Glynne tonight and only just got home! I’m waaaay to tired for that!!! Haha!!! Got my 4d scan tomorrow! Actually today now!!! 💖💖💖💖xxx
  • I’m the same! Went to bed last night crying for NO reason at all haha we have chosen name and middle name now but can’t decide on spelling for middle name, what do people think? 

Isabelle May
    Isabelle Mae 

They are my both my Grandmas name, she is May but my other Grandma was spelt Isobel so unsure whether we make them both slightly different, not sure if it looks better with ending with ‘E’ for both or too much? Haha 

Can’t believe how real it is all getting! Xxx
  • Awww, looks like everyone has been fairly tearful them, these damn hormones, and how awful @Andreag1990 , take no notice of comments from people. Some people really don’t realise what others are going through! As for the hospital I think I’d be the same and would want to find somewhere with more pain relief options and also in case of emergency. Mine is really good for this as I have the option of going to a birth centre which is also attached to the hospital so if anything is to go wrong, I can just be rushed upstairs to labour ward in minutes. After my tearful day yesterday I’m feeling a lot more happier today! Must have just been very hormonal 😂 As for the name @Duncan497 I like the way Isabelle May looks but I think Mae is a lot more trendy and in atm. xx
  • Andreag im sorry some people are so rude. I hate lidl and Aldi for people complaining your not going fast enough and just being rude in general but you cant beat lidl bakery😍😂. I hope your okay x thats brilliant though they can give out swans i didnt know they could do that.

emj3 enjoy your 4d scan. I cant wait to see the pictures. 

I really like Isabelle Mae. Its really cute. Me and my husband cant agree on names as after 10 years together he has decided he doesn't want to name our baby Thomas if its a boy. He keeps flop flopping. So i said we can shorten it but i think i may over rule and say thomas as i think hell regret it if he doesn’t. Girl name my husband like Hope or Belle or Holly. Our first born was meant to be Holly but ended up not liking it in the end. So again i’m not so keen. I’m 99.9% sure we are having a boy so i keep coming up with middle names for boys 😂.

Yes these hormones are driving me crazy. Yesterday was the worst day, i kept falling over. I slipped on milk my daughter had spills and my husband didnt think to tell me until after and then putting washing in the machine i fell into the work top and banged my head. Then everything with the GP, the list could go on but today i am feeling very positive. Im meeting my friend for lunch. Is anyone else waking at 5 and not being able to go back to sleep? I think thats partly why i am being so tearful. 
  • ZoieS said:
    Absulty love the name Thomas i have a Thomas and a Toby all the Thomas the tank engine stuff is gorg for there bedrooms xxx

• Rachel we love Thomas but my husband think it will be confusing but i don't ever call him Thomas , unless hes in trouble 😂 and nether does any of his friends so i do think after 10 years of thinking if we have a boy we will call him Thomas, to being inform only a few weeks ago he had changed his mind took me by surprised. He is the last man to carry on his grandfather name so i think its really important too. So i really do think id put my foot down and say Thomas and middle name William. This is our last baby so i’m kind of hoping for a boy but would love another girl too. Its so difficult pocking names.
  • ZoieS said:
    Definitely keep names in family all my children have taken on family mames middle names too after there ucles auntys nannys and 1 of my sons has there dads name and my daughter has my name for middle name im on last baby now aswell 11th one so good job as ive ran out of names now lol im having boy he named after my brother in law lol xxxxxxx

• Had my scan- checked gender again and she said definitely a girl so we really do need to pick a name!! Said she weighs about 3lb 6 so if continues the same will weigh between 8-8.9 full term. Supposed to be induced at 38/39 weeks so we’ll see!
  • My baby girl...
  • EmJ3 said:
    My baby girl...
    Have u got any names in mind ? U can tell shes a girl her little face awww xxxx
  • Sorry just catching up everybody I must admit I not been hormones not even cry once threw this pregnancy at all @emj3 lovelt pics she looks as if she got a wee chunky cuddly face hunnue o been in totally agony wiry this spd every day gettin harder i has midwife yesterday she feel my belly like OMG he a tiny baby I was hoping scam was wrong saying he was smaller but with midwife feeling I not hopeful she thinks I going need go up every 2 weeks for growth scans now x
  • She does look like she’s got chubby cheeks doesn’t she @Jwebster82. At least 2 weekly scans mean they’re keeping an eye on you and the baby. He might have a little growth spurt! @Rachel158 we really can’t agree on any names at all!! She’ll be Baby no name!!! Xxx
  • Yip she sure has @EmJ3 I hoping he does he was 2lb 6oz last scan so we see wat he saying on tues at scan x
  • EmJ3 said: i think she looks really cute and looks like a little rosie may or something like tgat dont no why i just think she looks pretty and suits her xxxx