Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021

Due in August 2021

Replies

• @Eforbes how did your scan go?!
  • @Scotsmama nice one for getting through the first day of home schooling! Hows the boobs today? 🤓

@lozzz the scans later on this evening. Cant wait to just know. Will let you all know how I get on.
  • Hope everyone's okay, I forgot my password for this so have been mia for a week 😅. 
  • @Eforbes good luck for you scan  hun we went on a walk today hadnt took the kids out for a while tbh our cases seem so high where I am and I've gone from knowing no one to having covid to knowing 6 people in a week 😪scary but we braved it today kids had a great time 4 year old completely soaked from jumping in puddles lol then back home for my daughters live lessons 💪
  • Ladies.. saw a wee heartbeat at the scan 🥰. 6 weeks so 1 less than thought so due date 7the September.  Should jump on that group I suppose 🤷‍♀️🙈. They said they could see where wee bleed has been but quite common and nothing to be too concerned about at present. Early days still but feeling really positive. Hope everyone is well  xx
  • Lovely, can't wait to see pictures!

It's going to be another stinker here today - 36 degrees 🥵🥵 I'm dropping my son off at kinder and then going to meet up with a friend from work for brunch. 🙂

How is everyone's symptoms going? I'm still peeing like 2-3 times overnight 🤦‍♀️ but my nausea seems to be settling down a bit. Now I tend to feel roughest first thing in the morning, then the last few days I've felt alright most of the day, then it hits again just before bedtime. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow so I am looking forward to the end of next week when fingers crossed I will be feeling much more normal 🤞🤞

Oh, I also went to my besties place for a BBQ the other night and she introduced me to a brand of alcohol-free beer which ACTUALLY tasted good! So I'm going to stock up on some to have on hand for those hot days/nights when all I want to do is sit in the sun with a cold drink 😎
  • @Eforbes oh I’m so glad all is ok! Been thinking about you! Please don’t leave this group!!!!! Xxxx
  • @Eforbes glad you got to see a wee heartbeat and all is well.
    @lozzz what's the name of the beer you found? I'm also in summer and craving cold foamy refresher at the end of the day. Glad your nausea is settling down a bit- that must be a relief.
    I'm managing to get out for a walk every day, definitely seems to settle the tummy a bit. Still have no appetite which is fustrating as soooo hungry!!! 
  • @littlefig if you're in Australia these are available in Liquorland!

• @lozzz I wish I was in some heat right now...-5 yesterday morning and more snow Is due. Sick of it now 🤦🏽‍♀️
    Boobs still sore but last night not as in Agni yet as normally am. Nausea was bad yesterday but seems to be when I need to eat. Once eaten I feel like a bloated whale and then the wind and burps follow. Oh my I had a burrito for my dinner last night and wow the effect on me afterwards....OH and DS needed gas masks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 getting my own back on them!! 

How is everyone else?
    not been on a walk for a few days as it has been way to icy on the pavements xxxx
  • @Eforbes so thrilled your scan went well 🎉🎉

Im 10w today. Just woke up and laying here and felt baby moving. Been feeling him about once a day for a few days now 😍 nausea is really down lately for me, just a touch in the evening. Which means my appetite is much lower and I think I can start to slow this weight gain 🎉 haven’t weighed myself in a while, but I’ve probably gained about 10lb so far. Actually been able to eat more veggies lately too, but still too much aversion to cook them myself 😅 funny how these symptoms slowly go away.
  • Hi all. I hope I can join your little group. I have been reading along for a few weeks but didn't dare to join as I dont want to jinx myself. I have had 3 miscarriages previously so I'm just kind of waiting for it all to go wrong so cant currently get excited.

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant today so due 18th August . Due to past experiences I have had 2 scans so far at the EPU. The first one was on 22nd December when it just looked like a diamond ring (the yoke sack and a little blob onto for the baby) they estimated me to be 5 weeks. I then returned on 7th jan and saw a heartbeat and a weird looking baby (I still can't make the scan out. The head looks like the alien from independence day like a hook head 🙈) but they said everything looked fine. Im due to go back next Thursday and then I have my 12 week scan on 9th February when I should be 12 weeks 6 days.

I had some blood on new years day night and the following Monday morning. This was only once when wiping but made me panic but was glad to see a heartbeat on the scan. Im not sure if this had anything to do with the time I would of been due to ovulate again according to my period tracker?

Due to my previous miscarriages I am currently only a higher dosage of folic acid, asprin and also progesterone pesseries.

Sorry for the life story.

I love reading all your post as helps me to be less anxious if I hear other people getting niggles or cramps. 

When is everyone else due ? Xx
  • @lozzz thanks, I'm in NZ, we have liquor land here so I'll have a look !!

@Stokiejodie welcome 😊 sorry for your previous losses, that must be so tough, but it must be really reassuring to see this little wriggler's heartbeat every few weeks.
     We are synced, my due date is 19th August so only a day apart. Here's to a healthy 7 months ahead eh! How are you feeling?

@KristinO1987 awesome that you are starting to eat a bit more and amazing you can feel him already!!! So exciting!
  • Hi @Stokiejodie! Welcome to our wee group! Congratulations! I am 7 weeks 3 days, due 29th August. This will be my second. My first is my DS who will be 8 years old this July. I am classed this time as a geriatric mother cos I am 40 years old. I will be c section this time as I had a difficult natural birth with my DS. I have my first midwife appointment on 5th Feb and our first scan on 16th Feb. Glad to be on furlough from work just now as nausea has been bad, but not been actually sick unlike when I was pregnant with my DS - I was physically being sick a few times a day for weeks. My skin has broken out this time whereas with DS I had amazing skin all the way through. Craving sweet things and orange juice/fruit, DS was bacon/cheese - anything salty really. I have gone off meat although I managed to eat some chicken today. I need to walk more but weather here in Scotland has been bad with snow and ice xxxxx
  • @littlefig and @Scotsmama thank you for welcoming me. And wow 1 day apart and nearly 1 week apart!

yh it is reassuring as ive never seen anything before as normally I've just gone in for scans following starting bleeding when it's too late. So fingers crossed this is a really sticky one.

Ive not been feeling too bad. The first week or so I struggled to sleep, now I'm tried and wanting to sleep all the time ! Had no sickness but had nausea on and off on different days at different times. I cant seem to eat much chocolate anymore which ruined my Christmas chocolate stash haha and in the first few weeks I seemed to be craving chicken nuggets 🙈🤷🏼‍♀️🤣 and just the usual breast soreness. My skin is awful too. It normally goes bad when I'm due to come on so it seems to be sticking untill I come on again haha xx
  • @Stokiejodie I feel
    your pain...haven’t eaten chocolate since Boxing Day! Had my first Kit Kat today...tell the truth I had almost a full packet of duo fingers - a few are still left. Now I’m sitting watching tv with a packet of biscuits 🤦🏽‍♀️. Boobs have been horrendous...massive today. I’m so sleepy last two days...can nap no problem but waking up during the night for the normal toilet visits and then can’t back back to sleep then when I do it’s only for a little bit then I wake with a headache. Hopefully back to eating more healthier tomorrow xxxx
  • @lozzz are you 11 weeks in the 13th? 

So am I 😍😍😍  
    My due date is 3rd August according to apps. Its my first child, but I have a weird feeling he/she will be born early. 

• @Scotsmama its so weird isn't it with loving thing one day then can't eat it the next. I love tiramisu and could normally eat a whole tub to myself. Had a little last night then felt really nauseous all night. Totally forgot about the weeing in the night. Im like clockwork between 5 and 5.30am then feel like I've only had an hours sleep. Hopefully in a few weeks the exhaustion will die off so won't be as bad. 

@TTCat33for1stbaby congratulations. Will you have your scan soon then you will know an exact date xx
  • Welcome @Stokiejodie and congratulations. Sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages; fingers crossed everything sticks this time 🤞 totally normal to feel anxious, especially given your history. I've had 2 healthy pregnancies and births and I still spend the entire first trimester in a constant state of worry, so can only imagine how you feel!

@TTCat33for1stbaby 11 weeks today (14th) and my due date is the 5th August! My first born came naturally bang on 37 weeks, but my second had to be induced at 41w3d 🤦‍♀️. I'm hoping this one is a nice middle ground haha. 

My symptoms are coming and going, which is good in the sense that it's no longer a constant, non-stop thing, but also annoying because I have 1 or 2 good days and feel like I've turned a corner, only to be thrown back into it. I woke up this morning feeling extremely sick and ended up throwing up my breakfast, which was annoying as yesterday I felt pretty good for the most part! I am definitely not as exhausted as I was during weeks 6 - 10 though which is a god send, because that fatigue was insane. I still get tired easily, but I can muster up the energy to do laundry or tidy up, which was almost impossible a few weeks ago!

I'm going to pick up my scan + blood test referral (finally) today, so will book in for my 12 week scan next week 🥰 
  • @lozzz we are so close! 

I feel the same with symptoms. I just start to feel better and go full out and then all of a sudden I'm down.

Has anyone tried the Ramzi theory with their first scan to predict gender? 

I've looked at so many scans but I don't know, I think I have an anterior placenta... but not sure if its right or left.