Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• Awww I like that name @Rachel158- my little boy likes Rosie too.xx 
  • EmJ3 oh wow how random ? I just looked at pic and name came into my head shes beuitfull i cant wait to see my little one im so wanting weeks to go now uncomfortable and hurting now once u see them on 4d scan to makes u want a cuddle more its like there right there with u innit and when they put it into hd wow xx

• Aww I love the 4d scans!! It’s getting so exciting isn’t it I’m desperate to meet little one!! And so excited to see pics of all of your little ones!! 
    My little girl who is three is getting her injections in two weeks I’m dreading it how on earth will I hold it together for her!! Does anyone know if they do both arm needles at the same time? I’m gonna be a wreck!! Anyone with older kids got some nice positive things to tell me lol!!

• Rachel158Rachel158 Regular
    edited Jun 8, 2019 9:36PM
    Andreag1990 awww second dose off mmr innit think it be in both legs hun i turns me little ones to the side hold there head close into me but you can prentend with her to prepare her b4 hand 
    1. Tell them beforehand. ...
    2. Practice with a teddy. ...
    3. Don't make a big deal of going to the doctors on the day. ...
    4. Give your child something to suck on. ...
    5. Don't tell them it won't hurt. ...
    6. You go first. ...
    7. Anesthetic Cream never gonna be nice experience is it bless xxxx

• Hi girls
    Just catching up on messages! I had my 28 week app and they told me I was measuring small. Baby is on 10th percentile. Anyone been through this before? I'm glad they're monitoring baby more often but just a bit worried. 

My friend is 3 weeks behind me and she's huge. I'm 5'8 with a tiny bump which is strange!

Hope you're all okay I've been feeling a bit low parents want to separate and I'm in the middle of it all 😔
  • Gigi28 said:
    Hi girls
    Just catching up on messages! I had my 28 week app and they told me I was measuring small. Baby is on 10th percentile. Anyone been through this before? I'm glad they're monitoring baby more often but just a bit worried. 

My friend is 3 weeks behind me and she's huge. I'm 5'8 with a tiny bump which is strange!

Hope you're all okay I've been feeling a bit low parents want to separate and I'm in the middle of it all 😔
    Hi hun i measured small on most of my babies i was having growth scans it just means we wont have big babies im petite 5.2 all my babies were fine just not big babies sorry ur parents going thro separation its tough at times still Rember mine splitting up whrn i was 9 like it was yesterday hugs xxx
  • Awww thanks @Rachel158 hugs back to you. Hopefully we'll both be fine. What percentile are you on? I have a doppler next week to check placenta is working x
  • Im just  below the average line yeh they always cha placenta just to make sure babies getting anouth nutrition thro it as slows down towards the end got induced at 38 weeks on some coz of it its ok tho all mine been fine i think its coz cant carry bog babies thats all xx
  • @Gigi28 I was measuring under 10th centile at my 28 week scan and so was referred for a growth scan but all was fine and baby is not as small as measured (she plotted me as between 25th and 50th centile) which is the accurate measurement. She did checks and had no worries, sometimes it just depends on babies position and they will refer you for a growth scan if they feel is needed. My friend had her 28 week the day after and the exact same thing happened so try not to worry :) 
  • I am gettin growth scans as well but I been gettin scan full way along saying baby under 10th centile think cause I been gettin scan all way Along I got scan tues again see how much he has gain this time was 7oz he put on in 4 weeks midwife feel tummy on Friday said he was a small baby but my other 4 havin been massive my heavier was 7lb 5oz x
  • Thanks for your reassurance girls. She's kicking away like anything though!

Have any of you prepared the nursery? I bought the snuzpod crib but might leave nursery till later but realise I will probably be too busy with bubba xx
  • Sorry to hear that @Gigi28, it's not easy to see your parents split at any age! 

We have made a start in turning the spare room into a nursery, built some draws and painted one of the walls. We are actually fitting some shelves and putting up two prints I bought later today. 

• Ladies for a growth scan do you need a full bladder? Sorry tmi i know but i forgot to ask and on my 20 week scan i nearly wet my self lols so not sure how i'll be at 30 weeks trying to hold it in :p

Gigi i'm sorry to hear about your mum and dad. That must be hard to be stuck in the middle. Try not let it stress you out.

We aren't doing a baby room but are redoing my little girl room. We only have a two bed house but hope to move next summer. We are doing an animal theme so will work for them both to share the space at the moment until we buy another house next summer.

I love the 4d scan. 

Andeag do you mind me asking where about you are? In Glasgow i have been told you don't get the next set of injections until 3 years 3 months? If not my lg would be due in August which is when i am due. Not sure how that would go. I will need to have another look and make sure i haven't missed anything. 

Those photos are cute AlisP we got something similar from Ikea for my little girl rooms. We also got this wall paper as my daughter is animal mad.  
  • @ZoieS I live in South Shields close to Newcastle!! My little girl will be 3 and 4 months at time of injection!! Thankyou @Rachel158 that’s really helpful!! Her injection is two weeks Tuesday!!
  • Super cute wall paper Zoie, I love all of the animal/jungle themed stuff. That pale pink and lightest green shade is basically what we have painted in the room. It's starting to look and feel like there is a baby on the way now, eek! 

• How’s everybody doing I ended up at hoSptial last nite wee man movements had not been great since Thursday wasn’t seeming pick up but seem ok on cgc was told not leave 4 days again without checking him over let me home as got app with counsltant tues a scan x
  • Jwebster82  Thats scary isent it glad u and baby ok how far along are u now they might end up inducing you next few weeks then wonder what it consultant will say after ya scan might talk bout getting little one out  i have a rageing back ache today can hardly walk 30 weeks Saturday i dunno how I'm gonna get through feels like i cant get through theese weeks xxxx

• @Rachel158 I am 30 weeks 2moro I am allready booked in be induced at 38 weeks there let me go home as this scan was booked in as I been gettin scan every 2 weeks since I been 16 weeks it’s gettin harder as I got bad spd hunnie lights at end of tunnel for ya all zxx
  • @ZoieS don't worry, you don't need a full bladder for growth scan!
  • Jwebster82 least u know u deffo got 8 weeks to go u can set itself too i aim my self to certain weeks to get through im like right 30 weeks sat had premie at 32 weeks so get the 2 weeks outta way then had premie at 34 weeks so get to there then thinking another 2 weeks to 36 weeks then deffo know wont be long feel like crying sometimes seems so long im all ready nothing else i can do to prepare xxx