Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    @Jwebster82 hope it’s today for you! By the sound son it anyway he will be here in no time!

@Sigsauer your so thoughtful! Just made me get up and go cut some strawberries! Haha, I’m sitting in most of today with the fan blasting and windows wide open with curtains shut! 😂 Have to take my cat to the vets later but hopefully it’ll be a short trip xx
  • Options

• Options
    @Jwebster82 Super exciting, hope all is going well. 

@Sigsauer Great tips, so easy for people to get caught out by the heat, especially when pregnant.

Had my 38 week app this morning, baby is head down and engaged. Feeling very grateful to be having a smooth first pregnancy. Just hope the same can be said for the birth! They don't have gas and air over here but everyone gets a private room with a birthing pool, so I'm hoping there are no complications and I get to use the warm water for pain relief and possibly go as far as to birth in the water. Is anyone else planning to use a birth pool for pain relief/birth?  

• Options
    @AlisP all sounds very positive! I must admit I’m in a similar situation to you. I’ve had quite a nice first pregnancy and hopefully at my 38 week appointment baby will be engaged. I’m also planning on using a birthing pool and wanting to deliver in the water. I’m wanting to try get through it without needing any pain relief but I understand that can all change so I’m not ruling anything out xx
  • Options
    Hello all my phone broke at hospital couldn't contact anyone I hem ridged at hospital nearly bled to death but I'm fine now home with little one how is everyone tell me all u r news missed you all so much love u all lady's xxxxxxx
  • Options
    @Rachel158 oh my goodness! Sounds so scary! So glad your okay and home, and hope your taking things very easy! How’s life with the new little man!? We’ve missed you aswell! I’m doing good, just a waiting game for me xx
  • Options
    @Rachel158 gosh you had tough birth! Have a dark grape juice (but try a little bit first if you breastfeeding) and dark chocolate (at least 70%) will help after blood loss. And lots of water.
    @AlisP in my first birth water helped a lot... especially shower on my lower back
  • Options
    Thanks girls very painful yes still have back pain on iron tablets as well glad u girls are ok what's Jwebster up too ? Anyone know seen bit about hospital xxxx
  • Options
    This heat is a killer!! I only have six outfits that fit me lol and 5 are out on line so in full black 😂😂!! 

Not had any emails to say forum updated I thought everyone had gone quiet 
  • Options
    @Andrea1990 I'm not receiving emails of notification either ? OMG I feel so sorry for u in this heat all of you your all doing so well I really couldn't take no more I felt so hot in pain went thro some ups and downs you all doing it tho weldone xxx
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    @Rachel158 so glad you’re ok. Sounds very scary though! How are you feeling now and how’s Riley? @Jwebster82 has been kept in as they think her waters have gone so hopefully inducing her today!!!

I'm struggling in this heat!

@Andreag1990, I’m the same with clothes. It’s waaaay too hot!!!

how’s everyone else?
    xxx
  • Options
    @Rachel158 he’s just absolutely perfect!!!!xxx
  • Options
    How perfect is he tho!!! Every time I see a pic I’m dying for mine to be here!! Finding it so hard trying to keep my three year old occupied while I can’t reqlly be bothered to do anything!! Baby has to come this week!! 
  • Options
    It's hard when baby here as well my 2 year old is everywhere at the moment she is lovely with him but she always on th go just think girls it's the 1st Aug next week xxx 
  • Options
    Oh Rachel if u don’t mind me picking your brain what was your little one like when met baba, has she been jealous? Have u found it easy including her? I’m a bit nervous about the whole thing!! Took Ava to hospital to see her new cousin she was bouncing off the walls, grabbing things... she even sucked his dummy lol
  • Options
    Hi ladies, sorry been a bit quiet on it. Been reading all the comments tho and loving all the new arrivals they are all so gorgeous!!

Struggling with the heat, all I do is sweat especially under the boobs it’s awful currently lying with a fan full blast on me trying to cope lol 

I’m going in for my elective c section on Thursday (won’t be sectioned until Friday tho) I’m so excited to meet my little one. 

Cant believe it where all on the home stretch now, it has flew in but also dragging in at the same time haha so weird 

xxx
  • Options
    @Lmc92 that’s so exciting!! How come you go in a day before? I’m really struggling in this heat too!
    xxx
  • Options
    Good tip : if you can't cool yourself down put your feet in cold water(but not ice cold) it will help you to cool down. Also Ice teas are good in this weather
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions