Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2020

Replies

• Options
    Oh wow Danielle, that’s slightly terrifying haha. 6 weeks till my section tomorrow and as much as I want her out, I don’t feel at all prepared! 
    Very glad the weathers cooled down. It was unbearable last week. 
    We’re preparing our house to sell and getting valuations etc so it’s so hard to keep it looking presentable with toddler and new baby stuff everywhere!
    I think my hospital bag is all finished - just need to replace some of the snacks that I’ve accidentally eaten ha.
    Hope you’re all well! 
  • Options
    Matilda88 said:
    Where I am we have a routine scan at 36 weeks. It differs so much where you are which I find so strange. This is new though as the last scan you had was 20 weeks with my little boy who is only 2. My bump was measuring nearly 9lb and he was only 6lb. Even growth scans are normally wrong, wouldn’t harm mentioning it if it’s bothering you though x

Wellcome1 said:
    Also does anyone else have the growth chart attached inside their notes? What centile are your babies on? X
    My little one is following the 90th centile from the two fundal measurements the midwife has done at 28 and 32 weeks. Back at the midwife in 2 weeks so will see if she’s still on track.

@Matilda88 Isn’t it interesting how different areas operate? Is the 36 week scan to check position and size?
  • Options
    So we can officially say that our baby’s are due next month!!! 😱🙈 
  • Options
    @Pe4nut 😳 so exciting!!! It’s crazy how fast it’s going! Xx hope your all keeping well x 
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks today and it just feel so close to meeting my little girl now but also feels like a lifetime away! Won't be long before we can all update with births 
  • Options
    I will be 33 weeks on Friday but getting induced at 38 weeks so only 5 weeks to go for me as well xx I can’t wait to get my body back now and definitely no more!! 7 is my limit! Lol x x
  • Options
    Just reading through everything and can't believe everyone is nearly due ! I am writing this in tears wishing I was still in the group with you all 😭 my little girl would have been here the end of August! I don't even want that day to come without her ! So pleased you are all good though and nice to catch up i did start this journey with you all just wish i was ending it with yous ! 

I now have my little girls ashes at home and hand and footprints 💕 

Hope you all don't mind me posting! Sorry girls just having a bad day with no one to turn to x
  • Options
    Chloe888 said:
    Just reading through everything and can't believe everyone is nearly due ! I am writing this in tears wishing I was still in the group with you all 😭 my little girl would have been here the end of August! I don't even want that day to come without her ! So pleased you are all good though and nice to catch up i did start this journey with you all just wish i was ending it with yous ! 

I now have my little girls ashes at home and hand and footprints 💕 

Hope you all don't mind me posting! Sorry girls just having a bad day with no one to turn to x
    Oh Chloe, I was just thinking about you earlier this week. Thank
    you for popping back. Of course we don’t mind you posting! We all wish you were still here with us too. 

Have you decided what to do with your daughters ashes? My friend has the most beautiful ring made with her Dad’s ashes.. she used a company called ashes into glass so
    can definitely recommend. I wish I’d known about them when my
    brother passed xx

• Options
    @Pe4nut thank you so much ! I didnt want to bring you all down but was nice to see how you were all getting on ! Never in a million years did I think I'd lose my little girl at nearly 20 weeks! 

I have looked at them and think I am going to do that into a necklace they have some lovely jewellery! At the moment she is in this and I love it at home with us I'm not sure I'll ever scatter them ! 

We are trying again so I'm hoping we will be lucky and convieve quick again ! 

Thank you for replying ❤ xx

• Options
    @Chloe888 oh that’s beautiful! I had no idea ashes could be kept in something so pretty!! 

I hope you’ll be on another birth club really soon then. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Our friends had a very late loss last year and have a special “rainbow midwife” this time round who sounds incredible. I hope you get a similar level of support.

I think we must be nuts. We’ve put our house on the market and are inundated with viewings.. 🙈 it’s hard work keeping up with all the cleaning and tidying with a toddler and feeling so huge and uncomfortable. Never mind if we actually have to move right after birth ha. What were we thinking!?
  • Options
    @Pe4nut I know me neither its a gorgeous urn ! I love it 💕 i hope so I never want to forget her but I still really want my first little baby in my arms ! Oooh amazing hope I get that kind of support! I've been told by my consultant we are no more at risk next time round with what she had we were just very unlucky its not something passed on from us or anything which is a huge positive ! 

Omg what were you thinking haha ! Had you gone mad 😂 that must be hard work! Xx
  • Options
    Ah @Chloe888 that must be so reassuring to know that there’s no additional risk to any future pregnancies. So glad your consultant had been able to put those anxieties and fears to rest for you!

Well after a mad few days, we’ve sold our house which is great because it means no more viewings but arghh, now we actually have to move! 
    It’s not like we’re going down the road either. We’re leaving England for Ireland! Our buyers have been great and say they understand our situation. They’ve already sold their house and are moving in with their parents so have promised to give us as much time as we need which is great given I’m going to be having a C-section to recover from!  Fingers crossed for smooth sailing haha x
  • Options
    @Pe4nut totally it does put your mind at ease! 

Amazing news you've sold your house 🏠! No way bloody hell that's a big move ! I hope everything goes to plan for you and its as smooth sailing as it possibly can be haha x
  • Options
    Hi all! I haven't been in the forum recently as I was in and out of the hospital due to cholestasis coming back (had it with my first). I am being induced next Wednesday  :# I feel terrified. Definitely looking forward to meeting my little girl but terrified at the same time. So no August baby for me!!!!

@Pe4nut good luck with the moving and the cesarean! So nice that the people bought your house are so understanding!

@Chloe888 happy that you are well and popping in again! What a beautiful urn. Glad you are trying again and doctors reassurance that you are not in great risk for this happening again. Wishing you all the best for the future!

I hope everyone else are doing well!!! :)
  • Options
    Hi @Lia15 - how you feeling about baby coming this week? July is flying by! 
    @Chloe888 what you have done is beautiful, and we have everything crossed for you. 

How's everyone else doing right now? 
  • Options
    Oh @Lia15, how exciting! Is baby here yet?

I’m really missing my sleep!!! Can’t get comfortable, constantly waking for wees! 🙄 Making me very irritable!
    I finish work on Friday though so can’t wait to take it a bit easier. 

• Options
    @Chloe888 I wish you all the best with trying again, it must be a relief to know there is no greater risk next time around.

@Lia15 I hope everything has gone well with being induced! Sometimes can take a while but hope its speedy for you.

@Pe4nut good luck with the move!  Lovely fresh start for when baby is here. 

I'm 37+1 weeks today and I really am over being pregnant. I'm just in constant pain, I havent slept for weeks and I am just so emotional. Physically and mentally exhausted. As much as I want baby to cook for as long as possible, I am so ready to get her out 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

I hope everyone is well! 
  • Options
    @Chloe888 what you have done is beautiful. I wish you all the best for the future and glad to hear what the doctors have said regarding no risk. 

@Vickie2019 I’m 36 weeks pregnant and feel the same as you. I cannot wait for it to be over now. I’m struggling so much at the moment with not being able to sleep, my feet and hands are constantly swollen and looking after a 2 year old. I have a c section booked for the 21st August if she doesn’t come naturally before then. 

Hope everyone else is well, I haven’t been on in a while so sorry if I’ve missed some things xx
  • Options
    Hi All!
    I have welcomed my daughter on the 16th at 37+1 weeks after an induction due to cholestasis! She is perfect in every way! The procedure was extremely quick so within hours after the pessary went in I was holding her! 
    I am relieved but now I miss my bump and have forgotten all the discomfort etc how weird is our psychology!
    I hope everyone is feeling OK considering being at the end of this pregnancy journey! Sending you all my best wishes my love and prayers!

• Options
    Congratulations to you
    she looks perfect! What did you call her?