Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Uterus irritated by cold air

Im a first time mom to be. Hubby and I are very excited about this. I'm still about 5 weeks pregnant and have noticed that my uterus seems to get crampy when the A/C is on (it is summer for us right now and it is very hot) and always feel the need to have a small blanket on my waist and lap to keep this area warm. Is this normal in pregnancy, has anyone experienced this or should I be concerned? 

Replies

• Just realized I clicked due August 2020 instead of August 2021. Still new to the forum, slowly getting the hang of things 😅
  • From my experience, the cramping that you get during early pregnancy is very random and sporadic. So it’s probably a coincidence that your cramping is coinciding with being in the aircon. Cramping during early pregnancy can be just as bad as period cramps. Everyone is different. I had cramping with my last two pregnancies. I have a healthy perfect baby boy. Unless it’s severely painful or there is heavy bleeding with it, I wouldn’t worry too much. Rest up and enjoy your pregnancy. It goes so fast! Xx
  • Also I’m not a doctor. If you’re worried see a doctor. But it sounds normal to me. Xx
  • @Sunflowerkisses
    Thank you so much. I'm really trying to enjoy it, but can't help myself with worrying sometimes 🙈 now its not the cramping that is bothering me, but the tenderness from my breast is gone, my breast still feel heavier than normal  but the pain is gone. Is that normal too?